Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Unfathomable mercy
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:01 am 

Religion: Catholic
“Tell My priests that hardened sinners will repent on hearing their words when they speak about My unfathomable mercy, about the compassion I have for them in My Heart. To priests who proclaim and extol My mercy, I will give wondrous power; I will anoint their words and touch the hearts of those to whom they speak” (Diary, 1521).

Here is one of the promises of the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. Listen to the priests, catch their words. Every Sunday the Mass reflects on the fact that Jesus is God and has fulfilled the old laws with the new covenant which is Eternal life, redemption life of the flesh, reunited with the soul in Heaven. Tell your brethren everywhere the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven are given to those, like Peter who realized Jesus is God, and everything he taught on earth. Accept Christs' command when you were at the cross, when Christ said to his mother, "Woman behold your son, and to the disciple, behold your mother." The unnamed disciple was you, he spoke to you by name before you were born. Disciple! Take Mary into your heart, make the church your home. Remind them that believing in the divinity of Jesus and everything that he taught on earth SETS the heart in motion for something more than we can ever imagine. There is so much more. Heaven is real.

Peace always,
Stephen Andrew

Last edited by stephenandrewmaher on Fri May 27, 2022 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Unfathomable mercy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:43 pm 
Adept
Adept

With respect, is there a question in here somewhere?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:34 pm 

I suppose the question would be what would it take to receive eternal life, how can we be certainly sure our sins are forgiven.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:31 pm 
Adept
Adept

stephenandrewmaher wrote:
I suppose the question would be what would it take to receive eternal life, how can we be certainly sure our sins are forgiven.

RE; Receive eternal life

Be baptized. Place Christ as the center of your life. Live the teachings of the Church. Receive the sacraments. Live in a state of grace. Strive to live a life of virtue through grace. Pray.

The usual stuff if you're Catholic. :)

Re: sure our sins are forgiven:

1) At our Baptism - all sins are forgiven:

977 Our Lord tied the forgiveness of sins to faith and Baptism: "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to the whole creation. He who believes and is baptized will be saved." Baptism is the first and chief sacrament of forgiveness of sins because it unites us with Christ, who died for our sins and rose for our justification, so that "we too might walk in newness of life."

2) At confession - for all sins including mortal since - when the priest says, "I absolve you of your sins"

1422 "Those who approach the sacrament of Penance obtain pardon from God's mercy for the offense committed against him, and are, at the same time, reconciled with the Church which they have wounded by their sins and which by charity, by example, and by prayer labors for their conversion."

3) After receiving the Eucharist - for all non mortal sins:

1393 Holy Communion separates us from sin. The body of Christ we receive in Holy Communion is "given up for us," and the blood we drink "shed for the many for the forgiveness of sins." For this reason the Eucharist cannot unite us to Christ without at the same time cleansing us from past sins and preserving us from future sins:

For as often as we eat this bread and drink the cup, we proclaim the death of the Lord. If we proclaim the Lord's death, we proclaim the forgiveness of sins. If, as often as his blood is poured out, it is poured for the forgiveness of sins, I should always receive it, so that it may always forgive my sins. Because I always sin, I should always have a remedy.230
1394 As bodily nourishment restores lost strength, so the Eucharist strengthens our charity, which tends to be weakened in daily life; and this living charity wipes away venial sins.231 By giving himself to us Christ revives our love and enables us to break our disordered attachments to creatures and root ourselves in him:

Since Christ died for us out of love, when we celebrate the memorial of his death at the moment of sacrifice we ask that love may be granted to us by the coming of the Holy Spirit. We humbly pray that in the strength of this love by which Christ willed to die for us, we, by receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit, may be able to consider the world as crucified for us, and to be ourselves as crucified to the world. . . . Having received the gift of love, let us die to sin and live for God.232

4) At anointing -

1520 A particular gift of the Holy Spirit. The first grace of this sacrament is one of strengthening, peace and courage to overcome the difficulties that go with the condition of serious illness or the frailty of old age. This grace is a gift of the Holy Spirit, who renews trust and faith in God and strengthens against the temptations of the evil one, the temptation to discouragement and anguish in the face of death. This assistance from the Lord by the power of his Spirit is meant to lead the sick person to healing of the soul, but also of the body if such is God's will. Furthermore, "if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:01 am 

Thanks,

Peace always,
Stephen Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:20 pm 
Trophy Dwarf
Trophy Dwarf

Religion: Catholic Convert
Church Affiliations: Dorothy Day Guild

We trust that the Church is true, we follow Her teachings.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:50 pm 

“Tell My priests that hardened sinners will repent on hearing their words when they speak about My unfathomable mercy, about the compassion I have for them in My Heart. To priests who proclaim and extol My mercy, I will give wondrous power; I will anoint their words and touch the hearts of those to whom they speak” (Diary, 1521).

That is an awesome promise to internalise. There is definitely a palpable peace when a Priest speaks of Gods mercy in the language of St Faustina.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 4:32 am 

We experience the Word through the words of Mary especially through the Gospel according to John and when we hear the works of Jesus works through the voice of Peter we know that the Word was here before creation. The Word is in the form of the Church, the Spirit and as God and Jesus in the eternal flesh, present before creation was ever created was even created.

Peace always,
STephen

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 1:33 pm 
Master
Master

Here is one of the promises of the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. Listen to the priests, catch their words. Every Sunday the Mass reflects on the fact that Jesus is God and has fulfilled the old laws with the new covenant which is Eternal life, redemption life of the flesh, reunited with the soul in Heaven. Tell your brethren everywhere the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven are given to those, like Peter who realized Jesus is God, and everything he taught on earth. Accept Christs' command when you were at the cross, and Christ said to his mother, "Woman behold your son, and to the disciple, behold your mother." The unnamed disciple was you, he spoke to you by name before you were born. Disciple. Take Mary into your heart, make the church your home. Remind them that believing in the divinity of Jesus and everything that he taught on earth sets the heart in motion for something more than we can ever imagine. There is so much more. Heaven is real.

Peace always,
Stephen Andrew

Not bad. Are you involved with your local parish?

Absolutely.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 5:09 am 

Mary knew. Mary accepted what was offered to her. To become the queen of heaven. Approached by an angel and informed completely as to her task, Her reply, “Behold I am the handmaid of the Lord; be it done to me according to Your will.” And Mary said: My soul doth magnify the Lord. And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior. Because he hath regarded the humility of his handmaid; for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name. And his mercy is from generation unto generations, to them that fear him."
As Christs’ mother Mary new more than any human as to Christs divinity and ultimate plan. She had predictive revelation. She knew her son and his plan as God. She went home with John after the crucifixion. This is where the unknown disciple, John at the time took her home. Proof Jesus was an only child, Jewish custom was to give your mother to your best friend. On the cross he spoke to you by name before you were born, “Disciple, behold your mother.” Carry on disciple, at the time it was John. Now it is our TURN, Take Mary home as John did, listen to her, pray to her and ask for guidance from the Queen of Council. This explains why The Gospel of John is so different than the synoptic Gospels. Mary was there with John and gave council as to Jesus' role in a way that only a mother could know. He had the answers from Mary, the New Arc of the Covenant, the Queen of Martyrs and God Bearer.

Rev "And there were given to the woman two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the desert unto her place, where she is nourished for a time and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent."

Peace always,
StePhen Andrew