Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 5 of 5   [ 82 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: commit adultery 20 times in 1 day, still go 2 Heaven?!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:36 pm 

Religion: Catholic
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Council of Trent, Session 6, Canon XVI.-If anyone says that he will for certain, with absolute and infallible certainty, have that great gift of perseverance unto the end,-unless he learned this by special revelation; let him be anathema.

Yes, exactly. Why would anybody presume upon the grace of God? God gives grace to whomever He wants, whenever He wants. Nobody can claim they have the right to future grace. And we need future grace to persevere.

There are many protestants who claim all of their future sins are forgiven right now! Imagine that! That's probably the main reason I came back to the Catholic Church.

1 Tim 3:6 (appointing elders) and not a new convert, so that he will not become conceited and fall into the condemnation incurred by the devil.

1 Tim 5:8 But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever

James 5:19-20
19 My brethren, if any among you strays from the truth and one turns him back,
20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

Jude 23 save others, snatching them out of the fire; and on some have mercy with fear, hating even the garment polluted by the flesh.

The anointing of the sick (sins forgiven at that time):
James 5:14  Is anyone among you sick? Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; 15  and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him.

One will be saved if they hold fast: (a condition)

1 Cor 15:1-4
Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2  by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.
3  For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4  and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

Heb 3:6  but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house—whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end.
Heb 3:14 For we have become partakers of Christ, if we hold fast the beginning of our assurance firm until the end,

Gal 6:7-9
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.
8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.
9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.

But I'm preaching to the choir!

Thank you Obi-Wan Kenobi

-BHM

Post subject: Re: commit adultery 20 times in 1 day, still go 2 Heaven?!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:08 am 

Religion: Catholic
Who is just in the eyes of the Lord?

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 5 of 5   [ 82 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5