[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(./includes/auth/auth_db.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 554: include_once(): Failed opening './includes/auth/auth_db.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3845)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1042: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3845)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3845)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3845)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3845)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3845)
The Catholic Message Board • View topic - Johnny Mac & Ben Shapiro
Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Johnny Mac & Ben Shapiro
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:32 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Religion: Catholic
You might be interested in the whole show, but at least check out the 26-30 minute mark and let men know your thoughts on what John has to say there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-ofKxfYqGw

Post subject: Re: Johnny Mac & Ben Shapiro
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:03 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Sabbath wrote:
You might be interested in the whole show, but at least check out the 26-30 minute mark and let men know your thoughts on what John has to say there...

I stopped listening after '...countries of the reformation were at the leading edge of civilization' :nooo: .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:27 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Byblos wrote:
Sabbath wrote:

I stopped listening after '...countries of the reformation were at the leading edge of civilization' :nooo: .

That is precisely what I want addressed!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:45 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Religion: Roman Catholic
Sabbath wrote:
Byblos wrote:
Sabbath wrote:

I dont have time to watch it but as to the thought of the reformation so called being on the leading edge of civilization.. ha ha to that

I mean, one has to define progress. I think that Protestants in general believe that Jesus died for us.. nothing more to see here (or something). I mean, they are more inclined to get into their work and etc.. and Catholics generally seem to spend more time in prayer; they have DAILY Mass whereas Protestants do not. So Protestants spent their t ime building this and building that and so it looks like they are doing so well.. but if you leave Jesus in the dust to pursue economic gains, you have a problem. Jesus said few find the narrow way to Heaven.. so there you have it. Progress is not always progress

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:03 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

flyingaway wrote:
Sabbath wrote:
Byblos wrote:
Sabbath wrote:

I dont have time to watch it but as to the thought of the reformation so called being on the leading edge of civilization.. ha ha to that

I mean, one has to define progress. I think that Protestants in general believe that Jesus died for us.. nothing more to see here (or something). I mean, they are more inclined to get into their work and etc.. and Catholics generally seem to spend more time in prayer; they have DAILY Mass whereas Protestants do not. So Protestants spent their t ime building this and building that and so it looks like they are doing so well.. but if you leave Jesus in the dust to pursue economic gains, you have a problem. Jesus said few find the narrow way to Heaven.. so there you have it. Progress is not always progress

:scratch:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:26 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Seriously, this is not a well thought out response, I'm not even sure if any thought was put into it at all. So the Church burdens down the people w/so much religious activity that there is no time for "secular activity?" No time for science, education, work, play...and only those who are praying all day at mass are the ones on the narrow way to Heaven... :?: :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:28 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Wasn't it the Church that founded the college system and built hospitals?