Journeyman
Journeyman

Religion: Catholic
https://www.wikihow.com/Pray-the-Luther ... 1mIAa8KZx0

Post subject: Re: "Lutheran Rosary?"
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:46 pm 
There Can Be Only One

Some Episcopalians also pray a Rosary. But it is definitely not common. Nor Catholic.

A story. A Catholic friend, for various reasons, knew an Episcopalian woman. The Episcopal informed the Catholic that a group of women in the Episcopal church had learned of the Rosary, had learned that it was a permissible in the Episcopal church, and they wanted to begin praying it. She asked the Catholic to come to the group and instruct them. She prepared by learning of the Episcopalian version.

That lasted about two sessions. The Episcopalian women took pains to inform the Catholic that they weren't Catholic and that they had decided to change the form and content of the Rosary (the Episcopalian version) ... mainly to shorten it and make it more convenient ... and that they no longer needed her instruction. It made quite an impression on the Catholic. She learned that it was but a fad, that the Episcopalian women almost immediately abandoned it.

As a former Episcopalian, I'm not in the least surprised.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:44 pm 
Some Poor Bibliophile

Highlander wrote:
Some Episcopalians also pray a Rosary. But it is definitely not common. Nor Catholic.

A story. A Catholic friend, for various reasons, knew an Episcopalian woman. The Episcopal informed the Catholic that a group of women in the Episcopal church had learned of the Rosary, had learned that it was a permissible in the Episcopal church, and they wanted to begin praying it. She asked the Catholic to come to the group and instruct them. She prepared by learning of the Episcopalian version.

That lasted about two sessions. The Episcopalian women took pains to inform the Catholic that they weren't Catholic and that they had decided to change the form and content of the Rosary (the Episcopalian version) ... mainly to shorten it and make it more convenient ... and that they no longer needed her instruction. It made quite an impression on the Catholic. She learned that it was but a fad, that the Episcopalian women almost immediately abandoned it.

I'm not either. Nor at those Anglicans who pray the Rosary as you would do.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:20 pm 
Eminent
Eminent

Religion: Католик
I heard that a late Methodist pastor, J. Neville Ward, prayed the rosary:

https://www.amazon.com/Five-Sorrow-Ten- ... /ref=nodl_

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:11 pm 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
Highlander wrote:

A story. A Catholic friend, for various reasons, knew an Episcopalian woman. The Episcopal informed the Catholic that a group of women in the Episcopal church had learned of the Rosary, had learned that it was permissible in the Episcopal church, and they wanted to begin praying it. She asked the Catholic to come to the group and instruct them. She prepared by learning of the Episcopalian version.

I am pretty sure that praying to the Budha, Confucious or Zeus would be permissible for Episcopalians.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:24 pm 
There Can Be Only One

My Catholic. the Rosary "mentor", indicated that the Episcopalian women were attracted to the high church flavor of their Rosary ... but not its substance, whatever the form.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:02 am 
Some Poor Bibliophile

Highlander wrote:
My Catholic. the Rosary "mentor", indicated that the Episcopalian women were attracted to the high church flavor of their Rosary ... but not its substance, whatever the form.

Motley, them Anglicans. The rosary you would use, I warrant, differs not a whit from the one I got when I was born (wrap your head around that). Save that the cord is broken on my first one. My point was that Anglicans (generically) are a motley crew. The assistant priest at my parish uses your basic Rosary, not Anglican prayer beads. Has quite a devotion to the BVM, too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:22 am 
Some Poor Bibliophile

Doom wrote:
Highlander wrote:

A story. A Catholic friend, for various reasons, knew an Episcopalian woman. The Episcopal informed the Catholic that a group of women in the Episcopal church had learned of the Rosary, had learned that it was permissible in the Episcopal church, and they wanted to begin praying it. She asked the Catholic to come to the group and instruct them. She prepared by learning of the Episcopalian version.

I am pretty sure that praying to the Budha, Confucious or Zeus would be permissible for Episcopalians.

Depends on the Episcopalians in question. Some are, indeed, quite ...open-minded.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:33 am 
There Can Be Only One

GKC wrote:
Highlander wrote:

Motley, them Anglicans. The rosary you would use, I warrant, differs not a whit from the one I got when I was born (wrap your head around that). Save that the cord is broken on my first one. My point was that Anglicans (generically) are a motley crew. The assistant priest at my parish uses your basic Rosary, not Anglican prayer beads. Has quite a devotion to the BVM, too.

Understood. My tale illuminates the practice of Episcopalians at one church ... of which I was formerly a member ... and, of which, the tidbit of the rosary tale was but a droplet in the ocean of pseudo-Christianity -- not necessarily in the pews, though it was evident among many, but from the pulpit, where is was ubiquitous. IMO.

It does not refer to the broader Anglican territory which, I have been informed, covers a spectrum of belief and practice.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:58 am 
Some Poor Bibliophile

Highlander wrote:
GKC wrote:
Highlander wrote:

Understood. My tale illuminates the practice of Episcopalians at one church ... of which I was formerly a member ... and, of which, the tidbit of the rosary tale was but a droplet in the ocean of pseudo-Christianity -- not necessarily in the pews, though it was evident among many, but from the pulpit, where is was ubiquitous. IMO.

It does not refer to the broader Anglican territory which, I have been informed, covers a spectrum of belief and practice.

Spectrum, indeed. And, from familial experience, the pulpit, indeed.