Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: NFL teams will forfeit points if virus positive
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:08 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Roman Catholic
Church Affiliations: SSVdP
The NFL, which has already taken steps to strongly encourage its players to get vaccinated against Covid-19, is ramping up the pressure at the team level.

The league has sent a memo to its 32 clubs that if games are forced to be postponed due to a positive Covid test, they will go down as forfeits if they can’t be rescheduled. That will not only hit teams’ win-loss record, but also wipe out a paycheck and deny the home team’s ability to derive revenue from hosting the game.

NFL Network reporter Tom Pelissero obtained the memo and tweeted it in full. He said the league was going to convene a call with team owners this evening.

https://deadline.com/2021/07/nfl-covid- ... 234798379/

Post subject: Re: NFL teams will forfeit points if virus positive
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:41 pm 

Religion: Catholic
I was an avid NFL fan until last season, when the NFL apologized for defending the honor of the National Anthem and the American flag. The NFL chose to side with Black Lives Matter, a violent Marxist group posing as a movement to achieve racial equality. The NFL also chose to promote the false narrative that our police forces, and America as a whole, are systemically racist.

This year the NFL has declared itself gay.

I used to watch the NFL games to avoid politics, but that is impossible now. Now, the NFL is a propaganda arm for the godless Marxists who are trying to destroy this country and change it into a communist utopia.

There was a time when the thought of Communism coming to America was laughable. That time has passed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:43 am 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
Just as an FYI, "forfeit points" is not the correct idiom. "Forfeit games" is correct.

Need something to read?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:20 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Location: As I understand it.....in God's will. This is the best place to be.
Religion: Orthodox (In Communion With Rome)
Church Affiliations: Past Grand Knight KoC 15107
The hierarchy of the NFL have lost their bloomin' minds.

Apparently they haven't a clue about the massive lies regarding this virus, as well as the fact that the vaccine doesn't do a thing to protect you from catching the 'Rona Virus. We are seeing constant reports of vaccinated people who catch the virus weeks later.

Complete morons ruining a great sport.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:38 pm 
Master
Master

I also skipped the2020 season because of the nfl’s stance in support of BLM and other prog agendas. That one season off was sufficient for me to simply lose interest.

I just don’t even miss watching the nfl. Due to that, my son isn’t getting that early interest instilled in him.

Hearing nfl being so vocal about being pro lgbt only solidifies my decision to no longer follow it

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:45 am 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
Light of the East wrote:

Apparently they haven't a clue about the massive lies regarding this virus, as well as the fact that the vaccine doesn't do a thing to protect you from catching the 'Rona Virus. We are seeing constant reports of vaccinated people who catch the virus weeks later.

If the vaccine doesn't do anything to prevent infection, then why are more than 90% of new cases among unvaccinated people? And why did mass vaccination efforts result inna 95% drop in new cases within only 3 months? We went from an average of over 200000 new cases per day on January 1 to under 10000 new cases a day on April 1, as the percentage of vaccinated people rose from under 1% to over 26%.

Are you really going to claim that those two statistics are both amazing coincidences?

And not only that, but the demographics that are the most vaccinated have seen the steepest drop. Close to 75% of adults over 18 are fully vaccinated, and adults over 65 are nearly 90% vaccinated, and these two demographics are the ones that have seen the steepest decline in new cases, almost all new cases now are people under 25 who have not been vaccinated. How do you explain this? Now, the so called 'delta variant' is a significantly weaker known strain of the virus, so the young people now contracting it probably don't need to be vaccinated anyway because they are the demographic least at risk. They are probably better off just getting the mild cold symptoms of the delta variant and gaining natural immunity. But that is different from saying the vaccine doesn't work.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:37 am 
Prodigal Son of Thunder
Prodigal Son of Thunder

Religion: Dunedain Catholic
Church Affiliations: AWC, CSB, UIGSE-FSE (FNE)
Light of the East wrote:

Well yes, typically having anitbodies against a virus doesn't prevent you from catching the virus - it prevents you from developing symptoms to a greater or lesser degree. And the vaccine has been doing an excellent job of that.

"Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the King." (1 Peter 2:17)
Federation of North-American Explorers - North Star Group - How You Can Help

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:42 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
Light of the East wrote:

frank reich, is that you? so there has to be some kind of consideration for those who contract the virus but did their country duty and got vaccinated, right?

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:46 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Just as an FYI, "forfeit points" is not the correct idiom. "Forfeit games" is correct.

i was certainly confused by the title :fyi: 8-)

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:22 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Location: As I understand it.....in God's will. This is the best place to be.
Religion: Orthodox (In Communion With Rome)
Church Affiliations: Past Grand Knight KoC 15107
Doom wrote:

If the vaccine doesn't do anything to prevent infection, then why are more than 90% of new cases among unvaccinated people? And why did mass vaccination efforts result inna 95% drop in new cases within only 3 months? We went from an average of over 200000 new cases per day on January 1 to under 10000 new cases a day on April 1, as the percentage of vaccinated people rose from under 1% to over 26%.

Are you really going to claim that those two statistics are both amazing coincidences?

And not only that, but the demographics that are the most vaccinated have seen the steepest drop. Close to 75% of adults over 18 are fully vaccinated, and adults over 65 are nearly 90% vaccinated, and these two demographics are the ones that have seen the steepest decline in new cases, almost all new cases now are people under 25 who have not been vaccinated. How do you explain this? Now, the so called 'delta variant' is a significantly weaker known strain of the virus, so the young people now contracting it probably don't need to be vaccinated anyway because they are the demographic least at risk. They are probably better off just getting the mild cold symptoms of the delta variant and gaining natural immunity. But that is different from saying the vaccine doesn't work.

Coincidences? No, LIES are more like it. Honestly, after a year of seeing the media and our government LIE THROUGH THEIR TEETH about this virus, along with their complicit silence regarding the true cures for the disease, that you would believe anything that they say is breathtaking. Our government could tell me the sky is blue and I wouldn't believe a word of it, that's how cynical I have become about these pestilent liars.

Here's a bit of truth for you from the inventor of the vaccine:

https://teamtuckercarlson.com/news/this ... countries/

Our people are not afraid to answer questions, unlike the lying media:

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/arti ... 151104&p5=

You want more? I have over 200 pieces saved to my computer that show what an ABSOLUTE FRAUD this whole thing is. It's about making money. Big Pharma is raking in billions of dollars of profits. They own the congress. Joe Biden is a clown who couldn't think his way out of a brown paper bag if you left the top open. He is doing what he is told to do by his handlers.

This whole thing sickens me. I feel like the Jews in Nazi Germany must have felt as they watched in horror the lies and deceit of Schikelgrubber and realized that the whole country was mesmerized to the point of not thinking.

BTW -- just in reference to the OP and the subject at hand, I got an email from the NFL touting the coming season and inviting me to participate by buying their junk.

I told them to go pound sand.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:43 am 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
Ed, I'll be honest, you still haven't dropped the fundamentalist mindset, you're just applying it to other things.

You are never less attractive than when you go on one of your' I am the only person who knows the real truth, everyone else is.deceived or part of a conspiracy against me' mode.
You need to learn to move past that mentality or you'll never stop being a fundamentalist

I ask in all seriousness whether you really think this style of argument persuades anyone. Is it intended to persuade Mr, or is it only intended to PWN me?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:49 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Church Affiliations: 4th KofC
Doom wrote:
Ed, I'll be honest, you still haven't dropped the fundamentalist mindset, you're just applying it to other things.

You are never less attractive than when you go on one of your' I am the only person who knows the real truth, everyone else is.deceived or part of a conspiracy against me' mode.
You need to learn to move past that mentality or you'll never stop being a fundamentalist

I ask in all seriousness whether you really think this style of argument persuades anyone. Is it intended to persuade Mr, or is it only intended to PWN me?

He's right, you know. That know-it-all attitude is a real turn off. In fact, it puts you in the same boat with the people who want to censor other points of view and let us see only what they want us to see.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:46 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Minnesota Vikings owner and President Mark Wilf expressed concern over the team’s COVID-19 vaccination numbers and coronavirus situation.

The concern comes as a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press the team has the lowest vaccination rate in the NFL.

“We’re very concerned,” Wilf said Tuesday. “I think it’s safe to say that our No. 1 priority is the health and safety of our players, our coaches, our staff and, ultimately, the entire community.”

The person said only 64.5 percent of the team is fully vaccinated with 70 percent receiving one shot of the vaccine.

The Vikings’ assistant coach left the team after refusing to get the coronavirus vaccine in July.

Team quarterback Kirk Cousins was put on the coronavirus reserve list for five days along with two of his backups and a wide receiver after he was exposed to someone with the virus. Cousins is thought to be unvaccinated since vaccinated individuals don’t have to sit out for five days.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:54 am 
There Can Be Only One

The whole issue of being vaccinated as a condition of employment should be left in the realm of labor law. It has, however, been moved into the arena of governmental coercion.

So, in our case, if an NFL player's contract states that he/she/xhe can be required to be vaccinated in order to be paid, then the issue seems clear. If the conditions of employment are changed -- requiring a player to be vaccinated when no contractual requirement exist to do so -- then I'd see a great opportunity to renegotiate a contract.

HST, I don't watch the NFL anymore. My little protest against a much bigger protest. I really, really don't watch women's soccer ... and revel in not watching the USWNT. I do watch the USMNT and MLS and the EPL (where kneeling is sometimes done in a different context).

Benedicamus Domino!
~Hilaire Belloc

Semper Fi!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:39 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Tensions are running high in the NFL over COVID-19 vaccinations, with a vocal minority of players and coaches criticizing rules mandated by the league that is intended to raise the vaccination rate of team players and staff.

The NFL actually has a high vaccination rate, according to statistics released by the league.

It said last week that nearly 90 percent of players had received at least one vaccine dose and that 19 teams had more than 90 percent of their players vaccinated.

Those figures are higher than the rates for the nation at large, which is struggling with the ramped-up delta variant — a highly contagious form of the virus that has led to increased cases, hospitalizations and deaths.

Yet the number of unvaccinated players is complicating plans for various teams, and stoking irritations between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated.

Delta’s prominence comes at a dangerous time for the NFL, which is preparing to open the regular season in September. Teams had to reduce attendance for last season, but they are planning to open with full stadiums in the fall for a new 17-game season.

The vaccines provide protection from the delta variant, and taking a vaccine makes one much less likely to get seriously ill, be hospitalized or die from the delta variant.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/5 ... cine-rules