Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 5   [ 94 posts ]   Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: I've come for an argument............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:59 am 
Offline
Honeymoon King
Honeymoon King
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 25, 2003 4:39 pm
Posts: 44272
Location: in marital bliss
Religion: One Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic
Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree K of C, L of M
Why do we only get wacko Protestants in here? Can't Siggy go out and recruit some sane Protestants who would like to engage in meaningful dialogue (a.k.a. arguments)?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I've come for an argument............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:43 pm 
Offline
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:38 am
Posts: 3646
Location: Britain
:yes: I know a lot of nice, non-argumentative Protestants, or at least the 'respectfully differing in opinion ones', here it's all a bit 'full-on'...sometimes not very Christian, so yes :iws :whistle:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I've come for an argument............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:55 pm 
Offline
Honeymoon King
Honeymoon King
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 25, 2003 4:39 pm
Posts: 44272
Location: in marital bliss
Religion: One Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic
Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree K of C, L of M
anna1978 wrote:
:yes: I know a lot of nice, non-argumentative Protestants, or at least the 'respectfully differing in opinion ones', here it's all a bit 'full-on'...sometimes not very Christian, so yes :iws :whistle:


No. What I mean is the Protestants that do come here are wacko nuts. I mean, read some of the things they post. You are too young to remember LOC and his "veggie robot snakes" or that other guy (I forget his name) and his "Jesus walking around in His earth-suit", and his claim that he would soon be raising the dead, but you did have the pleasure of reading what that last wacko, Blasphemer of the Lord, had to say about certain subjects. It's like, the only Protestants on here that aren't wacko nuts are CC and Cyprian and GKC, and they always argue for us, never against us. Jac is not wacko, but he doesn't like to argue with me. (He think his brain so big.) So, either we get Prostestants who are really Catholics, or who are so wacko that Siggy has to ban them. Isn't there anything in between? I mean, a nice Protestant who isn't Catholic and who can debate on a fairly rational level?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I've come for an argument............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:57 pm 
Offline
Master
Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:39 am
Posts: 2040
Location: Fair Haven, Vermont
Religion: Sacramental Protestant
I know an eastern Orthodox fella, who probably owns a huge library. You can never get less than a full essay whenever he responds. I have often considered inviting him over, to give you guys a run for your money :P not implying nothing..just saying the dudes smart, and has my fullest respect.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I've come for an argument............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:59 pm 
Offline
Adept
Adept
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:30 am
Posts: 5919
Location: Double-Decker Couch
Religion: Lead, Kindly Light
pax wrote:
It's like, the only Protestants on here that aren't wacko nuts are CC and Cyprian and GKC...

:wave


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I've come for an argument............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:59 pm 
Offline
Master
Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:39 am
Posts: 2040
Location: Fair Haven, Vermont
Religion: Sacramental Protestant
baptist bumble wrote:
pax wrote:
It's like, the only Protestants on here that aren't wacko nuts are CC and Cyprian and GKC...

:wave

oy don't fool yourself :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I've come for an argument............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:00 pm 
Offline
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:26 am
Posts: 88495
Location: Revelation 11:19-12:1
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
:mrgreen: :laughhard :laughhard :laughhard :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I've come for an argument............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:11 pm 
Offline
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 13959
Location: West of Pittsburgh, PA
Religion: Catholic
pax wrote:
[ or that other guy (I forget his name) and his "Jesus walking around in His earth-suit", and his claim that he would soon be raising the dead

Would that be Evangelist?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I've come for an argument............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:13 pm 
Offline
Master
Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:39 am
Posts: 2040
Location: Fair Haven, Vermont
Religion: Sacramental Protestant
I have a protestant friend who is fairly knowledgeable, but hates the fundy way of attacking the church. In fact he kinda likes you guys! he said he would be interested in discussing things with you, so I gave him the link. Maybe he will be a breath of fresh air for yall ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I've come for an argument............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:21 pm 
Offline
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:38 am
Posts: 3646
Location: Britain
Maybe I missed the REALLY wacko posts :mrgreen:

However, Baptist Bumble IS nice, and so are the other 'normal ones' :laughhard But yes, I agree that you can't have a normal discussion with complete whack jobs :fyi: So...Siggy, more nice Protestants with a high IQ please.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I've come for an argument............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:44 pm 
Offline
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:26 am
Posts: 88495
Location: Revelation 11:19-12:1
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
INsearch wrote:
I have a protestant friend who is fairly knowledgeable, but hates the fundy way of attacking the church. In fact he kinda likes you guys! he said he would be interested in discussing things with you, so I gave him the link. Maybe he will be a breath of fresh air for yall ;)


i know which friend it isn't 8-) :wave


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I've come for an argument............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:46 pm 
Offline
Master
Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:39 am
Posts: 2040
Location: Fair Haven, Vermont
Religion: Sacramental Protestant
faithfulservant wrote:
INsearch wrote:
I have a protestant friend who is fairly knowledgeable, but hates the fundy way of attacking the church. In fact he kinda likes you guys! he said he would be interested in discussing things with you, so I gave him the link. Maybe he will be a breath of fresh air for yall ;)


i know which friend it isn't 8-) :wave

hahahahahaha, don't worry tisn't him :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I've come for an argument............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:49 pm 
Offline
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:26 am
Posts: 88495
Location: Revelation 11:19-12:1
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
i had no doubt :fyi: :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I've come for an argument............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:37 pm 
Offline
Some Poor Bibliophile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:22 pm
Posts: 15745
pax wrote:
anna1978 wrote:
:yes: I know a lot of nice, non-argumentative Protestants, or at least the 'respectfully differing in opinion ones', here it's all a bit 'full-on'...sometimes not very Christian, so yes :iws :whistle:


