Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 3 of 3   [ 46 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Doom!!!!!!!!!1 Apple's new phone debacle at unveiling!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:05 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
Doom must have had a fun day at work.

Need something to read?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:43 pm 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
There is nothing less fun than listening to people with iPhone 3GS throwing a temper tantrum because they wont' become eligible for the iPhone 4 until next year...

Oh noes, what a tragedy, you can't have the most recent and up to date version of everything.....you're stuck with the phone which until yesterday you said was the greatest ever made...how horrible....

I want to yell at some of these customers 'it's just a phone, it won't cure cancer, it won't give you eternal life, it won't make your life complete'

Why the OBSESSION bordering on the psychotic with this bloody phone? It makes no sense.

Selfish, childish, spoiled, arrogant, self absorbed...

I make it a point to NEVER buy the 'latest and greatest' of anything, all it does is make you disappointed 3 months later when your 'latest and greatest' gadget is obsolete....I always buy the second or third tier....or lower...because at least then I KNOW that I am not getting 'the greatest' out of the gate..I never feel the need to upgrade just so that I can have 'the best'

Last edited by Doom on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:50 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Church Affiliations: Emperor-in-waiting
iPhone 4 has sold out of preorders at the US Apple store as well now, backlogged until July. The weekend sales figures are going to be ridiculous when it actually ships.

"If only you find the Divine Teacher, you may leave all objections to the doctrine he teaches to answer themselves. And if you find him not, then answers to the difficulties brought against his teachings will go for little." Cardinal Vaughan

They say, 'We do not know how this is, but we know that God can do it.' You poor fools! God can make a cow out of a tree, but has he ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so.

William of Conches

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:46 pm 
Deceased

The latest release from Apple:

"Yesterday Apple and its carrier partners took pre-orders for more than 600,000 of Apple’s new iPhone 4. It was the largest number of pre-orders Apple has ever taken in a single day and was far higher than we anticipated, resulting in many order and approval system malfunctions. Many customers were turned away or abandoned the process in frustration. We apologize to everyone who encountered difficulties, and hope that they will try again or visit an Apple or carrier store once the iPhone 4 is in stock."

Many customers are rightly mad, but we'll just have them call Doom. I suspect we'll see some sort of program to mollify those folks; Apple's done it in the past.

Pax Christi

"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better or happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm smile." PFC Daniel R. Parker USA (died in Iraq August 2003)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:53 pm 
King of Cool

I actually had someone who recently signed a 2 year contract for an iPhone 3GS 32 GB decide to completely cancel the account and pay an ETF of $170 because she couldn't get an iPhone 4 at full upgrade price until January...she said she is going to go order an iPhone 4 and start a brand new account.... :roll:

This is absolutely insane, this woman is a lunatic, she is completely unhinged, out of her mind and nuts, but there are millions of people out there just as deranged as her about this bloody phone.

Now, the rational thing to do would be to say 'hey, you know what, until 5 minutes ago this was the best iPhone on the market, the differences between the 3GS and the 4 are comparatively minor, this isn't a huge leap it's a very small one, I don't have to always have the latest and greatest make and model of everything, my upgrade date is in January, this phone is fine as it is, it will last until then, or even better, I can wait until June of next year when the iPhone 5 comes out, I don't have to jump through hoops to get the latest and greatest of everything Apple just because Steve Jobs tells me it's 'revolutionary'

But no....she has to have it, and she has to have it NOW.....

I hate any company that creates this kind of fanatical devotion, I really do.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:04 pm 
King of Cool

Teacher wrote:
The latest release from Apple:

"Yesterday Apple and its carrier partners took pre-orders for more than 600,000 of Apple’s new iPhone 4. It was the largest number of pre-orders Apple has ever taken in a single day and was far higher than we anticipated, resulting in many order and approval system malfunctions. Many customers were turned away or abandoned the process in frustration. We apologize to everyone who encountered difficulties, and hope that they will try again or visit an Apple or carrier store once the iPhone 4 is in stock."

Many customers are rightly mad, but we'll just have them call Doom. I suspect we'll see some sort of program to mollify those folks; Apple's done it in the past.

Pax Christi

Their anger wasn't about not being able to pre-order, their anger was about the fact that they did not qualify for an upgrade, or that they qualified only for the early upgrade pricing, rather than the full upgrade pricing. The only solution to that problem is to wait until the upgrade date arrives, or pay the early upgrade price, but they will not because they have to have it NOW and they want the full upgrade price. It's childish.

Actually, phones selling out on day 1 of their release is pretty common, the HTC Evo sold out on day one (300,000 sales in one day, the largest release for a Sprint phone ever), the Motorola Droid sold out in one day, even the Palm Pre release on Sprint in 2009 sold out in one day and that phone is regarded as a flop. Apple's just engaging in puffery here, and hype.

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 3 of 3   [ 46 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3