Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 32 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Discouraged
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:44 am 
Eminent
Eminent

Religion: Католик
Vatican II document, Gaudium et Spes, has stated that “abortion and infanticide are abominable crimes” (paragraph 51).

Abortion and infanticide are abominable crimes. (Gaudium et Spes, 51)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:59 am 
Prodigal Son of Thunder
Prodigal Son of Thunder

Religion: Dunedain Catholic
Church Affiliations: AWC, CSB, UIGSE-FSE (FNE)
Highlander wrote:
Just once, and, arguably, unconstitutionally, during the American Civil War. West Virginia -- the pro-Union counties of Virginia-- in effect, seceeded, from the state of Virginia. There were other divisions at other times, but these were of territories that then, through Constitutional means, became States.

Vermont seceded from the State of New York in 1777 and was admitted to the Union in 1791

Kentucky was formed from the State of Virginia and admitted to the Union in 1792

Maine was formed from the State of Massachusetts and admitted to the Union in 1820

"Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the King." (1 Peter 2:17)
Federation of North-American Explorers - North Star Group - How You Can Help

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:12 pm 
There Can Be Only One

Religion: Catholic
Peregrinator wrote:
Highlander wrote:
Just once, and, arguably, unconstitutionally, during the American Civil War. West Virginia -- the pro-Union counties of Virginia-- in effect, seceded, from the state of Virginia. There were other divisions at other times, but these were of territories that then, through Constitutional means, became States.

Vermont seceded from the State of New York in 1777 and was admitted to the Union in 1791

Kentucky was formed from the State of Virginia and admitted to the Union in 1792

Maine was formed from the State of Massachusetts and admitted to the Union in 1820

There was no US when VT "seceded" from NY. In addition, there was some question whether VT was rightly part of NH or was an independent nation. But, more or less, yes. NY disputed VT statehood, but it was resolved and NY consented.

KY separated from VA, with consent.

ME separated from MA, with consent.

Only WV, under the provisions of Article IV, Section 3 of the Constitution, left another State -- seceded -- without the consent of said State, VA. There were political machinations associated with the secession, based upon what was, in effect, a Virginia government in exile, self-proclaimed, as 'twere..

Benedicamus Domino!
~Hilaire Belloc

Semper Fi!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:36 pm 
Some Poor Bibliophile

Jack3 wrote:
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
I live in Illinois, which is still run by the Chicago machine.

This post taught me that Chicago is in Illinois. :shock: :twisted: :fyi:

I knew that there was a place named Illinois (probably from one of those "amazing facts" books), and I knew that there was a place named Chicago (from a Home Alone movie), but I never knew that Chicago is in Illinois.

:!:

I used to be in Illinois.

And the sea rises higher."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:01 pm 
There Can Be Only One

GKC wrote:
Jack3 wrote:
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:

I knew that there was a place named Illinois (probably from one of those "amazing facts" books), and I knew that there was a place named Chicago (from a Home Alone movie), but I never knew that Chicago is in Illinois.

I wish I was in Dixie.

Hooray?

Benedicamus Domino!
~Hilaire Belloc

Semper Fi!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:15 pm 
Some Poor Bibliophile

Highlander wrote:
GKC wrote:
Jack3 wrote:
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:

I wish I was in Dixie.

Hooray?

Look away.

And the sea rises higher."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:43 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Religion: Roman Catholic
drdeatkine wrote:
I certainly know Christ ultimately is victorious.

But it is so discouraging watching the co-ordinated attacks of the left on decency, most specifically, the NY state legalization of infanticide which occurred last week -- and now VA and I think Rhode Island are rushing to do the same. And what is MOST discouraging is that this legislation is being pushed by supposed "Catholics"; and the very tepid, almost pathetic responses from our Bishops. How long Lord?

DDD

yes, it is depression-inducing. I recall a psg in the Bible (prophecy of the Old T) about how evil overcomes good people for a time.. seems that period of time is very long.. "(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:26 pm 
There Can Be Only One

Just read of a prominent Democrat speciously explain why infanticide actually isn't infanticide. Cause she said so. And oppressed women. And, no it really isn't ... it is a plot by Trump. And dead formerly live infants would never be killed by commission or omission.

And you're the usual ... racist, sexist, and homophobic. Well, she didn't actually said that. But I heard it.

Benedicamus Domino!
~Hilaire Belloc

Semper Fi!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:10 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Highlander wrote:
Peregrinator wrote:
NY is just the tip of the spear though. The proposed VA law (which has been voted down, for now) allowed for mothers to choose to let their babies die once born.

If such laws pass, I can hardly wait to follow the court cases as fathers and grand-parents rush to the judiciary. I will guess now, however, that Child Protective Services will be absolutely silent ... cause there is good abuse as well as bad abuse.

that is a worthless govt agency (OK, mostly worthless). They take children from families who are not egregiously abusive.

If all families who ever were abusive were to be a target of that (often vile) agency, every family in America would lose their children. I am not exaggerating. I have more knowledge about this than probably most Americans.

all human beings are "abusive" at one time or another toward those they claim to love. Yes, if abuse is all there is, children should be removed. But one moment's abuse is not sufficient to tear children away from their parents. Most parents do love their children. They just do not understand that certain things are rather abusive (being overly negative toward a bad report card can be seen as abusive)

But some things are just negative (or whatever) not abuse. Who gets to define the term Abuse? that is the million dollar question. We all know that leaving bruises and scratches is an indication of actual abuse but some people go so far as to say... making a kid go to his room for slapping little brother.. is abuse.. so again, Who gets to define the word Abuse? It shouldn't be a bunch of bureaucrats who have never had children themselves, that is for sure

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:14 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Highlander wrote:
Just read of a prominent Democrat speciously explain why infanticide actually isn't infanticide. Cause she said so. Asion.it.

and we should go by what she said because
she is a woman

men need not have an opinion, much less actually express one

men are irrelevant.

They helped bring the child into existence but they are irrelevant just the same..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:18 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

lbt wrote:
Vatican II document, Gaudium et Spes, has stated that “abortion and infanticide are abominable crimes” (paragraph 51).

we are all discouraged with you.

(Too bad we can't always feel the unity we Christians are suppose to have w/ ea other.. but I guess it is always there? I see a lot of division. Luther did a good job dividing the once-seamless Church

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:02 am 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
You need to read more (or better) Church history.

Need something to read?

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 32 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2