Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hi . .
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 3:51 am 

Religion: Buddhist, Christian
Hi, I'm a danish christian, quick story, got into religion bec. of martial arts, at first buddhism, was about ' theravada ' buddhism, for ten years, then moved to christian stuff . . I ended up looking at the major saints, and, got a rosary, and, have been doing that for almost ten years . .

Right now, trying to stay on the path, of honesty, also devotion, and, as an interest I have made my own rosary, spend ton of time reflecting, contemplating, and, try to make video-games, as a part-time interest, over what I learn, ie. use media to teach, or help people understand christian ethics, or values . . Right now, I'm looking for a forum, with some nice people, I have to be honest, the many years of buddhism, sort-of I still meditate, use 'mindfulness', other than that, have moved to the rosary, read saints, and, at times the bible, a book that was quite important for me was St. Louis Grignion de Montfort's book, about the rosary . . . I have a background, mostly family, in health-care, and, also find amazing things, in knights hospitallers, etc . .

I'm also from Denmark, 42 y/o, have been struggling with some PTSD, anxiety, have found good help in spiritual reading, and, spiritual practices, to help navigate the ' stormy sea ', of the ' dark night ', as I call the problems I've found myself in, over-all I think it's bec. of religion, that I'm alive, I mean, simply well, and, generally enjoy learning, studying religion, also praying, that's what I do atm, try to learn, get somewhat wiser, and, stick to the values of religion, in a modern world, that seems to have lost it's sense, and morality . . .

Post subject: Re: Hi . .
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 8:47 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: Third Order Lay Carmelite
Welcome to DCF! Glad to have you here.

Check out the various topics here and feel free to start one or join in. :D

Peace,

Dorothy

Post subject: Re: Hi . .
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:36 am