Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 4 of 4   [ 69 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Serious concerns about CCC 1800
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:25 pm 
Prodigal Son of Thunder
Prodigal Son of Thunder

Religion: Dunedain Catholic
Church Affiliations: AWC, CSB, UIGSE-FSE (FNE)
chrisg93 wrote:
to paraphrase "there is no exception for murder" is to say no one is ever allowed to commit murder for any reason whatsoever.

Agreed.

Quote:
to paraphrase "those who believe in conscience that they must commit murder, must commit murder or they sin" is to allow murder if she believes it is a good.

No. We do not have to allow someone to commit murder simply because he believes in conscience that he must.

"Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the King." (1 Peter 2:17)
Federation of North-American Explorers - North Star Group - How You Can Help

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:29 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 4th KofC
Usually we talk about "informed conscience." In serious matters, I have a duty to seek the Church's guidance to reform my conscience.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:55 am 

I would advise you to get on your knees to repent for advocating "murder by conscience". It is anti-catholic and anti-Scripture. You have believed a lie and promoted self admittedly promoted a form of murder.

Your appeal to authority is a well known logic error when you realize you have no case.

You have refused to believe the Popes regarding intrinsic evil and you make up you own theology rather than submitting to the Church.

"Murder by conscience" is what you believe and defend.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:36 am 
Some Poor Bibliophile

chrisg93 wrote:
I would advise you to get on your knees to repent for advocating "murder by conscience". It is anti-catholic and anti-Scripture. You have believed a lie and promoted self admittedly promoted a form of murder.

Your appeal to authority is a well known logic error when you realize you have no case.

You have refused to believe the Popes regarding intrinsic evil and you make up you own theology rather than submitting to the Church.

As an interested reader, and nothing else, in this thread, I would inquire of you what is the antecedent to the "you" and "your" in this post? Who are you describing?

Seeking clarity.

And the sea rises higher."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:50 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Church Affiliations: 4th KofC
GKC wrote:
chrisg93 wrote:

As an interested reader, and nothing else, in this thread, I would inquire of you what is the antecedent to the "you" and "your" in this post? Who are you describing?

Seeking clarity.

I'm always awed when I meet someone on the Internet who sits at the right hand of God and has the power to judge the living and the dead.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:29 pm 
Some Poor Bibliophile

Vern Humphrey wrote:
GKC wrote:
chrisg93 wrote:

Seeking clarity.

I'm always awed when I meet someone on the Internet who sits at the right hand of God and has the power to judge the living and the dead.

Over the past 18 years or so, it's been...a revelation.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:01 am 

This was written to Obi-Wan Kenobi because he believes in and defends "murder by conscience" and "abortion by conscience" which is the belief that you MUST murder and abort if you really, really think it is the right thing to do.

This is obviously a lie of the devil as the Popes declare that intrinsic evil can NEVER be committed under any circumstance for any reason whatsoever.

Obi-Wan Kenobi has declared on his posts that he will personally commit murder if he believes in conscience that murder is a good thing. I hope and pray that nobody on this site believes him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:48 am 
Some Poor Bibliophile

chrisg93 wrote:
This was written to Obi-Wan Kenobi because he believes in and defends "murder by conscience" and "abortion by conscience" which is the belief that you MUST murder and abort if you really, really think it is the right thing to do.

This is obviously a lie of the devil as the Popes declare that intrinsic evil can NEVER be committed under any circumstance for any reason whatsoever.

Obi-Wan Kenobi has declared on his posts that he will personally commit murder if he believes in conscience that murder is a good thing. I hope and pray that nobody on this site believes him.

As I have mentioned above, I'm only an interested reader, and this is not my bailiwick. But having read the posts, with interest, I would suggest that this conclusion you state is calumny, derived perhaps, from ignorance/pride, and not supported by the exchanges in this thread. I would draw the attention of those folk here who can post in color, to it, for their consideration. Father has stated that he will not be opening this thread again. Understandable and something others might also want to consider.

Mileage, of course, may vary.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:07 pm 
Board Administrator
Board Administrator

I agree with GKC. You seem to have come here with an ill conceived pre judgement and refuse to consider any facts to the contrary, no matter how thoughtfully and patiently given. We are done with this.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 4 of 4   [ 69 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4