Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I am 36 and never married. I think I may be a life long sing
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:05 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Religion: Christian
Hello friends. I am a single and childfree 36 year old woman. Some people that I have met think my lifestyle is a bit strange but I am happy. I believe that God has a purpose for me as a single woman. I don't see a reason for me to be embarrassed or ashamed of my life. Is anyone else here a life long single?

Post subject: Re: I am 36 and never married. I think I may be a life long
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:47 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic (SSPX)
i'm not, but i should have been.

i'll certainly end up that way.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:14 am 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
I have come to terms with the fact that I will never be married, there was a time I found this fact distressing or depressing or whatnot, but that time has long passed, today, I now find this knowledge liberating. The way I look at it, everyone else's life is about marriage and family, and searching for a mate and whatnot, but my life can be about something else. The story of my life is at most only about half written, and I am the author and I can write whatever I like.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:26 pm 
Defender
Defender

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus 4th Degree
I am 45 and never married, despite years of involvement with Catholic Alumni Club and Catholic Match. I haven't given up hope of getting married, but I suspect it's unlikely I'll ever father my own children. I wouldn't be opposed to marrying a woman who already has children (presuming, of course, she's free to marry in the Church).

For you love all things that are, and hate none of the things which you have made: for you did not appoint, or make anything hating it. Wisdom 11:25

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:48 pm 

Religion: Catholic
Kellygirl12 wrote:
Hello friends. I am a single and childfree 36 year old woman. Some people that I have met think my lifestyle is a bit strange but I am happy. I believe that God has a purpose for me as a single woman. I don't see a reason for me to be embarrassed or ashamed of my life. Is anyone else here a life long single?

I'm 62 and never married. It was always what I wanted, but I seemed to attract the wrong kind of guy.

I didn't reach your outlook until I was 50. I would say that while I'm not happy about how life turned out, I will say that I'm content. There are definite benefits to being single.

A modern day Shunamite woman. (2 Kgs. 4:26)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:07 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Religion: Christian
Thank you friends for letting me know that I am not alone. I meet so many people in their 20s that are getting married that look at me like I have three heads for never marrying. It's too bad they are so judgemental of single people

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:15 pm 
Don't worry, I believe God have a purpose for everyone. Everyone is different. I know I was made by God to be a father and I'm foing my best to do so. Maybe you need more time to find out your purpose. Be strong :-)