All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Help interpreting private revelations from 2001
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:47 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Religion: Catholic as of Easter 2010
Church Affiliations: RC
Is this the right forum for this topic?

Twenty years ago this month, I received a message. Then another came a couple of months later. After all this time, I am still unclear what it all means. Are there people in this forum with gifts of discernment or interpretation?

I’m going to write several posts to break things up, rather than write one long post. Also, I’m gong to number parts of messages, which might help in keeping track

Caveat: When this happened to me, I was not a Catholic. I was a devout evangelical protestant, and had not looked seriously into Catholicism until some years later.

Post subject: Re: Help interpreting private revelations from 2001
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:47 am 
Citizen
Citizen

MAY, 2001: MESSAGE 1

I was in Washington DC for a job interview. I was informally offered the job, but was not planning to accept. On the drive back to my hotel, I was overcome with a sort of pressure inside of me, and then these words entered my mind (which I am numbering):

(1a) “I have a message for you.”

I was rather alarmed and started praying. Nothing more came to me, until I was back in my hotel room.
While in the hotel room, more words formed in my mind.

(1b) “You are not supposed to be here. I have something entirely different for you (then a pause). You will be an evangelist, on a global scale.” Then there was another pause, followed by

(1c) “Something is about to happen. Your lives are going to explode. It’s all going to burn.”

Immediately after this I called my wife, and we prayed together. But I didn’t understand any of this.

Last edited by Xavier on Wed May 05, 2021 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:48 am 
Citizen
Citizen

JULY, 2001: MESSAGE 2

I was siting at my desk at work, and suddenly decided I should pray. While praying these words formed in my mind:

(2a) “It’s all going to burn. Go home and pray with your wife.”

I was confused about this, and asked God to show me what this was all about. Then the message repeated, but it was more pronounced in my mind.

(2b) “Go home and pray with your wife! It’s all going to burn!”

It was later in the afternoon, so I just got up and drove home. While driving home, my mind was racing, and I expected to find my wife in distress at home, or something like that. As if something terrible was happening. However, nothing was amiss at home. We prayed together.

Last edited by Xavier on Wed May 05, 2021 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:48 am 
Citizen
Citizen

CONNECTION to 9/11/2001?

On the day of 9/11, I was at work but headed home to pick up my wife, who was pregnant with our son. We were going to the hospital for a sonagram, and to hear his heartbeat. While driving I was listening to the radio, and they talked about a plane striking the Pentagon. My mind started to race, and while driving home to pickup my wife, I felt the same way I did when I received the second message about “it’s all going to burn”
However, I have some doubts whether these messages were talking about the 9/11 attacks. It doesn’t quite make sense.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:49 am 
Citizen
Citizen

FULFILLMENT OF MESSAGE 1b

In May, 2008, we started a Bible study at our house for neighborhood children. We held it weekly on Sundays. The kids who attended were largely poor, and didn’t have much to do. We made things fun for them and gave them treats and games to play. At its height we had 20 kids attending.

Most of the kids were Muslim from countries including Russia, Ukraine, and Palestine. We also had a boy from Costa Rica. Of them all, the Costa Rican boy was the only one who made a decision to become a Christian, and he was baptized in our Methodist church, I think some time in 2008. About a year later his mom moved them back to Costa Rica, and we haven’t seen him since.

The Bible study lasted five years until we after we moved to a bigger house several blocks away so both our kids could have a bedroom. The children slowly stopped coming to the Bible study. We didn’t think our move would end things, but it did.

It was a blessed time, and this experience seemed to fulfill the message that “You will be an evangelist on a global scale” I noted the Bible study started in May, 2008, 7 years to the month after Message 1 came to me.

Unrelatedly, I started looking into Catholicism during this time, and we entered the Church on Easter, 2009.

Soon after the Bible study with kids ended, we began a Bible study with adults in our house. Although it was not as international a group, we have had attendees from India, Mexico, and Germany. They are all Christians, and it continues to his day.

Last edited by Xavier on Wed May 05, 2021 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:51 am 
Citizen
Citizen

WHAT ABOUT THE MESSAGE 1b AND 2?

I am still uncertain about the meaning of the other messages

“Something is about to happen. Your lives are going to explode. It’s all going to burn.”
“Go home and pray with your wife. It’s all going to burn.”

After years of praying and reflecting on this, a passage in 2 Peter 3:7 seems to relate: “The present heavens and earth have been reserved by the same word for fire, kept for the day of judgment and of destruction of the godless.”

I’ve also come to see some parallels in the messages of Our Lady of Akita (1973) “fire will fall from heaven” and Our Lady of Civitavecchia (1995) “possible nuclear war

In addition, the way our country is changing and devolving into Godless lawlessness also leads me to think there are dark days ahead.
But again, I am looking for discernment and interpretation, from those who are gifted in this area.

Any comments about all of this?

Thank you for taking the time to read my story.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:03 pm 
Criminally Insane Cucumber
Criminally Insane Cucumber

Religion: The True One
Church Affiliations: OblSB
I personally would tend ordinarily to disregard any such messages. I don't mean to doubt your experiences in any way. But there are a couple of points to make about them. The first is pretty obvious. You've got these messages in hand, and then you seek for 'fulfillments' of them. A claim that you'll become an evangelist on a global scale gets 'fulfilled' by your having a home Bible study for children who hail from around the world. That's certainly not the prima facie meaning of being an evangelist on a global scale. Moreover, the message as you present it here contrasts your being an evangelist with whatever you're doing 'now,' but in fact it appears that your Bible study was not something entirely different, it was just a part of your ongoing normal life. Nor, evidently, did your lives explode, nor did it all burn. It surely might. Indeed, I think we can expect that someday it will. But we don't need private messages for that, right?

If there's a takeaway from these messages, I'd say it's all this: this world as it exists is not our final home. We must focus on prayer and time with our families, rather than on pursuing worldly goods. Someday, this will all come to an end--each of us eventually faces a cataclysm; our own death. Be ready for that. Stay close to the sacraments, and stay close to God. To the extent that you want to study and interpret, pray the Scriptures in lectio divina and study the lives of the saints. This year, in particular, would be a good year to study St. Joseph, and there are lots of seminars and classes going on that you can find with a quick search.

The messages, if they were indeed God speaking to you, you will understand in His time.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:47 pm 
Adept
Adept

Religion: Catholic
1) Seek a good and holy priest as your spiritual advisor.

2) Tell him everything you posted here.

3) Then do exactly as he says.

I for one appreciate your experience and willingness to seek advice here. However, as with all things, these types of things can also be created by the enemy to confuse and lead you away from the faith. They can also just be our own mind. It's best to discuss with a good spiritual advisor.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 7:43 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Church Affiliations: Third Order Lay Carmelite
Peetem wrote:
1) Seek a good and holy priest as your spiritual advisor.

2) Tell him everything you posted here.

3) Then do exactly as he says.

I for one appreciate your experience and willingness to seek advice here. However, as with all things, these types of things can also be created by the enemy to confuse and lead you away from the faith. They can also just be our own mind. It's best to discuss with a good spiritual advisor.

That is very good advice Peetem.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:30 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Thanks Gherkin and Peetem for your advice. I thought of a priest whom I could talk with.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:34 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Xavier wrote:
Thanks Gherkin and Peetem for your advice. I thought of a priest whom I could talk with.

I called my diocese recently and the church lady that answered said they dont deal with spiritual issues.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:56 pm 
Trophy Dwarf
Trophy Dwarf

Religion: Catholic Convert
Church Affiliations: Dorothy Day Guild
Stargazer wrote:
Xavier wrote:

I called my diocese recently and the church lady that answered said they dont deal with spiritual issues.

This is strange, I have worked for parishes and with our Diocese for many years. We (staff, priests, etc.) literally deal with spiritual issues every day.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:30 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Church Affiliations: Third Order Lay Carmelite
kage_ar wrote:
Stargazer wrote:
Xavier wrote:

This is strange, I have worked for parishes and with our Diocese for many years. We (staff, priests, etc.) literally deal with spiritual issues every day.

And that is as it should be! There are priests who can deal with deep spiritual issues, and many of them are givers of retreats at monasteries. And there are some parish priests who have such gifts as well.

Unfortunately, there are parish priests who do not believe in the devil.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:37 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

kage_ar wrote:
Stargazer wrote:
Xavier wrote:

Go to the ft worth diocese you will find about 30 different programs with giant administrations but none that give counseling of a spiritual nature. I was sent there by my parish priest who is running 4 parishes and cant dedicate time to what I am requesting.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:57 pm 
Trophy Dwarf
Trophy Dwarf

Religion: Catholic Convert
Church Affiliations: Dorothy Day Guild
Stargazer wrote:
kage_ar wrote:
Stargazer wrote:
Xavier wrote:

Go to the ft worth diocese you will find about 30 different programs with giant administrations but none that give counseling of a spiritual nature. I was sent there by my parish priest who is running 4 parishes and cant dedicate time to what I am requesting.

The good news is the Diocese of Ft Worth now has an online listing for a full gamut of Apostolates:

https://fwdioc.org/apostolates

There are also two retreat houses https://fwdioc.org/retreats