Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 4   [ 71 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: what are ways to convince JWs there IS a Hell?
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 1:36 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Religion: Roman Catholic
we can't even convince Catholics there is a Hell

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 3:47 pm 
Eminent
Eminent

Religion: Католик
If JW’s don’t believe their own Bible (especially, Matthew 25:41), what good are they?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 5:31 pm 
Jr. Wazzooship-Winning Moderator
Jr. Wazzooship-Winning Moderator

Religion: Finally Catholic!
Church Affiliations: Legion of Mary, SVdP
There is a simple way to do it that’s 100% effective, but I don’t recommend it, especially in states that still allow capital punishment. :fyi:

Commit to the Image

formerly "ghall512"--Thanks for the idea, arkcatholic! :clap:

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:12 pm 
Eminent
Eminent

Religion: Католик
Maybe show those JW’s how little shepherds of Fátima saw the Hell on July 13, 1917 just for a few minutes?

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 2:40 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

lbt wrote:
Maybe show those JW’s how little shepherds of Fátima saw the Hell on July 13, 1917 just for a few minutes?

well, the jws are known for being anticatholic, although IMO not as much as 7th Day Adv or Assembly of God but in any case..

we are to do things like this (what u suggest) and not worry about the success of doing it or lack thereof. Now if only I could take my own advice... :?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:57 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

:flag If we have to warn you one more time about political posts/comments outside the political forum, you will be banned without notice.
Deleted by Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:28 pm 

Religion: Catholic
How about this passage?

Rev 14 (RSVCE)

9 And another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If any one worships the beast and its image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand,
10 he also shall drink the wine of God’s wrath, poured unmixed into the cup of his anger, and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
11 And the smoke of their torment goes up for ever and ever; and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.”

-BHM

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:17 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Religion: Looking for answers
By His Mercy wrote:
How about this passage?

Rev 14 (RSVCE)

9 And another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If any one worships the beast and its image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand,
10 he also shall drink the wine of God’s wrath, poured unmixed into the cup of his anger, and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
11 And the smoke of their torment goes up for ever and ever; and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.”

-BHM

It's a big mistake to think those verses are meant to be understood literally, By His Mercy. Worshipping the beast and its image cannot make God angry, so angry that He will torment the worshipper "with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb" because God is love and is unchanging and therefore cannot be made angry.

You should contemplate the meaning of your own username.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:49 pm 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

By His Mercy, you should ignore anything Denise Dee says. She doesn't believe in Hell and eternal damnation.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:00 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

I don't think it's good or healthy to ignore what other people say just because they don't believe exactly what you believe. You should look at the substance of what they say, regardless of whether or not they have exactly the same beliefs that you have. Look at the title of this thread, "what are the ways to convince JWs there IS a Hell?" If the JWs adopted the attitude of ignore what people with different beliefs say, then there would be no point whatsoever in trying to convince them about anything they don't already believe. There would be no point in trying to convince anyone of anything they didn't already believe. There would be no point in this Apologetics forum!

But whether you choose to ignore me or not, By His Mercy, it doesn't change the logical truth that an unchanging God cannot become angry.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:09 pm 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Denise Dee wrote:
I don't think it's good or healthy to ignore what other people say just because they don't believe exactly what you believe. You should look at the substance of what they say, regardless of whether or not they have exactly the same beliefs that you have. Look at the title of this thread, "what are the ways to convince JWs there IS a Hell?" If the JWs adopted the attitude of ignore what people with different beliefs say, then there would be no point whatsoever in trying to convince them about anything they don't already believe. There would be no point in trying to convince anyone of anything they didn't already believe. There would be no point in this Apologetics forum!

But whether you choose to ignore me or not, By His Mercy, it doesn't change the logical truth that an unchanging God cannot become angry.

