Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 12 of 16   [ 312 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Normandt's Bible meditations
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:24 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Religion: Catholic
401. Graces

Paul discovers the graces, since he lives united with God:
There are different kinds of spiritual gifts but the same Spirit; there are different forms of service but the same Lord; there are different workings but the same God who produces all of them in everyone. 1 Corinthians, chapter 12, verses 4 to 6

Gifts, services and activities are graces when they are intimately related to God and practised according to his will. The graces are revealed by the good, the beautiful, the real and true in the world. The sharing, health care workers, those who pray, and everything that can help a person is related to the graces and gifts that God gives us.

Assistance to people in poverty, attention to persecuted people, to those who don’t live their lives naturally and get bogged down in drugs or lies, among others, that conflict against the deep nature of people, paying them attention is a means of encouraging them and leading them to the graces they receive, but of which, too often, they no longer believe in, since they see them less or lacking in their surroundings.

Book: Joy in heaven!
Normand Thomas

Thank you Lord for Loving me
and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:06 am 
Citizen
Citizen

402. Grace for all

Paul tells us:
The grace of God has appeared, saving all and training us to reject godless ways and worldly desires and to live temperately, justly, and devoutly in this age, as we await the blessed hope, the appearance of the glory of the great God and of our saviour Jesus Christ. Titus, chapter 2, verses 11 to 13

The grace of God is for all people. Grace is present, it is active, it makes us holy. It teaches us to reject sin and the passions of this world. Being passionate is good in itself. But Paul places certain passions as evil.

What are the passions and sins today that lead to evil? Indifference, rejection, judgment, gluttony, disordered passions, hatred, and so on, what in our life prevents us from fully receiving the grace of God? Let’s refuse sin. By asking God to help us free ourselves from everything that hinders our life to be free, we’ll discover or rediscover more and more the beauty and power of God’s grace.

By doing our part to allow the grace of God to pass through our lives, we offer ourselves the chance to advance in faith and to live in an intimate and deep relationship with him.

Normand Thomas

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:07 am 
Citizen
Citizen

402. Grace for all

Paul tells us:
The grace of God has appeared, saving all and training us to reject godless ways and worldly desires and to live temperately, justly, and devoutly in this age, as we await the blessed hope, the appearance of the glory of the great God and of our saviour Jesus Christ. Titus, chapter 2, verses 11 to 13

The grace of God is for all people. Grace is present, it is active, it makes us holy. It teaches us to reject sin and the passions of this world. Being passionate is good in itself. But Paul places certain passions as evil.

What are the passions and sins today that lead to evil? Indifference, rejection, judgment, gluttony, disordered passions, hatred, and so on, what in our life prevents us from fully receiving the grace of God? Let’s refuse sin. By asking God to help us free ourselves from everything that hinders our life to be free, we’ll discover or rediscover more and more the beauty and power of God’s grace.

By doing our part to allow the grace of God to pass through our lives, we offer ourselves the chance to advance in faith and to live in an intimate and deep relationship with him.

Normand Thomas

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:07 am 
Citizen
Citizen

404. The testimony of God

John tells us:
“If we accept human testimony, the testimony of God is surely greater. Now the testimony of God is this, that he has testified on behalf of his Son.” 1 John, chapter 5, verse 9

The testimonies are multiple. When a team wins in hockey, we value, in the newspapers, the effort and commitment of the players. When there is a traffic accident, the witnesses say what they saw.

When people go on a visit to a natural environment that is breathtaking, they are in front of something different. Nature raises our spirit, it isn’t invented by humans. Nature is there, simply, with its beauties, its colours, its diversity of species.

Another adventure, another testimony comes to disrupt the course of history. That of the Creator to Moses, who calls himself “I am”, God. Then the evangelists and many other people testified about Jesus and this continues today. Each person’s testimony will reveal one aspect or another of what they have seen and heard. Our testimony of faith reminds us that God is always there, present with us and continues to Love us.

Normand Thomas

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:48 am 
Citizen
Citizen

405. They are One

There is also God’s testimony to his Son. The Father recognizes himself in his Son. They are One. Now, what the Father says of the Son is the summit as testimony. John confirms it:
“This is the testimony: God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

Whoever possesses the Son has life; whoever does not possess the Son of God does not have life.” 1 John, chapter 5, verses 11 to 12

The Son is one with us, taking flesh of the Virgin Mary. He pays homage to our human nature, since humanity is his jewel. He wants to bring us back to him.

It’s a privilege for humanity to receive Jesus, but sometimes, because of sin, people don’t do justice to God. Jesus has come to bring us back to the purity of God.

Normand Thomas

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:06 am 
Citizen
Citizen

406. John’s testimony

John shares his testimony:
“I write these things to you so that you may know that you have eternal life, you who believe in the name of the Son of God.” 1 John, chapter 5, verse 13

Our testimony helps deepen our faith in Jesus. The purpose of our life is to place our faith in him. This testimony in Jesus is valid for the world. This is the testimony of testimonies. Nothing surpasses this one.

God also receives our testimony to him. It’s our way of paying tribute to what we receive. We ask Jesus to purify us more so that our testimony will become through prayer, mass and fasting, the one that Jesus wants to hear.

May our testimony to communion with the Word and the Eucharist reflect our desire to make Jesus known, as the Father testifies:
“This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.” Matthew, chapter 3, verse 17

Then Jesus bears testimony to the Father and his Spirit by sending it to us:
I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you always, the Spirit of truth, which the world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it. But you know it, because it remains with you, and will be in you. John, chapter 14, verses 16 to 17

Let’s communicate with the Holy Spirit, let’s keep him with us. We will see the wonders that the Trinity will realize in our heart and in the world.

