Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Abortion in Canada
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:59 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Religion: Catholic
http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/yo ... pro-lifer/
Many Catholics here will know of Linda Gibbons who has spent a good part of many years in jail for protests in and around abortuaries. This is another heroic woman. For those who don't know, abortion is perfectly legal in Canada up to the time of live birth. No politician in this country will touch pro-life issues with a ten foot pole. All too familiar is that this shocking story has had no press coverage here that I can find. God forgive me but all I feel after reading this is disgust and anger.

Post subject: Re: Abortion in Canada
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:49 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

CanadianCatholic wrote:
http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/your-gods-wrong-canadian-judge-tells-pro-lifer/
Many Catholics here will know of Linda Gibbons who has spent a good part of many years in jail for protests in and around abortuaries. This is another heroic woman. For those who don't know, abortion is perfectly legal in Canada up to the time of live birth. No politician in this country will touch pro-life issues with a ten foot pole. All too familiar is that this shocking story has had no press coverage here that I can find. God forgive me but all I feel after reading this is disgust and anger.

It is very sad. I actually have been following this case.
Canada is a very worrysome place for me. Your country is devoid of all respect for freedom of conscience. We need to pray for it. And for Ms. Gibbons.

Post subject: Re: Abortion in Canada
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:45 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

sunmumy wrote:
CanadianCatholic wrote:
http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/your-gods-wrong-canadian-judge-tells-pro-lifer/

It is very sad. I actually have been following this case.
Canada is a very worrysome place for me. Your country is devoid of all respect for freedom of conscience. We need to pray for it. And for Ms. Gibbons.

St. Joseph is our patron saint. When it gets to the point that a judge tells a Catholic woman that "you are wrong and your God is wrong", sends her to jail in excess of a joint submission, and hardly an eyebrow is lifted we need prayers. I can point to at least two factors unique to Canada: 1) The almost total collapse of French-Canadian Catholicism in the last 50 years or so. 2) The Charter of Rights and Freedoms which was brought into the Constitution in the early 1980's.

While to say my country is devoid of all respect for freedom of conscience is not true this case is troubling and is more evidence that much of the judiciary here is hostile to Christian consciences.