Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Tell me...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:24 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic
where are all the posts? Someone is not taking this board seriously.

Post subject: Re: Tell me...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:29 am 
Adept
Adept

Activity does seem to have declined as compared to a few years ago.

I do note that it seems that many members here: either don’t post much but lurk, left altogether or have gone onto their eternal reward.

I don’t know many other places on the interwebs where normal, faithful and mostly orthodox Catholics gather. The other places I have found generally fall into two camps - trads who generally think they are better than other Catholics or cafeteria Catholics where most anything seems to be ok…..although I do generally like Fr. Z’s blog (traditional Latin-mass promoting) not perfect, but pretty darn good.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:38 am 
Criminally Insane Cucumber

Religion: The True One
Church Affiliations: OblSB
I am still here. :fyi:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:51 am 
Some Poor Bibliophile

This may explain a lot.

And the sea rises higher."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:24 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Church Affiliations: Third Order Lay Carmelite
vincenzo wrote:

I am glad you said that! I have been wanting to bring up a subject that no one has brought up unless I missed it. I also felt too cowardly to do so....afraid of being thought of as some kind of a weirdo.

Is anyone on this board of the mind that Our Merciful Lord is allowing things to begin to happen in this world in order to wake up believers to go deeper into their faith?.... And that things will get worse and we should stay close to the Lord and fear not?

Does anyone here feel that certain "private revelations" that have not been condemned is trying to tell us something and warn us about things?

Has anyone here read about "The Warning" that has been discussed in many private revelations in the past several hundred years? There are many Youtubes that, in my opinion, have credible believers who are discussing "The Warning".

I look forward to the input of others.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:14 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

gherkin wrote:

Cucumbers are loyal. Good job.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:27 am 
Jr. Wazzooship-Winning Moderator
Jr. Wazzooship-Winning Moderator

Religion: Finally Catholic!
Church Affiliations: Legion of Mary, SVdP
TBH, since the "Great Ave Maria Radio Website Shift" of 2020, the site has been much more difficult to negotiate, especially on a smartphone or tablet. Not getting email notifications only makes things worse. Where I used to keep DCF on a tab almost all day long, now I might go 2-3 days without logging on, and even longer without posting. It's really sad, but I don't see things improving unless the site becomes a lot more user-friendly. :cry:

Commit to the Image

formerly "ghall512"--Thanks for the idea, arkcatholic! :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:37 pm 
Adept
Adept

Dorothy B. wrote:
vincenzo wrote:

I am glad you said that! I have been wanting to bring up a subject that no one has brought up unless I missed it. I also felt too cowardly to do so....afraid of being thought of as some kind of a weirdo.

Is anyone on this board of the mind that Our Merciful Lord is allowing things to begin to happen in this world in order to wake up believers to go deeper into their faith?.... And that things will get worse and we should stay close to the Lord and fear not?

Does anyone here feel that certain "private revelations" that have not been condemned is trying to tell us something and warn us about things?

Has anyone here read about "The Warning" that has been discussed in many private revelations in the past several hundred years? There are many Youtubes that, in my opinion, have credible believers who are discussing "The Warning" either.

I look forward to the input of others.

While I do believe God is allowing things to happen now to wake us up, I'm not familiar with any new private revelations from legitimate sources....feel free to share though! I would love to read and see what others are saying.

I was once fully committed to a future "Warning"/"Illumination of Conscience". After lots of research it now appears that this is a made up thing from no reliable source. Jimmy Akin does a great summation of the subject (and gives it a fair hearing) - http://jimmyakin.com/2020/10/the-warning-the-illumination-of-conscience-catholic-prophecy-jimmy-akins-mysterious-world.html

Another book that might help is "Trial, Tribulation & Triumph - Before, During and after Antichrist" by Birch. It is a very through analysis of prophecies, private revelation and approved apparitions that concern all things "end times". I don't recall reading in it anything about The Warning.

https://www.amazon.com/Trial-Tribulation-Triumph-Before-Antichrist/dp/1882972732/ref=sr_1_1?crid=WVID3QBXP5CM&dchild=1&keywords=trial%2C+tribulation+%26+triumph+before%2C+during%2C+and+after+antichrist&qid=1623692237&sprefix=trial%2C+tribulation%2Caps%2C154&sr=8-1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:50 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Location: As I understand it.....in God's will. This is the best place to be.
Religion: Orthodox (In Communion With Rome)
Church Affiliations: Past Grand Knight KoC 15107
Mrs. Timmy wrote:
TBH, since the "Great Ave Maria Radio Website Shift" of 2020, the site has been much more difficult to negotiate, especially on a smartphone or tablet. Not getting email notifications only makes things worse. Where I used to keep DCF on a tab almost all day long, now I might go 2-3 days without logging on, and even longer without posting. It's really sad, but I don't see things improving unless the site becomes a lot more user-friendly. :cry:

You beat me to it. Yeah, the site is still a rolling mess. People don't like complicated.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:37 pm 

Long periods where the board seems no longer to exist probably doesn't help much with attendance, either. :(

I don't find the board difficult to navigate, though. Of course, I don't use a phone, so I dunno what it's like for you techie people.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:37 pm 

GKC wrote:
This may explain a lot.

:soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:38 pm 

vincenzo wrote:
gherkin wrote:

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:28 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Church Affiliations: Third Order Lay Carmelite
Peetem wrote:
Activity does seem to have declined as compared to a few years ago.

I do note that it seems that many members here: either don’t post much but lurk, left altogether or have gone onto their eternal reward.

I don’t know many other places on the interwebs where normal, faithful and mostly orthodox Catholics gather. The other places I have found generally fall into two camps - trads who generally think they are better than other Catholics or cafeteria Catholics where most anything seems to be ok…..although I do generally like Fr. Z’s blog (traditional Latin-mass promoting) not perfect, but pretty darn good.

Hi Peetem,

The most recent post you sent to me in this thread was not formatted correctly and so I couldn't respond to you from it. There was no date on it and no quote function. I want to thank you for the site you sent me and will click on it to learn more. Thank you very much!

Peace, Dorothy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:08 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
vincenzo wrote:
gherkin wrote:

Banned for complimenting gherkin.

Double-banned for not praising quince.

Need something to read?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:08 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

I, too, suspect usability issues. Even on a computer, it's a pain.

Need something to read?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:38 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

At least we still have the book face, though it's not the same. It's kind of like R... L...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:53 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Banned for mentioning r... l....

Need something to read?