Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Should mothers be glorified?
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:25 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic (Syro Malabar)
It's argued by some that this leads to exploitation of women. Them being overburdened.

Thoughts?

-From the introduction to Our Father, "On the feasts of the Lord and other important feasts", Syro Malabar rite

Post subject: Re: Should mothers be glorified?
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 1:01 pm 
Adept
Adept

Religion: Roman Catholic
Church Affiliations: Cursillo & KofC
And holding the door is toxic masculinity.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 3:31 pm 
Jr. Wazzooship-Winning Moderator
Jr. Wazzooship-Winning Moderator

Religion: Finally Catholic!
Church Affiliations: Legion of Mary, SVdP
If there’s one thing that tests my capacity for forgiveness to its limits, it’s what the feminist movement did to respect for women. I wish I could personally b-slap every female who has ever chewed out a well-meaning gentleman who offered his seat or held a door open. :x

Commit to the Image

formerly "ghall512"--Thanks for the idea, arkcatholic! :clap:

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:29 pm 
Adept
Adept

Religion: Catholic
Mrs. Timmy wrote:
If there’s one thing that tests my capacity for forgiveness to its limits, it’s what the feminist movement did to respect for women. I wish I could personally b-slap every female who has ever chewed out a well-meaning gentleman who offered his seat or held a door open. :x

My wonderful oldest daughter has been completely and toxically poisoned by her uber-feminist's professors in college. She left home a practicing Catholic, who still went to mass at school. Got involved in some good causes (stopping sex trafficking) and was led to the sociology profs (all women) who hate all men.

Now she's tatted up with multiple piercings, smoking, and hating men. She's involved in 1,000 things (research and grants) and makes all A's in pre-med, but other than her academics, she's a train wreck.

So, if a line was formed to engage in b-slapping these brain-washing sickos, my wife would be right ahead of you Mrs. Timmy.

Being a gentleman I wouldn't do it....but I would coach my wife on proper technique.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:58 pm 
Criminally Insane Cucumber
Criminally Insane Cucumber

Religion: The True One
Church Affiliations: OblSB
:pray:

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:36 am 
Adept
Adept

Religion: Roman Catholic
Church Affiliations: Cursillo & KofC
Peetem wrote:
Mrs. Timmy wrote:

My wonderful oldest daughter has been completely and toxically poisoned by her uber-feminist's professors in college. She left home a practicing Catholic, who still went to mass at school. Got involved in some good causes (stopping sex trafficking) and was led to the sociology profs (all women) who hate all men.

Now she's tatted up with multiple piercings, smoking, and hating men. She's involved in 1,000 things (research and grants) and makes all A's in pre-med, but other than her academics, she's a train wreck.

So, if a line was formed to engage in b-slapping these brain-washing sickos, my wife would be right ahead of you Mrs. Timmy.

Being a gentleman I wouldn't do it....but I would coach my wife on proper technique.

I am terrified of this. You have my prayers.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:38 am 
Adept
Adept

Servant of Guadalupe wrote:
Peetem wrote:
Mrs. Timmy wrote:

I am terrified of this. You have my prayers.

Thank you.

Definitely not what we expected.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:18 pm 
Master
Master

Dude, it depends how it's done, and why.

Absolutely.