Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Anyone here belong to a union that supports abortion access?
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 7:17 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic
Never before I took my current job a bit over three years ago had I been a union member. For my own security, I'll blur the details, but just today I received a text message from the union asking me to join a "gathering" "to defend abortion access."

I replied with a text saying that "I will leave the union if it continues to support the deliberate slaughter of innocent human beings." I don't know if anyone will even read that reply, but I'm wondering how to proceed. Certainly my union had advocated some political candidates I strongly opposed, but I never bothered to act, until now, against my union. I don't think I'm alone at this moment in US history: there must be millions of union workers in the US feeling as I do, and I suppose there are pro-life groups to support us.

The Wall Street Journal ran this editorial a few days ago (8 May 2022 - Mother's Day) (it might be behind a paywall for you, though I closed the pop-up ad for a subscription and was able to read it):
Give Pro-Life Union Members a Choice: Organized labor backs Planned Parenthood. Not all workers do.

Post subject: Re: Anyone here belong to a union that supports abortion acc
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:27 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 4th KofC
Unions are essentially captive voters forced to support left-wing politicians and policies.