Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: life on other planets/physical universes in this realm
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:38 pm 

Religion: Christian
Ok so how spiritually significant is it if we find otherworldly life, especially in another solar system-as in ours, like say Mars, probably was seeded with earth life via asteroids.
Also I recall when I was 9, watching the science channel, that there is evidence for another physical universe (obviously in our realm) that is affecting this. The question remains the same.

Post subject: Re: life on other planets/physical universes in this realm
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:09 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
I have no idea what the second question is talking about. Cable TV is not known for solid presentations of science, even setting aside the difficulty of this particular idea's having been filtered through a 9-year-old's understanding.

As for the first, it would not be significant at all. Are you familiar with C. S. Lewis's space trilogy?

Post subject: Re: life on other planets/physical universes in this realm
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:05 pm 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
The fact is that even hardcore evolutionists now generally admit that there just wasn't enough time for all the great diversity of life on this planet to develop purely as a result of chance, and it is now generally theorized that life originally came to Earth from another planet, for example, Richard Dawkins asserts this rather boldly in his books, and he considers it so obvious that he doesn't even bother to present proof. Some evolutionists even go so far as to suggest that some alien species intentionally implanted life on Earth, in short, there was indeed a 'special creation' but by an alien race not by God. I think they probably got this idea from Arthur C Clarke's novel '2001: A Space Odyssey' (and the movie directed by Stanley Kubrick on which the novel was based).

Granted, the 'alien origin' of life on Earth theory gains a few more billion years for life to develop but still doesn't really solve the problem of origins at all, it only shifts the problem somewhere else, because the question then becomes 'if aliens are responsible for life on Earth, then where did the alien comes from'? And I suppose Dawkins' answer would be 'it's just turtle all the way down.'