Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: because God said so
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:42 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Religion: Catholic
I feel like I have been struggling so much with making excuses for people and trying to explain things in a way that they will understand. I really feel like no matter what arguments you use it comes down to whether the person you are speaking with has faith or whether God has granted it to them to understand something. I feel like the real answer to why we should or shouldn't do something is just because God said so...

Post subject: Re: because God said so
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:14 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: Third Order Lay Carmelite
kpl2014 wrote:
I feel like I have been struggling so much with making excuses for people and trying to explain things in a way that they will understand. I really feel like no matter what arguments you use it comes down to whether the person you are speaking with has faith or whether God has granted it to them to understand something. I feel like the real answer to why we should or shouldn't do something is just because God said so...

I don't remember if I shared this before or not....but here it is:

I say it myself every single morning, although when I started I thought I would do so for just nine days.

First there is a little background about where the novena came from, and then it starts. You can print it out if you can.

https://catholicexchange.com/the-surren ... everything

You don't have to struggle with everything, "Let Jesus take care of everything". He wants to.