Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic Page 3 of 3   [ 48 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Reform of the Reform?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:15 am 
Offline
Citizen
Citizen

Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:04 pm
Posts: 567
Location: Arkansas Ozarks
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 4th KofC
Peregrinator wrote:
I don't claim anything except that we don't (and can't) know

Just like we can't know the sun will come up tomorrow morning. But if you're a betting man, I'll give you 100 to 1 odds.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reform of the Reform?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:17 am 
Online
Prodigal Son of Thunder
Prodigal Son of Thunder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:54 am
Posts: 40473
Location: Ithilien
Religion: Dunedain Catholic
Church Affiliations: AWC, CSB, UIGSE-FSE (FNE)
Vern Humphrey wrote:
Peregrinator wrote:
I don't claim anything except that we don't (and can't) know

Just like we can't know the sun will come up tomorrow morning. But if you're a betting man, I'll give you 100 to 1 odds.

No, that's not a good analogy. We have zero information about how the Apostles received Holy Communion but lots of precedent for the sun coming up in the morning.

_________________
Formerly Bagheera

"Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the King." (1 Peter 2:17)
Federation of North-American Explorers - North Star Group - How You Can Help


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reform of the Reform?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:11 pm 
Offline
Citizen
Citizen

Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:04 pm
Posts: 567
Location: Arkansas Ozarks
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 4th KofC
Peregrinator wrote:
Vern Humphrey wrote:
Peregrinator wrote:
I don't claim anything except that we don't (and can't) know

Just like we can't know the sun will come up tomorrow morning. But if you're a betting man, I'll give you 100 to 1 odds.

No, that's not a good analogy. We have zero information about how the Apostles received Holy Communion but lots of precedent for the sun coming up in the morning.

We have information the Apostles were eating out of the dish, taking food by hand. We have information that is the normal procedure. We have ZERO information that Jesus changed the procedure.

If we say we don't know how they took the bread, then we can just as easily posit they took it with their toes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reform of the Reform?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:07 pm 
Online
Prodigal Son of Thunder
Prodigal Son of Thunder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:54 am
Posts: 40473
Location: Ithilien
Religion: Dunedain Catholic
Church Affiliations: AWC, CSB, UIGSE-FSE (FNE)
Vern Humphrey wrote:
We have information the Apostles were eating out of the dish, taking food by hand.

Yes, we have information that they were eating before they received Holy Communion.

Quote:
We have information that is the normal procedure.

Normal procedure for what? What Our Lord did was without precedent, so there wasn't a "normal procedure" for it -- there was no "procedure" at all!

Quote:
If we say we don't know how they took the bread, then we can just as easily posit they took it with their toes.

Yes, that is why we have a constant tradition of the faithful taking Holy Communion in their toes.

_________________
Formerly Bagheera

"Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the King." (1 Peter 2:17)
Federation of North-American Explorers - North Star Group - How You Can Help


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reform of the Reform?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:45 pm 
Offline
Citizen
Citizen

Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:04 pm
Posts: 567
Location: Arkansas Ozarks
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 4th KofC
Peregrinator wrote:
Vern Humphrey wrote:
We have information the Apostles were eating out of the dish, taking food by hand.

Yes, we have information that they were eating before they received Holy Communion.

Quote:
We have information that is the normal procedure.

Normal procedure for what? What Our Lord did was without precedent, so there wasn't a "normal procedure" for it -- there was no "procedure" at all!

Quote:
If we say we don't know how they took the bread, then we can just as easily posit they took it with their toes.

Yes, that is why we have a constant tradition of the faithful taking Holy Communion in their toes.

And where do we have ANY information that it was done that way when the sacrament of the Eucharist was initiated?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reform of the Reform?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:40 pm 
Online
Prodigal Son of Thunder
Prodigal Son of Thunder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:54 am
Posts: 40473
Location: Ithilien
Religion: Dunedain Catholic
Church Affiliations: AWC, CSB, UIGSE-FSE (FNE)
Vern Humphrey wrote:
And where do we have ANY information that it was done that way when the sacrament of the Eucharist was initiated?

We don't have any information about it at all, which is why we can't be certain that the Apostles received Our Lord's Body and Blood in their hands.

_________________
Formerly Bagheera

"Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the King." (1 Peter 2:17)
Federation of North-American Explorers - North Star Group - How You Can Help


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reform of the Reform?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:31 pm 
Offline
Citizen
Citizen

Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:04 pm
Posts: 567
Location: Arkansas Ozarks
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 4th KofC
Peregrinator wrote:
Vern Humphrey wrote:
And where do we have ANY information that it was done that way when the sacrament of the Eucharist was initiated?

We don't have any information about it at all, which is why we can't be certain that the Apostles received Our Lord's Body and Blood in their hands.

And the lack of evidence about a conspiracy to kill Kennedy just proves how good the conspiracy was.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reform of the Reform?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:25 am 
Online
Prodigal Son of Thunder
Prodigal Son of Thunder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:54 am
Posts: 40473
Location: Ithilien
Religion: Dunedain Catholic
Church Affiliations: AWC, CSB, UIGSE-FSE (FNE)
This is silly - I could just as well assert that the Apostles received by mouth and challenge you to prove they did not.

_________________
Formerly Bagheera

"Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the King." (1 Peter 2:17)
Federation of North-American Explorers - North Star Group - How You Can Help


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 3 of 3   [ 48 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


Jump to: