Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 3 of 3   [ 56 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: My biggest hurdle is and always has been... Mary
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:50 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Religion: Catholic
So the internal temptors were not present in Mary's flesh nor Jesus' flesh prior to Their conception. They could not sin for choice of good or evil did not exist in Them. It was not part of Their DNA. Nothing defiled is allowed in heaven, but being sinless allowed Jesus and Mary to bypass death before ascension. Jesus, the first flesh allowed back in heaven took with him those awaiting in the bosom of Abraham, all those whom odeyed the Arc of the Old Covenant laws. The host, Jesus, brought to earth by the Ark of the New Covenant, Mary and the Church and Spirit, allows mankind back to eternal life of the flesh and soul in heaven.

Peace always,
Stephen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:52 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Church Affiliations: 4th KofC
StephenAndrewMaher wrote:
So the internal temptors were not present in Mary's flesh nor Jesus' flesh prior to Their conception. They could not sin for choice of good or evil did not exist in Them. It was not part of Their DNA. Nothing defiled is allowed in heaven, but being sinless allowed Jesus and Mary to bypass death before ascension. Jesus, the first flesh allowed back in heaven took with him those awaiting in the bosom of Abraham, all those whom odeyed the Arc of the Old Covenant laws. The host, Jesus, brought to earth by the Ark of the New Covenant, Mary and the Church and Spirit, allows mankind back to eternal life of the flesh and soul in heaven.

Peace always,
Stephen

What's the basis of this?

Mary was born without sin but could have chosen to sin later in life. She didn't.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:12 am 
Citizen
Citizen

The Host came down from heaven. Brought to earth through the New Ark of the Covenant and is present in the Eucharist. “A complete change occurred in the “substance” of each of the species, while the “accidents,” or outward appearances, remained the same.“ This allows for the transformation from human flesh to divine flesh. The soul becomes reunited.

Peace always;
Stephen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:27 am 
Citizen
Citizen

You are right, Journeyman, Mary never sinned,
And Jesus did not fall to the temptations in the dessert.
What He had to offer was greater than the external temptor, or choice could deliver.

Peace always,
Stephen

Last edited by StephenAndrewMaher on Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:53 pm 
Trophy Dwarf
Trophy Dwarf

Religion: Catholic Convert
Church Affiliations: Dorothy Day Guild

Peace always,
Stephen

So, you are proposing that neither Mary nor Jesus had free will?

How can a person be fully human and lack free will?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:28 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Jesus had fully human flesh with a soul of divine will, free from internal temptors, free from the corruption of choice. The redemptive divine flesh for all mankind will be reunited in heaven with the eternal soul of which Eve is the Human nature mother of us all. Mary became our Heavenly mother at the cross, when Jesus spoke, "Ecce Mater Tua", disciple, behold your mother.

Peace always,
Stephen

Last edited by StephenAndrewMaher on Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:17 am 
Citizen
Citizen

The Bible clearly gives many examples of types showing Mary as the New Eve. After the Fall of man, “Adam named his wife Eve because she was the mother of all living (Gen. 3:20).” If Adam named her Eve because she was the mother of all living after death entered the world through sin, then how much more Mary is the mother of all living after sin was conquered through the victory that she and her son, Jesus Christ, the Son of God brought to everyone who believes?

Eve is Mother of all the living souls, and Mary is the Mother of all the living Flesh.

Peace always,
Stephen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:42 am 
Trophy Dwarf
Trophy Dwarf

Jesus had fully human flesh with a soul of divine will, free from external temptors, free from the corruption of choice. The redemptive divine flesh for all mankind will be reunited in heaven with the eternal soul of which Eve is the Human nature mother of us all. Mary became our Heavenly mother at the cross, when Jesus spoke, "Ecce Mater Tua", disciple, behold your mother.

Peace always,
Stephen

If Jesus was "free from external temptors (sic)", then, how was he tempted by Satan in the desert? Do you claim that Satan was somehow internal?

Yet, you failed to answer my question about free will. It is a simple question, yes or no:

Do you claim that Jesus did not have free will?

Do you claim that Mary did not have free will?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:41 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

kage_ar wrote:
Jesus had fully human flesh with a soul of divine will, free from external temptors, free from the corruption of choice. The redemptive divine flesh for all mankind will be reunited in heaven with the eternal soul of which Eve is the Human nature mother of us all. Mary became our Heavenly mother at the cross, when Jesus spoke, "Ecce Mater Tua", disciple, behold your mother.

