Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 27 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Fr. James Martin - Homosexuality/Ceremonial Laws
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:32 am 
Some Poor Bibliophile

Sabbath wrote:
ForeverFaithful wrote:
Sabbath wrote:
Seems to me we've heard this rhetorical nonsense before...

Oh you mean from Horus

Of chorus! :mrgreen:

:clap:

And the sea rises higher."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:42 pm 

Religion: Catholic
Doom wrote:
Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Fr. Martin's superiors don't appear to be interested in restraining him.

His superiors are other Jesuits, who all agree with him. I think it may be time to suppress the Jesuit order again for a few decades, maybe then they will get the hint.

THIS !

ps, doom, do i know you from the catholic answer forum ?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:51 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Church Affiliations: Third Order Lay Carmelite
Our Lord Jesus Christ tells us to pray for our enemies.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:25 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

I left my last parush because my pastor appeared to be a huge fan of James the Heretic. My pastor conducted a four part seminar on Martin’s book and had copies for sale. These gosh dang priests who want to change church morales and teachings to please every heathen who walked through their parish door make me sick. I used to look so highly upon priests. Such a significant portion of the office has become a disgrace.

How many Catholics are leaving in droves due to the latest atrocities? How many people are fed up? Are the churches going to empty—close down. Is the church losing money to pay for all the settlements and lawsuits due to the criminally perverted priests? How do we call this a church of Jesus Christ when Satan’s work is being done, and the church sits in a complete styled. The Bishops can’t even police themselves in terms of plans of preventing perverted crimes? Aren’t these people closer to Christ than the average Joe? What the hell is one to think of all this? I pray Christ intervenes, cleans house, casts away all the frauds and power mongers who make tha their main priority, and brings the church to a solid, blessed state. I know it might take time, but there has to be a better system with Raymond Burk types. There also seems to be a morally solid group of leadership in Africa. Anyone listen to Cardinal Arinze? He speaks as the church teaches and holds fast to its morales. I believe Cardinal Sarah is solid as well.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:47 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Church Affiliations: Third Order Lay Carmelite
guyy wrote:
I left my last parush because my pastor appeared to be a huge fan of James the Heretic. My pastor conducted a four part seminar on Martin’s book and had copies for sale. These gosh dang priests who want to change church morales and teachings to please every heathen who walked through their parish door make me sick. I used to look so highly upon priests. Such a significant portion of the office has become a disgrace.

How many Catholics are leaving in droves due to the latest atrocities? How many people are fed up? Are the churches going to empty—close down. Is the church losing money to pay for all the settlements and lawsuits due to the criminally perverted priests? How do we call this a church of Jesus Christ when Satan’s work is being done, and the church sits in a complete styled. The Bishops can’t even police themselves in terms of plans of preventing perverted crimes? Aren’t these people closer to Christ than the average Joe? What the hell is one to think of all this? I pray Christ intervenes, cleans house, casts away all the frauds and power mongers who make tha their main priority, and brings the church to a solid, blessed state. I know it might take time, but there has to be a better system with Raymond Burk types. There also seems to be a morally solid group of leadership in Africa. Anyone listen to Cardinal Arinze? He speaks as the church teaches and holds fast to its morales. I believe Cardinal Sarah is solid as well.

"guyy",

I understand the venting in your message, I just wanted to say I felt heartened at your last few sentences where you started saying "I pray Christ intervenes......etc."

That is what we need....prayer and sacrifice by those who stand by the promises of the Lord! Pray for the deceived...pray for our enemies....pray for believers to become stronger in His grace! We were warned in Sacred Scripture and in approved apparitions to Pray! and Pray! and make sacrifices.

Yes, it will take time, but stay the course and the Lord is with us!

In Jesus and Mary,

Dorothy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:52 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Could've swore I heard Al Kresta giving some sort of credence to this priest...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:20 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Arinze? From what I hear, he doesn't sugarcoat anything to please the heretical masses. If the leadership of the church in America thinks the Holy Will of God should change to keep the liberal Catholics with deep pockets happy for financial reasons, then that's just bad business, and it's putting business before God. I'm sure there are a few leaders who will actually say if you don't believe our truths, then get out! Or come back when you learn the truths of our teachings. If it means losing parishioners and closing church doors, then so be it.

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 27 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2