[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_db.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_db.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3845)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3845)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3845)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3845)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3845)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3845)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3845)
The Catholic Message Board :: View topic - Buying a truck: possible front end problems
The Catholic Message Board
http://forums.avemariaradio.net/

Buying a truck: possible front end problems
http://forums.avemariaradio.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=143744
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Philothea [ Thu May 03, 2012 7:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Buying a truck: possible front end problems

We are buying a truck, and I test drove it tonight and it seems to have no shocks and pulls greatly to the right.

I know that the pulling could be from tires or front-end alignment, and the shocks would need to be replaced, and I looked it up online and they said $50-100 (different places) for the alignment, and I don't know what labor would be for the shocks but they seem to run $35 and up each.

It also has a problem with the driver's seat--can't adjust the back's angle--and has a rattly-ticky sort of thing happening when one first takes off.

I am just wondering if the front-end stuff could run into more problems than just alignment and shocks? I don't know very much about that sort of thing, to tell the truth.

Thanks very much!

Author:  kage_ar [ Thu May 03, 2012 8:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Buying a truck: possible front end problems

We have never owned a new car.

Every used car we have purchased from a reputable car lot OR from a friend/coworker has been a great car.

Of those we have bought from total strangers, only one turned out to be a good car.

My advice, buy a used car from someone you know and trust - unless you are a mechanic.

Author:  Desertfalcon [ Thu May 03, 2012 8:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Buying a truck: possible front end problems

My advice is to never, ever, by a car that has the kind of problems that you describe. It may have been in an accident or has serious problems from something else. There are lots of used cars out there. Spend your money on one you will not have to immediately have major work done on.

Author:  Philothea [ Thu May 03, 2012 8:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Buying a truck: possible front end problems

Thanks, Kelly and DS :) I thought it would be ok if there weren't any other problems, but DS made it seem like there was too much of a chance that there would be other problems, so I'm gonna tell the guy no.

And hope that he wasn't lying when he said someone else was interested!

Author:  Desertfalcon [ Thu May 03, 2012 9:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Buying a truck: possible front end problems

Philothea wrote:
Thanks, Kelly and DS :) I thought it would be ok if there weren't any other problems, but DS made it seem like there was too much of a chance that there would be other problems, so I'm gonna tell the guy no.

And hope that he wasn't lying when he said someone else was interested!

D[F]. :fyi:

I've bought and sold a few used cars and of course, I am giving advice about one that I know nothing about, but it's sort of a standard rule I think, that steering, alignment, frame problems, in a used car, are a good indicator that something seriously wrong probably happened to that vehicle. It is likely the reason the owner is trying to unload it. Best to keep looking.

Author:  Doom [ Thu May 03, 2012 9:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Buying a truck: possible front end problems

Honestly, if you discovered problems like that on a simple test drive, it is likely that there are other problems as well.....unless you're a professional car re-builder it is not a good idea to buy a car that you know has problems....

Author:  Philothea [ Thu May 03, 2012 10:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Buying a truck: possible front end problems

Desertfalcon wrote:
Philothea wrote:
Thanks, Kelly and DS :) I thought it would be ok if there weren't any other problems, but DS made it seem like there was too much of a chance that there would be other problems, so I'm gonna tell the guy no.

And hope that he wasn't lying when he said someone else was interested!

D[F]. :fyi:

:oops: Sorry 'bout that!

Quote:
I've bought and sold a few used cars and of course, I am giving advice about one that I know nothing about, but it's sort of a standard rule I think, that steering, alignment, frame problems, in a used car, are a good indicator that something seriously wrong probably happened to that vehicle. It is likely the reason the owner is trying to unload it. Best to keep looking.

Doom wrote:
Honestly, if you discovered problems like that on a simple test drive, it is likely that there are other problems as well.....unless you're a professional car re-builder it is not a good idea to buy a car that you know has problems....

Yeah, I think y'all are probably right. I'm so bummed out that the man we used to buy cars from went out of business--he was great :) I don't mind buying a car knowing that things will need to be done to it, but this one seems like we don't know what the problem is.

Author:  Philothea [ Thu May 03, 2012 10:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Buying a truck: possible front end problems

Thanks, everyone, for all your help. We're going to look for something better :)

Author:  Philothea [ Fri May 04, 2012 5:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Buying a truck: possible front end problems

Thanks very much, everyone :D We had to go to town today, so I stopped in at a little car place, and they had a great car in much better shape! I talked the guy down to only $200 over the original price of the other one!!!!

But it may get sold to someone else before we can get back to him--at least we know they are out there!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/