Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Help on Catholic book
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:40 pm 

Religion: Catholic
I have a friend who wants to learn more about the Catholic faith. He wants something that is not focused as much on apologetics. I was looking through my books and most have an apologetic slant or are too deep fir someone learning. I was thinking Theology for Beginners maybe, but maybe it's too basic. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Btw, I was a long time member here but haven't logged on in a while. I think my account was removed. This is my new one.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Help on Catholic book
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:34 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic (Syro Malabar)
PM Siggy and tell her your previous username. She can reactivate your account for you.

The modern CCC and the Catechism of Pope Pius X are good. They are available online; verify whether they are what your friend wants.

Praying for your friend :pray:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:44 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
If Theology for Beginners is too basic, then try Theology and Sanity, which is the advanced version of the same book.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:58 pm 

Thanks for the suggestions. I will take a look at Theology and Sanity. My friend is from the school of Calvin (went to Calvin college with my wife who has since coverted). I let him read some Scott Hahn stuff like 11 years ago. It scared the heck out of him and he buried it in his mind. He seems to be coming back around now. I know the Holy Spirit is working on him. He and his wife stayed at my house over Spring break and it moved him I think. They do need prayers as they have never been able to conceive despite tremendous effort.

I joined this forum in 2002. Maybe I can reactivate my account.

Thanks

Clint