Peace always,
Stephen

If Jesus was "free from external temptors (sic)", then, how was he tempted by Satan in the desert? Do you claim that Satan was somehow internal?

I think the correct phrase was "free from temptation." The temptor might try, but could not succeed -- because God cannot be tempted.[/quote]

Yet, you failed to answer my question about free will. It is a simple question, yes or no:

Do you claim that Jesus did not have free will?

Do you claim that Mary did not have free will? [/quote]

They both had free will -- did not Mary voluntarily submit to God's will? "“Let It Be Done to Me According to Your Word”

And Jesus, being God, had God's will.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:06 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Thanks for the question Trophy Dwarf and the response Journeyman. You both have me rethinking.

Peace always.
Stephen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:32 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Found the typo? (wrong word) and made the correction, the word should have been internal instead of external. My apologies. Merci beaucoup.

Jesus had fully human flesh with a soul of divine will, free from internal temptors, free from the corruption of choice. The redemptive divine flesh for all mankind will be reunited in heaven with the eternal soul of which Eve is the Human nature mother of us all. Mary became our Heavenly mother at the cross, when Jesus spoke, "Ecce Mater Tua", disciple, behold your mother.

'Mary did you know that your baby boy is the Lord of all creation?'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noMp8DkyzC4&list=RDnoMp8DkyzC4&start_radio=1

Peace always,
Stephen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:23 am 
Citizen
Citizen

The Host, the Christ was transported to earth as God in the flesh through the new Arc of the Covenant, Mary, the Church and the Spirit. It transforms the human flesh to divine flesh through Its powers, recombining with the soul in Heaven to praise and glorify God forever.

In Matthew 28:20 Christ says, "and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

“My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;
my spirit rejoices in God my savior.
for he has looked upon his lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed:
the Almighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his Name.
He has mercy on those who fear him
in every generation.
He has shown the strength of his arm,
and has scattered the proud in their conceit.
He has cast down the mighty from their thrones
and has lifted up the lowly.
He has filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich he has sent away empty.
He has come to the help of his servant Israel
for he remembered his promise of mercy,
the promise he made to our fathers,
to Abraham and his children for ever.”

"Mary, did you know your baby boy is Lord of all Creation."

Peace always,
Stephen

A beautiful song by The Mavericks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0dWYMVL8Lo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:26 pm 
Trophy Dwarf
Trophy Dwarf

Hebrews chapter 4:

* Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast to our confession.
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who has similarly been tested in every way, yet without sin.
So let us confidently approach the throne of grace to receive mercy and to find grace for timely help."

Christ was tempted in the desert and He was tested/tempted but did not sin. These temptations would mean nothing if Christ did not have free will as part of his humanity.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:45 am 
Citizen
Citizen

I believe the bigger test would have been the Garden of Gethsemane.

"Filled with anguish and deep dread over what He would soon experience, Jesus withdraws with His inner circle, the three disciples closest to Him, and takes refuge in a special place. There, alone on His knees in the dark night beneath the shelter of olive trees, in a place called the Garden of Gethsemane, He cries out to His Father God."

"'Abba, Father,’ He said, ‘everything is possible for You. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what You will’”

"And then, resolutely, with divine will, He does what He needs to do to save all humankind."

Unwavering, the will of God will not allow Him to fail that we may know, that always and forever After "Our hearts have been set in motion
For something more, for something more Than we could ever imagine There's so much more, heaven is real."

A quote from a song by, "The Afters"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAPhvW06cSg

Peace always,
Stephen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:38 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

I believe the bigger test would have been the Garden of Gethsemane.

"Filled with anguish and deep dread over what He would soon experience, Jesus withdraws with His inner circle, the three disciples closest to Him, and takes refuge in a special place. There, alone on His knees in the dark night beneath the shelter of olive trees, in a place called the Garden of Gethsemane, He cries out to His Father God."

"'Abba, Father,’ He said, ‘everything is possible for You. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what You will’”

"And then, resolutely, with divine will, He does what He needs to do to save all humankind."

Unwavering, the will of God will not allow Him to fail that we may know, that always and forever After "Our hearts have been set in motion
For something more, for something more Than we could ever imagine There's so much more, heaven is real."

A quote from a song by, "The Afters"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAPhvW06cSg

Peace always,
Stephen

When saying the Rosary and meditating on the Agony in the Garden, it always strikes me that as God, Jesus had perfect knowledge of what was to happen -- so perfect that while he prayed, it WAS happening to him. And he voluntarily submitted to it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:44 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

True

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 3 of 3   [ 56 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3