Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 8 of 8   [ 142 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: A good tree cannot produce evil fruit
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:25 pm 

Religion: Catholic
Vadim wrote:
According to Gospel, "A good tree cannot produce evil fruit, and neither can a corrupt tree produce good fruit." (Matthew 7:18)

If Roman Catholic Church is a good tree, then why does she produce so many evil fruits? An interview with Robert Jackline, a former Roman Catholic priest who converted to Orthodoxy:

Woah, hold on here. The devil has sown tares in with the wheat. Those tares will produce a lot of mayhem. It's some individuals (not all of them) in the Catholic Church that produce bad fruit.

Matthew 13
24 Jesus presented another parable to them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field.
25 But while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went away.
26 But when the wheat sprouted and bore grain, then the tares became evident also.
27 The slaves of the landowner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’
28 And he said to them, ‘An enemy has done this!’ The slaves *said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go and gather them up?’
29 But he *said, ‘No; for while you are gathering up the tares, you may uproot the wheat with them.
30 Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”

So they're in there until the harvest. Bad fruit from them is to be expected. Woe to them on the day of harvest.

-BHM

Post subject: Re: A good tree cannot produce evil fruit
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:33 am 

Religion: catholic
Vadim wrote:
According to Gospel, "A good tree cannot produce evil fruit, and neither can a corrupt tree produce good fruit." (Matthew 7:18)

If Roman Catholic Church is a good tree, then why does she produce so many evil fruits? An interview with Robert Jackline, a former Roman Catholic priest who converted to Orthodoxy:

Kevin: Robert Jackline, ex-Roman Catholic priest, what was it that prompted you? Was it a specific crisis, event, or was it just an accumulation? What was it?

Robert: It was an accumulation, but there was an event, also, and that event was in 2000, and 2002, when all of the sexual scandals came out. <…> In 2002 when it exploded in Boston, if you remember, with Cardinal Law, I was absolutely devastated, I could not believe what I was hearing. I think what even made me more angry, was the fact that the bishops of this country, and of the world, but my knowledge is, of course, of this country, were moving these men around from parish to parish, school to school, and allowing them to continue, and did nothing about it. They hid it, and it completely devastated me. I just could not continue anymore.

That is another reason why I looked at Orthodoxy, and who says it is not in Orthodoxy, too? But this was an epidemic, and it was a complete failure of the bishops in this country to lead morally. In my estimation, the Catholic Church in this country, and the Catholic bishops in this country, lost all moral authority. (From Roman Catholic Priest To Eastern Orthodox Christian // October 25, 2008. http://www.ancientfaith.com/podcasts/il ... man_cath#h[] )
What evil fruits are these? Do you think the sex scandals could be seducing spirits?

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 8 of 8   [ 142 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8