Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ]   
 Post subject: Guess it's time I get around to an official intro
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:59 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Religion: Catholic
Hi--Rachel here. Born and raised a non-denominational Protestant in the wonderful Bible Belt, I managed by the grace of God to meet and marry my dh (the 11th of 13 children in his own family)who is a cradle Catholic (not particularly devout at the time, I might add). We've been married ten years plus a few months now, and have three beautiful dds. We only JUST found out (courtesy of my going through the Inquiry process) that our marriage needed to be convalidated (oops--why did none of the Catholics in the family tell us this???). So, now that he is overseas, we are working on the convalidation process (DH is less than a yr from hitting his 20 in the army, although we will likely stay in a couple of years longer), since we couldn't get it done between the time we found out and the time he deployed.

We've been practicing NFP since almost the day we married, and have three beautiful blessings to show for it--all dds...currently ages 5, 3, and almost 15 mos. We're already in the beginning stages of homeschooling, and look forward to continuing that through the years as the children and our family grows.

And, in some wonderful news, this weekend I become a catechumen..WOOHOO! So, if anybody feels like throwing some prayers up tomorrow around, say 1130 EST, it would be really appreciated! :) :D

Otherwise, there's not much else. We are planning on retiring to the "great" state of Mississippi in a couple more years to be closer to my family there, and building a home there is really the focus of our planning at the moment. If we've got any architects here on the board, I'd love to hear from you! Esp if you have any experience with alternative construction...

Sorry I didn't get around to introducing myself sooner...kind of slipped my mind. This board is SUCH a great place to come and discuss the pivotal as well as the trivial...it's nice to be among those who really understand...

Thanks for bothering to read through this ramble.

Rachel (who has apparently been more Catholic than she realized for a very long time)

Post subject: And, btw, I am NOT a liberal...:)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:00 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Sorry, forgot to mention that. Far from it, actually (kind of had to, gorwing up in Newt Gingrich's home district)... ::):

Rachel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:04 pm 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Welcome! :clap:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:10 pm 
Middle Management
Middle Management

Hi Rachel, I look forward to seeing more of your posts. Welcome.

Whence are we to find words enough fully to tell the happiness of that marriage which the Church cements, and the Eucharistic oblation confirms, and the benediction signs and seals; which angels carry back the news of to heaven, which the Father holds as ratified? -Tertullian

Uniformity with the Will of God by St. Alphonsus Liguori

Post subject: Re: Guess it's time I get around to an official intro
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:22 pm 
Apostle of Iraq
Apostle of Iraq

Church Affiliations: 4th degree Knight of Columbus
juststartn wrote:
Hi--Rachel here. Born and raised a non-denominational Protestant in the wonderful Bible Belt, I managed by the grace of God to meet and marry my dh (the 11th of 13 children in his own family)who is a cradle Catholic (not particularly devout at the time, I might add). We've been married ten years plus a few months now, and have three beautiful dds. We only JUST found out (courtesy of my going through the Inquiry process) that our marriage needed to be convalidated (oops--why did none of the Catholics in the family tell us this???). So, now that he is overseas, we are working on the convalidation process (DH is less than a yr from hitting his 20 in the army, although we will likely stay in a couple of years longer), since we couldn't get it done between the time we found out and the time he deployed.

We've been practicing NFP since almost the day we married, and have three beautiful blessings to show for it--all dds...currently ages 5, 3, and almost 15 mos. We're already in the beginning stages of homeschooling, and look forward to continuing that through the years as the children and our family grows.

And, in some wonderful news, this weekend I become a catechumen..WOOHOO! So, if anybody feels like throwing some prayers up tomorrow around, say 1130 EST, it would be really appreciated! :) :D

Otherwise, there's not much else. We are planning on retiring to the "great" state of Mississippi in a couple more years to be closer to my family there, and building a home there is really the focus of our planning at the moment. If we've got any architects here on the board, I'd love to hear from you! Esp if you have any experience with alternative construction...

Sorry I didn't get around to introducing myself sooner...kind of slipped my mind. This board is SUCH a great place to come and discuss the pivotal as well as the trivial...it's nice to be among those who really understand...

Thanks for bothering to read through this ramble.

Rachel (who has apparently been more Catholic than she realized for a very long time)

Welcome to the board, I just went over 20 years in the Army! God bless you and your family!

*NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL* http://www.youtube.com/defendercatholic *NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL*
http://catholicscomehome.org/epic/epic120.html
Ephesians 6:10-17
1 Timothy 3:15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:47 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Thanks, CD. I know you are of the military persuasion, too...it's a hard life, but worth it, that's for sure...

How much longer do you think you will hold out?

Rachel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:56 pm 
Apostle of Iraq
Apostle of Iraq

Church Affiliations: 4th degree Knight of Columbus
juststartn wrote:
Thanks, CD. I know you are of the military persuasion, too...it's a hard life, but worth it, that's for sure...

How much longer do you think you will hold out?

Rachel

I plan to stay in until 2009. I'm in for another 4 years unless I get promoted. Then I will make it 6 more years. I will PCS from New Orleans and go on assignment elsewhere. I have not recieved orders yet.

I could go anywhere!

*NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL* http://www.youtube.com/defendercatholic *NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL*
http://catholicscomehome.org/epic/epic120.html
Ephesians 6:10-17
1 Timothy 3:15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:52 pm 
Deceased

Religion: Roman Catholic
Hi and welcome!

God bless,
Lolly :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:53 pm 
4-H Superstar
4-H Superstar

Formal welcome to Rachel, even though we already know her :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:45 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Hi Rachel! It seems a little redundant to welcome you to the board considering how active you've been for 3 months already, but welcome anyway!! I'm surprised to learn that you are a Catechumen. I really thought you were already Catholic.

"Do not conform yourself to this age but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:18 pm 
Potty Hollerer
Potty Hollerer

Hi Rachel, welcome to the group. I'm a newbie myself, but have really enjoyed the few days that I've been here. I homeschool also, and LOVE the richness that it has brought to the faith-life of our family. Look forward to hearing more from you!

Doom is my hero!

Who died and made the Catholic Church king?....Oh, wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:52 am 
Post Padding Princess
Post Padding Princess

Church Affiliations: Third Order Dominican
Welcome to the board! :thumbsup:

Image For the Holy Souls in Purgatory. Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis. Requiescant in pace. Amen.

Kage_ar rocks :mrgreen:

Need a new website? :-D

(Mrs-Sorbonnetoga! ;) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:50 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Welcome stranger :wink: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:18 am 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
catechumen huh? so you never made the walk down the aisle in response to the "invitation" to accept Jesus....or your baptism was not valid in the eyes of the Church... matters not either way... just wish i could have been baptized in the Catholic Church 8-)

thanks for the intro....even though i already know ya from your participation here

where in mississppi are you heading...my family (mom, sis, and multiple other relatives) are from the mccomb/summit area

De Maria numquam satis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:31 pm 

Welcome! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:24 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Roman Catholic
Welcome to the board.

http://www.latinmass.org

Pray for the Latin Rite liturgy!

Prayers for baby Luukas

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ]