Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 3 of 3   [ 46 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Cardinal Cupich Contradiction
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:54 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 4th KofC
Stargazer wrote:
Vern Humphrey wrote:
Stargazer wrote:
gherkin wrote:
Didn't we see that priest in a mask? That is Christ in that mask.

I don't recognize Christ in a mask. Cowards wear masks so they may not be identified.

A mask is not priestly vesture.

Priests have said and done some pretty non Catholics things from the altar which they will answer for and Im afraid this is one of those things.

Look up Superbowl Mass or Clown Mass. Novus Ordo inovation at its finest.

I dont recognize Christ in a clown suit or a Seahawks Jersey.

The two things are not comparable -- a protective mask or other item of PPE is not the same as wearing a clown suit or a Seahawks Jersey. The PPE is worn for valid medical reasons, to protect the congregation. Clown suits and football jerseys were worn to mock the Mass.

Its still a mockery. When human reason supplants faith we arrive back at the same location.

Look at what human reason has done; the priest next puts on rubber gloves to distribute communion, what is done with the rubber gloves? He has now declared the Body of Christ unclean, and himself in Persona Christi unclean, by human reason. Ive seen priests drop Communion in a zip lock bag to be carried home to those who cannnot attend Mass, human reason. It goes on and on and on...
Dont kiss the wood of the cross it may kill you, human reason. Dont bless yourself with Holy Water it may kill you, human reason. Is hand sanitizer more powerful than Holy Water? I know what your human reason will say. Every sermon your whole life about faith, then the first bump in the road and we abandon faith and take on human reason. Confession cancelled, human reason. Churches closed, human reason. What happened to the healing properties of faith, the Palatines pray after communion" Jesus in the Eucharist my physician and medicine."

How's the water down there off the deep end? :nooo:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:17 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

I sleep well.

Would you like to present an apologetic argument for human reason? or just post silly little faces.

Do you even have an argument that can be supported by our faith?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:48 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
Again: Post a passage from a sacramental theology text that shows that the breath is necessary. A random CCC passage than you think implies it does not count. The requirements for validity have been argued about over the centuries, and to the absolute best of my knowledge, your theory has never even been proposed.

So: Post a relevant passage explicitly stating that breath is necessary for validity, or give it up.

Need something to read?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:19 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Again: Post a passage from a sacramental theology text that shows that the breath is necessary. A random CCC passage than you think implies it does not count. The requirements for validity have been argued about over the centuries, and to the absolute best of my knowledge, your theory has never even been proposed.

So: Post a relevant passage explicitly stating that breath is necessary for validity, or give it up.

Psalm32(33); 6, 9
"By the word of the Lord the heavens were made; by the breath of His mouth all their host (sun, moon, and stars). ...for He spoke and it was made."

Psalm 33(34); 9
"Taste and see how good the Lord is..."

The first verse tells us that it is by God's breath that He creates, and in the following
chapter the same verse, 9, are the above words prefiguring the Eucharist. Its even sung as a Communion anthem.

I've known about this connection for a while, I think it is amazing, do you think that random?

The Catechism is not random either, Article 8, "I believe in the Holy Spirit"
Roman numeral I, The Joint Mission of the Son and the Spirit, Para 689
"The One whom the Father has sent..."
"When the Father sends His Word He always sends His breath."
This is not random, this is central to our understanding of the relationship between the Son and the Holy Spirit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:35 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:

Since you can't (apparently) post a relevant passage, you're giving up.

Need something to read?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:42 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:

Since you can't (apparently) post a relevant passage, you're giving up.

While I am stepping back to reformulate an approach...here's a priest who has innovated into the Mass the importance of breathing, and so as to not further confound the confounded, this is tongue in cheek, humor, so don't freak out, and I do not support SSPX, but Taylor Marshall does get some things right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX6aZ2r0yq4

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 3 of 3   [ 46 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3