You come on here claiming to be Catholic. Start acting like it and stop telling people to ignore the clear teachings of the Catholic Church.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:43 pm 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Matthew 13: 41 The Son of man shall send his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all scandals, and them that work iniquity. 42 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:58 am 
Adept
Adept

Religion: Christian
The Bible addresses the subject of convincing etc in the Book of John 16:8

My method is simple. Immediately take control of the situation with a seemingly harmless but very powerful request. Get them to agree with you. First ask them if they are ok with praying a prayer for God to guide the conversation. Simple enough. When they agree ...Then pray something like this; I ask according to God's will that the Holy Spirit come and take charge of this conversation in Jesus name. Holy Spirit please honor Jesus' promise to send you, the Paraclete and I further ask you to forgive us of any sin or unrighteousness in our lives that may block communication or hinder our relationship between us and God the Father. Please open our minds and hearts to know the truth that sets us free.Thank you in Jesus name, amen.
God honors their words and that agreement opens them up to hear the one true God... Perhaps for the first time in their lives.
At that point I would take God at his word and point to the truth, expecting God to reveal the truth, as was just requested. As I pointed out earlier, it is God's responsibility to do the convincing. Just point out the Scriptures that confirm the truth about Heaven and hell. The words 'everlasting' and 'eternal' are used in Scripture to describe God ... The exact same words are used to describe Hell. Simple as that.
It may not produce immediate/ visible results ... but the seed is indelibly planted because of their own words. The fruit will eventually ripen.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:21 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Signum Crucis wrote:
Denise Dee wrote:

You come on here claiming to be Catholic. Start acting like it and stop telling people to ignore the clear teachings of the Catholic Church.

What do you mean "claiming to be Catholic"? :scratch: See my post entitled "My life has been transformed since..." in the Lyceum forum.

If your definition of Catholic is only people who believe exactly everything you believe Signum, then I do not claim to be Catholic.

But when anyone registers for these forums there is a profile field asking about your religion and it states: '"Catholic" is reserved for practicing Catholics (upper case C please) under the authority of the Pope.'

I do now practice Catholicism (I go to Mass, communion, confession, etc) but I'm not sure exactly what "under the authority of the Pope" means. Maybe you can explain.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:26 pm 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Denise Dee wrote:
Signum Crucis wrote:
Denise Dee wrote:

What do you mean "claiming to be Catholic"? :scratch: See my post entitled "My life has been transformed since..." in the Lyceum forum.

If your definition of Catholic is only people who believe exactly everything you believe Signum, then I do not claim to be Catholic.

But when anyone registers for these forums there is a profile field asking about your religion and it states: '"Catholic" is reserved for practicing Catholics (upper case C please) under the authority of the Pope.'

I do now practice Catholicism (I go to Mass, communion, confession, etc) but I'm not sure exactly what "under the authority of the Pope" means. Maybe you can explain.

I follow the teachings of the Catholic Church, and that includes the belief in the existence of Hell and eternal damnation. You clearly do not. You can't pick and choose which teachings you believe and which you don't.

Under the authority of the Pope means that we recognize the head of the Catholic Church as being the Pope, the Bishop of the Church in Rome, Successor of Peter, Vicar of Christ.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:48 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Signum Crucis wrote:
Denise Dee wrote:
Signum Crucis wrote:
Denise Dee wrote:

I follow the teachings of the Catholic Church, and that includes the belief in the existence of Hell and eternal damnation. You clearly do not. You can't pick and choose which teachings you believe and which you don't.

Under the authority of the Pope means that we recognize the head of the Catholic Church as being the Pope, the Bishop of the Church in Rome, Successor of Peter, Vicar of Christ.

That can't be what "under the authority of the Pope" means, because even an atheist could "recognize the head of the Catholic Church as being the Pope, the Bishop of the Church in Rome, Successor of Peter, Vicar of Christ."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:51 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
it is a way to differentiate Catholic from the separated brethren who do not recognize the Pope as the Head of the Church, the Successor to Peter but do possess valid Holy Orders and consequently have a valid Eucharist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:54 pm 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Denise Dee wrote:
That can't be what "under the authority of the Pope" means, because even an atheist could "recognize the head of the Catholic Church as being the Pope, the Bishop of the Church in Rome, Successor of Peter, Vicar of Christ."

Then what does it mean, Denise Dee?

Atheists don't believe in God or Church, so they can't recognize (acknowledge) the validity of either.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:04 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
Recognize and submit to.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:14 pm 
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Recognize and submit to.

:yes:

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 4   [ 71 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next