Normand Thomas

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:13 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Having trouble with my eyes trying to sort out comment from scripture, could you please highlight the scripture? Sometimes there are quotes sometimes not. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:41 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Hey, wait a min is this Norman Mattoon Thomas the Presbyterian Communist?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:14 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Hi Stargazer

Please, I am Catholic.

And I do hilight the quotes. There's also the Bible references.

The Bible texts are from the Vatican.va site. I've placed the url under here:

https://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/_INDEX.HTM

God bless

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Last edited by Normandt on Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:15 am 
Citizen
Citizen

407. Joy

Many people live the poverty of not being in joy. God tells us:
“There shall always be rejoicing and happiness in what I create; for I create Jerusalem to be a joy and its people to be a delight; I will rejoice in Jerusalem and exult in my people.” Isaiah, chapter 65, verses 18 to 19

God creates every second, He creates us right now. We’re in the constant creation of God. Let’s repeat what God says: “Rejoice, exult without end for what I create.”

He creates. He offers us to be in joy, to live with his joy, here and now. We have every reason to rejoice when we think of God, when we do our best to work in his vineyard, when we place our trust and life in him.

Let’s exult, because God is present with us, God feeds us and showered us with truth and graces.

The authentic journey is to place our faith in Jesus. We can already be in God’s joy and exult to know that Jesus is life and he invites us to live eternally with the Trinity.

Every day we have reasons to rejoice to know that God is with us, if we place our life and the lives of our family, friends and everyone we meet in his hands.

Normand Thomas

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:53 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Normandt wrote:
Hi Stargazer

Please, I am Catholic.

And I do hilight the quotes. There's also the Bible references.

The Bible texts are from the Vatican.va site. I've placed the url under here:

https://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/_INDEX.HTM

God bless

Thanks Norman, I wasn't sure If you were the author or were posting someone elses work or just what was going on here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:31 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Yes I am the author, I'm the publisher and my books are on Amazon.
My videos are on youtube.

God bless, Stargazer

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:00 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Oh nice Ill check it all out. I wanna write a book.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:14 am 
Citizen
Citizen

My way of writing, and it went so well
is that I asked God qhat he wants to tell the people through my homilies.
Then I wrote only one hour per day.

In a year that makes 365 hours / 400 pages. Haha, lot's to read

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:16 am 
Citizen
Citizen

408. We see God

As Jesus said in the Beatitudes:
“Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.” Matthew, chapter 5, verse 8

It’s important to see God one day, if not in our time, in eternity. To see him, let’s let God turn our heart into a pure heart.

To see God, let’s welcome his Love into our life and accept to joyfully share our experience of faith. The more we share the Love received from God, the more it grows in us. The more the flower receives sun, water and nutrients from the soil, the more it will grow and offer the beauty it receives from God, for the eyes of passers-by.

Let’s not be afraid to be so much in Jesus that he will show himself to us. And for people who have never seen Jesus, it’s not a lack, it’s only because Jesus is so close to their heart that he doesn’t seem to be perceptible to their senses.

Normand Thomas

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:56 am 
Citizen
Citizen

I write as I am guided as well, I use;

1. the daily readings
2. The day in history
3. The Feast day
3. Current world events (What happened in the Church and world that day)
4. The writings and events in the lives of the Saints that apply
5. Types and prefiguring themes that connect the Millenia!
6. Sometimes even in Greek Mythology (pre figures)
7. The art work, the Iconography, the depictions of mythology in the Greek art
8. The Stars (NOT ASTROLOGY) which is an ape of Satan

Now things will really explode! Every day you will say you are not going to believe what I found Today!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:43 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

O

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:55 am 
Citizen
Citizen

That's it!

And for me, I'm blessed to do the research on the Love of God only.
We've never really done a research on the Love of God.
It's a true blessing.
God bless.

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:58 am 
Citizen
Citizen

409. Intense joy

Seeing God doesn’t necessarily mean seeing him with our eyes. We can see him with the eyes of the heart, in the good deeds of people, in us and in all that is realized of good, beautiful and true in the world. The pure heart is to become like a child, to shed oneself of what isn’t necessary, of what keeps us captive.

To see Jesus is to see Love and to see Love is to see the Trinity. Humanly, with our eyes we do not see Love. But the Love we receive from God is what motivates us during life. We all seek love when the Love of God is offered for free. As soon as we feel the true, pure, real love, we actually receive the Love that comes from God, which comes from Jesus.

Then, there was a multitude of people who had the privilege of knowing Jesus, who had the deep and intense joy of entering into a deep relationship with him.

We may have had this chance to feel Jesus’s presence in our heart, to discover his person in our lives and to understand that he is the Master and Lord, then to grasp that his only judgment is his Love, that he Loves us with a total and definitive Love.

Paul gives us the purpose of faith. In Christ Jesus:
“You are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens with the holy ones and members of the household of God.” Ephesians, chapter 2, verse 19

Do we believe it? In Jesus, we become saints, people of his family? Let’s share what we lived with the Trinity. It’s a good time to testify.

Normand Thomas

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:45 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

OOps sorry didnt mean to leave u with an O I was trying to edit my post it just went sideways.
Have you read my thread on St Bernard of Clairvaux, this will give you an idea of my approach. I would value your commentary on the subject. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 12 of 16   [ 312 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next