Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: hard time explaining "luck"of being Catholic
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:27 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Religion: Roman Catholic
I lucked out: I was raised Catholic (although that depends on your definition of such, but in any case, @ least we went to Church on Sunday)

so i always wonder about those people who weren't raised as I was. Of course everyone today is raised Protestant.. even Catholics. I guess I kind of interrupted myself there.

After Vat II, all Churches are at least a little Protestant, but then again, Catholic Churches (most?) are still Catholic, just not as Catholic as before Vat II

well anyway, that being said, I just wonder about those who have been raised to think the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon or some such weird thing, and so they will likely never even consider entering the RCC

and so they are damned.. according to many of the saints and previous popes (no pope after Vat II would say that but I of course like the pre Vat2 ones)

sometimes it is hard to get a particular thoght/question out of one's head so I just thought i would write about this. I know plenty of others have the same thoughts and questions

Post subject: Re: hard time explaining "luck"of being Catholic
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:03 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
Here's a saint quote: "Do not be like the proud who always want to assert their own opinion.... I have known people with whom this had become a daily habit."

St. John Vianney, On Mortifying Self-Will

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:31 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
Please understand that I'm not posting these things because I have ill will towards you. Rather, the sort of behavior you exhibit here is spiritually very dangerous--the exact sort of thing that the often-misunderstood commands against judgment are meant to cover. It is not wrong to form judgements when necessary. It is very wrong and dangerous to do so habitually and readily.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:51 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Here's a saint quote: "Do not be like the proud who always want to assert their own opinion.... I have known people with whom this had become a daily habit."

St. John Vianney, On Mortifying Self-Will

Last edited by flyingaway on Mon May 20, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:54 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

i should stop trying to figure out God

seems like a waste o'time since

as Isaiah put it (God says) "My ways are not your ways; My thoughts are not your thoughts"

we pathetical humans will hve to go by what we already KNOW.. not what we could know.. might know.. may know in the future (but may not.. probably won't..) :)