Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hellloooo... anybody here?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:17 pm 

Religion: Catholic
I'm new to this forum and I'd love to chat with some fellow chronologically gifted Catholics. :wave

I'm 58, female, from Kansas, and not really a nun; my username is just me being funny. I'm a single lady. Cradle Catholic. If you are reading this, nice to meet you!

Post subject: Re: Hellloooo... anybody here?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:11 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
i read pretty much everything, except the stuff that goes over my head... :stars:

but how could i resist? i was going to just answer... hello... i'm here :wave

i married my beautiful bride over 46 years ago... she's cradle, i'm a convert... long after the marriage in the Church

and i love to talk :cloud9:

nice to meetcha

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:47 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
just taking a WAG ... emily, is that you?

you said you had been on the forum ... never mind... you would remember if you used your name... :oops:

De Maria numquam satis

Last edited by faithfulservant on Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:15 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Church Affiliations: Third Order Lay Carmelite
Sister Incognita,

I'm 84 and have lived in Florida for 32 years....a transplant from Brooklyn, Queens, and then Long Island when I got married. We had eight children, and I have been a widow for 23 years. When we moved to Florida our three youngest came with us....the others were already on their own.

I love my parish church and have many great friends there. I am blessed with having two of my children and their families living in this area.

I like it that it doesn't snow here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:56 am 

67. Single. Cradle Catholic.

Welcome! :wave

A modern day Shunamite woman. (2 Kgs. 4:26)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:59 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Church Affiliations: 4th KofC
Vernon Humphrey, 79, retired Army, living on a farm deep in the Arkansas Ozarks. My wife of 55 years has Alzheimer's and after several years of caring for her at home, we just took her to a behavioral unit for evaluation -- the first step in getting her into a nursing home.

(added) Irish Catholic, wife is a convert.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:23 pm 

Wow, I'm amazed at so many replies! :)

I think it's great to have this space where we can all chat. I'm glad the forums are working again; there had been some weird code at the top of the page for several weeks and it wasn't letting me login. Apparently that's fixed now - may it remain so.

Catholic radio has really been good for me; I've been listening to it for awhile now. Learned a lot. I like apologetics and other areas of discussion that take me deeper into knowledge of the Faith. I have to laugh sometimes - when I was in high school, though I was a serious gal, and paid attention in catechism class and did the homework, I was also relieved when I graduated. Some years later I had a "nightmare" that I had to go back. But that was only a temporary feeling, I guess, because once I started learning from places such as Catholic Answers (back in the day, they were a small outfit that published tracts on colored paper) I caught the bug and have wanted to learn more and more.

I had been on the old CA Forums before they switched their software to the Discourse format which I didn't care for. I finally did cave and make this account there as my other one under a different name had lapsed. Last November or December I saw that they were going to shut down those forums. I'd already started in over here but not posted much. Then there was that glitch. But now here I am and glad to be here!