Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 2   [ 21 posts ]   Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: You Have GOT to be kidding me
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:21 am 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
According to the Los Angeles NAACP, a Hallmark graduation card that mentions BLACK HOLES and PLANETS is actually....racist!

You see...when you hear the word 'black holes' the NACCP INSISTS that they are talking about 'black whores'...yeah...this really is the controversy here....

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?secti ... id=7475737

Can you get more asinine? Guess Disney is gonna have to pull the now racist 1979 movie 'The Black Hole'....and radio stations are gonna have to stop playing the Soundgarden song 'Black Hole Sun'

Astronomy must be outlawed because it's racist now.

But just wait until Kage-Ar learns about 'white dwarfs'.... :)

Post subject: Re: You Have GOT to be kidding me
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:35 pm 
Honeymoon King
Honeymoon King

Religion: One Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic
Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree K of C, L of M
Doom wrote:

Little racists :soap:

Judas Iscariot is the patron saint of Social Justice. Venerable Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

A logistics problem should be handled with a logistical solution, not a liturgical one.

Holy Mary, Queen of the Martyrs, Pray for us.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:36 pm 
Trophy Dwarf
Trophy Dwarf

Religion: Catholic Convert
Church Affiliations: Dorothy Day Guild
Doom wrote:

Then there are those commie Red Dwarf things I keep reading about...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:29 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

:shock:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:38 am 
Master
Master

Religion: Christian
Disney should pull that movie because it's bad, even bored me as a kid!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:14 am 
The Exterminator

Religion: Númenórean Catholic
When I was a pizza man we didn't deliver to the black hole. Drivers who go past the event horizon never come back with their money bag.

- Justice Scalia, dissent, King v. Burwell.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:19 am 
Master
Master

Religion: Catholic, praise God
Bombadil wrote:
When I was a pizza man we didn't deliver to the black hole. Drivers who go past the event horizon never come back with their money bag.

:laughhard :laughhard :laughhard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:25 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Location: As I understand it.....in God's will. This is the best place to be.
Religion: Orthodox (In Communion With Rome)
Church Affiliations: Past Grand Knight KoC 15107
Could we possibly do the following, since our government spends money indiscriminately anyway?

Offer relocation to all folks who, like Doom and many others here, realize that California is a lost cause. Give them......oh, say 2 years wages, a house in a sane state (like Texas) and empty California of all the sane people.

Offer all the PETA nuts, liberals, feminazis, Al Frankens and Nancy Peolosi's who live in other states to come in and take the houses that have been left behind.

Wall off the state, rename it LOONY TUNES LAND or something similar, and tell them they are on their own. We officially divorce them and .....well, good luck you bunch of crazies!!! You are going to need it.

HOW do people get this crazy???

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:08 pm 
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Religion: Roman Catholic
In a society in which human language is such a muddled concept, and so horribly dealt with, this is to be expected. Post-modernism at its best, and therefore at its most worstest.

"Beati estis cum maledixerint vobis et persecuti vos fuerint et dixerint omne malum adversum vos, mentientes, propter me. Gaudete et exsultate, quoniam merces vestra copiosa est in caelis; sic enim persecuti sunt prophetas, qui fuerunt ante vos." Mt. V. xi-xii

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:30 pm 
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Also, the consonant in question was definitely not an /r/. That's pretty obvious from the get-go. Furthermore, you would think context would make clear what they're talking about: the Solar System, planets, Saturn. No, this quacks too much like an intentional misunderstanding by professional umbrage-takers.

"Beati estis cum maledixerint vobis et persecuti vos fuerint et dixerint omne malum adversum vos, mentientes, propter me. Gaudete et exsultate, quoniam merces vestra copiosa est in caelis; sic enim persecuti sunt prophetas, qui fuerunt ante vos." Mt. V. xi-xii

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:38 pm 
Trophy Dwarf
Trophy Dwarf

Religion: Catholic Convert
Church Affiliations: Dorothy Day Guild
When I grow up, I wanna be a professional umbrage-taker :fyi:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:56 pm 
King of Cool

Rashbold wrote:
Also, the consonant in question was definitely not an /r/. That's pretty obvious from the get-go. Furthermore, you would think context would make clear what they're talking about: the Solar System, planets, Saturn. No, this quacks too much like an intentional misunderstanding by professional umbrage-takers.

I have listened to it several times now, and every time I heard the word 'hole'...I can't hear an 'r' even if I TRY TO make myself hear it...

This is insane....and Hallmark actually caved instead of telling these whackos to go jump in a lake....which is sad, now we are banning perfectly innocent things out of the fear that someone who is apparently either mentally ill or hearing impaired might misunderstand what is obvious to everyone.....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:52 pm 
Neener Queen
Neener Queen

Religion: Catholic
You know, back in the day, we would have told someone like these idiots to get their mind out of the gutter.

You cannot have Jesus as your brother and then reject Mary as your mother. You cannot love His Father as your Father, and then refuse to love His mother.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:01 pm 
King of Cool

Well, that is what it comes down to isn't it? Just like people with dirty minds find 'sex' everywhere they look, people with racist minds see racism everywhere.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:25 pm 
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

And sometimes both at the same time, evidently.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:11 pm 
Defender
Defender

Of course there is no 'r' in the audio for that card. This is not about real racism or even the real meaning of intended language.

This is about power, raw unmistakable power to force a fairly large company to yank a product off their shelves.

Next year expect Hallmark to make some much larger donations to the National Alliance for the Advancement of Colored People.

"... so disillusioned keep your head down, if you do they'll never know, you'll have no answers to their questions and they will have to let you go. Disenfranchised revolution, they'll take away by right what's yours, and make you martyrs of your own cause, and they don't know what cause it's for."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:21 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

My husband told me something last night that reminded me of this.

We live (and he works) very close to a large Indian Reservation that has a very large Pow-Wow every 4th of July weekend. Two of dh's co-workers carpool together. Upon exiting the freeway on their way to work, one of the co-workers sees a billboard advertizing the Pow-Wow. He says to the other co-worker "Doesn't that sound racist? Do they have to use the word Pow-Wow? I'm offended". Said co-worker isn't Native American, obviously. A pow-wow is just that: a POW-WOW!! :roll:

I mean seriously, do we live in a world where we can no longer simply state the obvious?!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:32 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Religion: Catholic :)
MamaE wrote:
...I mean seriously, do we live in a world where we can no longer simply state the obvious?!

Yes, we do. :crying:

O God, our refuge and our strength, look down in mercy on Thy people who cry out to Thee, and through the intercession of Mary, the virgin Mother of God; Saint Joseph, her most chaste spouse; Thy holy Apostles Peter and Paul, and of all Thy Saints, hear our prayer for the conversion of sinners, and for the liberation and exaltation of our holy Mother the Church. Through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:11 am 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

MamaE wrote:
My husband told me something last night that reminded me of this.

We live (and he works) very close to a large Indian Reservation that has a very large Pow-Wow every 4th of July weekend. Two of dh's co-workers carpool together. Upon exiting the freeway on their way to work, one of the co-workers sees a billboard advertizing the Pow-Wow. He says to the other co-worker "Doesn't that sound racist? Do they have to use the word Pow-Wow? I'm offended". Said co-worker isn't Native American, obviously. A pow-wow is just that: a POW-WOW!! :roll:

I mean seriously, do we live in a world where we can no longer simply state the obvious?!

How could "pow-wow" possibly be construed as racist???

"The time will come when people will not tolerate sound doctrine, but, following their own desires, will surround themselves with teachers who tickle their ears. They will stop listening to the truth and will wander off to fables" (2 Tm 4:3-4).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:16 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Location: As I understand it.....in God's will. This is the best place to be.
Religion: Orthodox (In Communion With Rome)
Church Affiliations: Past Grand Knight KoC 15107
OFFENSIVE CHRISTIAN TRUTHS: (feel free to add)

SODOMY -- That's what it is. It is not "gay", there is nothing happy about the diseases it brings with it, and it will send people to the next offensive Christian word

HELL -- Bet the number of sermons in which a rousing warning against going go hell by coddling your sin could be counted on one hand. This includes people who engage in

FORNICATION -- now there's a lost word you probably don't hear AT ALL any more. After all, we are "enlightened" now, so the idea of waiting for marriage to have nuptial delight is so.....15th century. And with over 50% of adults living together now, it is not polite in mixed company to suggest that sex before

MARRIAGE -- will actually bring to you the displeasure and wrath of God in eternity. My, my! How narrow and silly. Why, the very idea that God sends pagans, Muslims, fornicators, sodomites, and all others who hate Him and hate His Law is repulsive.

Just try this some time at a party or such when you hear of some "progressive couple" who are "shacking up" or "moving in together". Ask "How nice. When did they get marriage" and see if you don't get the same look that a three day dead fish would get. If someone actually talks to you after you say this, then suggest that this is going to have eternal repercussions (use your own language) and see if, after insulting you roundly for your bigotry, etc., if the room doesn't gradually pull away from you and leave you alone.

What are some other words of Truth that the world doesn't want to hear from us?

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 2   [ 21 posts ]   Go to page 1, 2  Next