Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 67   [ 1337 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gas Prices
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:47 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic
AR

(and our gas is $2.82)

“The next time something bad happens to you through no fault of your own, and you are about to complain to God, ‘I didn’t deserve that,’ look at a crucifix and say those same words to Him: ‘I didn’t deserve that.’ It gives you a sense of perspective.” Dr. Peter Kreeft

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:51 pm 
Corporate Minion Moderator

Religion: Finally Catholic!
Church Affiliations: Legion of Mary, SVdP
TN

Commit to the Image

formerly "ghall512"--Thanks for the idea, arkcatholic! :clap:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:16 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus, SVdP
ON

It is true that all roads to success are under construction. It is easy to say because, in this city, all roads are under construction. The real surprise is that success lies not in the road, but in the destination. If you don't go to heaven, your life is a failure!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:23 pm 
Eminent
Eminent

Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus 4th Degree
Ancient Oracle wrote:
ON

:flag Not adjacent to TN. :nono:

For you love all things that are, and hate none of the things which you have made: for you did not appoint, or make anything hating it. Wisdom 11:25

=============================================================

Profile picture is the Mackinac Bridge in Michigan, taken from the Star Line Ferry on August 31, 2019.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:37 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Banned because it is larger than Texas!

It is true that all roads to success are under construction. It is easy to say because, in this city, all roads are under construction. The real surprise is that success lies not in the road, but in the destination. If you don't go to heaven, your life is a failure!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:42 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
arkcatholic wrote:
AR

(and our gas is $2.82)

:flag not adjacent to al

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:04 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Why would you want to be?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:41 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus
Hijack!

“We are moving toward a dictatorship of relativism which does not recognize anything as definitive and has as its highest value one's own ego and one's own desires... The church needs to withstand the tides of trends and the latest novelties.... We must become mature in this adult faith, we must guide the flock of Christ to this faith.”

“At times, power — including that of knowledge — blocks the path to encountering that child,” the Son of God, the savior of the world -Pope Benedict XVI

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:47 pm 

Filled up tonight. Paid 2.93 at the HEB close to work--usually the cheapest gas anywhere. Drove for 1/2 hour back home, and at the Wal-mart by my parish, the price was $2.87 :brick:

Commit to the Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:11 pm 
Eminent
Eminent

Future Mrs. Timmy wrote:
Filled up tonight. Paid 2.93 at the HEB close to work--usually the cheapest gas anywhere. Drove for 1/2 hour back home, and at the Wal-mart by my parish, the price was $2.87 :brick:

Ever check gasbuddy.com ?

For you love all things that are, and hate none of the things which you have made: for you did not appoint, or make anything hating it. Wisdom 11:25

Profile picture is the Mackinac Bridge in Michigan, taken from the Star Line Ferry on August 31, 2019.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:14 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

i just did... we have 5 places below 2.70 , with 2.64 being the king of the lows

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:32 am 

Speed Racer wrote:
Future Mrs. Timmy wrote:

Ever check gasbuddy.com ?

Yes. But the HEB in Taylor has been 5-10 cents / gallon below everyone else for so long (6 months or more?) that I didn't bother to check. That's what I get for being complacent.

Commit to the Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:30 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Dh uses Gas Buddy all the time as he travels back and forth.
I don't use it because within my route of driving there's not a lot to choose from. :P My BP station did come down to $3.29 yesterday as did Kroger. The rest were still at $3.39.

We must neither doubt nor hesitate with respect to the words of the Lord; rather, we must be fully persuaded that every word of God is true and possible, even if our nature should rebel against the idea-for in this lies the test of faith.
St. Basil the Great

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:35 am 
Eminent
Eminent

SarahGrace wrote:
Dh uses Gas Buddy all the time as he travels back and forth.
I don't use it because within my route of driving there's not a lot to choose from. :P My BP station did come down to $3.29 yesterday as did Kroger. The rest were still at $3.39.

Speaking of Kroger, they are going to build a new gas station near my home. It's at the fork in the road where Collins Ferry Road angles off from University Ave., about a mile from my apartment. The old BP gas station that has been at that intersection pretty much forever (or at least as long as I've lived in Morgantown) has been torn down. Looks like they are going to rebuild everything from the ground up, with new storage tanks and pumps.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:58 am 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

while the prospect of $1.00 off a gallon is enticing through kroger's gas points program, it did not quite cover the $1200 repair bill that came about as a result of using that gas regularly, so while i may get a tank (or less) there infrequently to take advantage of the points, i no longer use that gas as i once did

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:11 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

faithfulservant wrote:
while the prospect of $1.00 off a gallon is enticing through kroger's gas points program, it did not quite cover the $1200 repair bill that came about as a result of using that gas regularly, so while i may get a tank (or less) there infrequently to take advantage of the points, i no longer use that gas as i once did

We don't use Kroger fuel much anymore either. Thankfully when Mazda tested the fuel it didn't show water. It was a very weak fuel but not to the point that they charged me for the repairs. They covered the replacing of the oxygen filter. Now, I'll let the points build up from shopping and then fill our diesel cans or some of our generator gas cans.

We must neither doubt nor hesitate with respect to the words of the Lord; rather, we must be fully persuaded that every word of God is true and possible, even if our nature should rebel against the idea-for in this lies the test of faith.
St. Basil the Great

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:23 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

faithfulservant wrote:

What damage did it do and how was it tied back to the gas? I've used Kroger before to use the points and I've filled up the gas cans at the same time a few times to reach the maximum amount I could purchase in one visit.

“We are moving toward a dictatorship of relativism which does not recognize anything as definitive and has as its highest value one's own ego and one's own desires... The church needs to withstand the tides of trends and the latest novelties.... We must become mature in this adult faith, we must guide the flock of Christ to this faith.”

“At times, power — including that of knowledge — blocks the path to encountering that child,” the Son of God, the savior of the world -Pope Benedict XVI

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:24 pm 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Future Mrs. Timmy wrote:

Meaning that if you bought 15 gallons of gas you just lost the opportunity to save a whopping $.90!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:02 am 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Chris G wrote:
faithfulservant wrote:

What damage did it do and how was it tied back to the gas? I've used Kroger before to use the points and I've filled up the gas cans at the same time a few times to reach the maximum amount I could purchase in one visit.

i can't remember the specifics, but it clogged up some kind of line/filter that the mechanic said could only have been caused by inferior gas

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:12 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

faithfulservant wrote:
Chris G wrote:
faithfulservant wrote:

i can't remember the specifics, but it clogged up some kind of line/filter that the mechanic said could only have been caused by inferior gas

If it was a fuel filter, you got ripped off.

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 67   [ 1337 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next