Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Statue of Liberty
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:44 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Religion: Catholic
There is something else that I see all the time that I know is clearly wrong in the Bible that is accepted as good by most everybody I know of.

All this came to me after I read the Bible from cover to cover after my dad died. I had read sections on my own often, and heard scriptures read during church my whole life, but after I read the Bible as a whole something changed for me that I cannot fully understand. The only way I can start to describe it is the description in the Bible of "a two edged sword". The Bible describes how Good and holy God is, but it also shows how sinfull and evil we have been and are. I will never look at the world the same, or myself, or the country, or even the church. But on the bright side it shows how merciful God is and will save and lead those who love him, and how we will live forever, despite how sinful and weak we are, through the cross of christ.

Now, lets discuss Idols. The definition of an Idol
noun
an image or other material object representing a deity to which religious worship is addressed.

Also Graven Image. The definition of Graven Image

: an object of worship carved usually from wood or stone : idol

Now, what does God's law say about it.

Exodus 20>
3 “You shall have no other gods before[a] me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Ok, I have described before in my blog about the Gold statue of Elvis in Jerusalem, and there is a bronze one in Tel Aviv, And several more throughout the world, promoting him as "The King", but There are many, many more. One of the worst biblicly is the Statue of Liberty. "Wait a minute", you might say, "thats crazy, thats the symbol of the American spirit and our freedom that we have been taught to admire our whole lives". Look beyond that and at its origins. No opinions, just fly on the wall facts. The statue is a representation of a Roman diety and Goddess. "Libertas".

From Wiccipedia
"The ancient Roman goddess Libertas was honored during the second Punic War by a temple erected on the Aventine Hill in Rome by the father of Tiberius Gracchus. A statue in her honor was also raised by Clodius on the site of Marcus Tullius Cicero's house after it had been razed. The figure also resembles Sol Invictus, the Roman God of sun."

"The Statue of Liberty (Liberty Enlightening the World; French: La Liberté éclairant le monde) is a colossal neoclassical sculpture on Liberty Island in the middle of New York Harbor, in Manhattan, New York City. The statue, designed by Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi, a French sculptor and dedicated on October 28, 1886, was a gift to the United States from the people of France. The statue is of a robed female figure representing Libertas, the Roman goddess of freedom, who bears a torch and a tabula ansata (a tablet evoking the law) upon which is inscribed the date of the American Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776. A broken chain lies at her feet. The statue is an icon of freedom and of the United States: a welcoming signal to immigrants arriving from abroad."

We are so asleep. What Liberty ment to most then was freedom to worship God. What Satan has ment it to do in the long run, was for freedom, depicted from the Roman Godess, to mean no morals and no pesky God to tell you what you can and can't do. What the New Agers and humanist say, and also the "enlightened" ones who came from that age, who challenged God and the Bible, because of a few scientific discoveries that showed that the church was mistaken about several things. This is a deception to most, because it basicly is good on the surface, but biblicly really a middle finger to God. God save us soon, and have mercy on us sinners, and save us from ourselves. Amen

Last edited by mikeangel on Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Statue of Liberty
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:14 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Well that's five minutes I'll never get back. :nooo:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:53 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Byblos wrote:
Well that's five minutes I'll never get back. :nooo:

Sorry you felt it was a waste of time. It may mean nothing to you but to me, I will be able say I at least tried to wake up others. Libertas is a Roman Goddess. And we have an idol of her that represents the spirit of freedom in the US. This is a failed experiment. In democracy, the majority rules. What happens when the majority is evil and believes there is no God? God will burn this country with his three plagues. When it happens, remember, the Bible and I warned you.......

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:11 am 
Citizen
Citizen

n/a

Last edited by mikeangel on Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:16 am 
Citizen
Citizen

n/a

Last edited by mikeangel on Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:20 pm 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

This isn't a forum for you to make blog posts, mikeangel, this is a forum for board members to link to their blog. You can discuss issues in other fora, not here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:55 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Signum Crucis wrote:
This isn't a forum for you to make blog posts, mikeangel, this is a forum for board members to link to their blog. You can discuss issues in other fora, not here.

Then why did you remove the link to my blog about the idolization of Elvis? That was in fact a link to a blog. And why are there comments on some of the other blog link entrys?