No. What I mean is the Protestants that do come here are wacko nuts. I mean, read some of the things they post. You are too young to remember LOC and his "veggie robot snakes" or that other guy (I forget his name) and his "Jesus walking around in His earth-suit", and his claim that he would soon be raising the dead, but you did have the pleasure of reading what that last wacko, Blasphemer of the Lord, had to say about certain subjects. It's like, the only Protestants on here that aren't wacko nuts are CC and Cyprian and GKC, and they always argue for us, never against us. Jac is not wacko, but he doesn't like to argue with me. (He think his brain so big.) So, either we get Prostestants who are really Catholics, or who are so wacko that Siggy has to ban them. Isn't there anything in between? I mean, a nice Protestant who isn't Catholic and who can debate on a fairly rational level?



There's a reason I almost always argue for you. You hit it.

GKC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I've come for an argument............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:38 pm 
Offline
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 9602
Location: Just visiting this planet.
Religion: Finally Catholic!
Church Affiliations: Legion of Mary, SVdP
pax wrote:
Why do we only get wacko Protestants in here? Can't Siggy go out and recruit some sane Protestants who would like to engage in meaningful dialogue (a.k.a. arguments)?


-This isn't argument?

No, this is abuse!

-Oh, sorry....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I've come for an argument............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:57 pm 
Offline
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2003 9:25 pm
Posts: 9357
Location: As I understand it.....in God's will. This is the best place to be.
Religion: Byzantine Catholic
Church Affiliations: Past Grand Knight KoC 15107
pax wrote:
Why do we only get wacko Protestants in here? Can't Siggy go out and recruit some sane Protestants who would like to engage in meaningful dialogue (a.k.a. arguments)?



Yeah, but some of us whack jobs do git converted!! :wave


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I've come for an argument............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:19 pm 
Offline
Honeymoon King
Honeymoon King
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 25, 2003 4:39 pm
Posts: 44272
Location: in marital bliss
Religion: One Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic
Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree K of C, L of M
Jackie wrote:
pax wrote:
[ or that other guy (I forget his name) and his "Jesus walking around in His earth-suit", and his claim that he would soon be raising the dead

Would that be Evangelist?


Yeah. That was him. Marine uniform stationed in Germany. Couldn't articulate very well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I've come for an argument............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:20 pm 
Offline
Honeymoon King
Honeymoon King
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 25, 2003 4:39 pm
Posts: 44272
Location: in marital bliss
Religion: One Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic
Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree K of C, L of M
anna1978 wrote:
Maybe I missed the REALLY wacko posts :mrgreen:

However, Baptist Bumble IS nice, and so are the other 'normal ones' :laughhard But yes, I agree that you can't have a normal discussion with complete whack jobs :fyi: So...Siggy, more nice Protestants with a high IQ please.


Yeah. BB is a sweetheart, but he don't want to argue.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I've come for an argument............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:38 pm 
Offline
Adept
Adept
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:30 am
Posts: 5919
Location: Double-Decker Couch
Religion: Lead, Kindly Light
pax wrote:
anna1978 wrote:
Maybe I missed the REALLY wacko posts :mrgreen:

However, Baptist Bumble IS nice, and so are the other 'normal ones' :laughhard But yes, I agree that you can't have a normal discussion with complete whack jobs :fyi: So...Siggy, more nice Protestants with a high IQ please.


Yeah. BB is a sweetheart, but he don't want to argue.

Besides, I may not have the Protestant tag much longer anyways... :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I've come for an argument............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:50 pm 
Offline
Honeymoon King
Honeymoon King
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 25, 2003 4:39 pm
Posts: 44272
Location: in marital bliss
Religion: One Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic
Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree K of C, L of M
baptist bumble wrote:
pax wrote:
anna1978 wrote:
Maybe I missed the REALLY wacko posts :mrgreen:

However, Baptist Bumble IS nice, and so are the other 'normal ones' :laughhard But yes, I agree that you can't have a normal discussion with complete whack jobs :fyi: So...Siggy, more nice Protestants with a high IQ please.


Yeah. BB is a sweetheart, but he don't want to argue.

Besides, I may not have the Protestant tag much longer anyways... :mrgreen:


Well, why not get in some arguing while you can?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 5   [ 94 posts ]   Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Jump to: