Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Grapevine
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:37 am 

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: Conf. SP
How do we get into the Church grapevine, the Church's "e-bay".

On occasion one hears of a Church being sold off, no word as to where the furnishings go. I have
decided to build a family chapel and would like furnishings. At a flea market I was fortunate to buy a 49inch plaster Mary statue
w/lighted halo and coronet that I restored, but I would like to shop for pews,railings,stained glass and pictures as well.

"Really, sometimes I think when it's too quiet up there you say to yourself, "What kind of mischief can I play on my friend Tevia" - Fiddler on the Roof

Post subject: Re: The Grapevine
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:20 am 
Some Poor Bibliophile

AndyF wrote:
How do we get into the Church grapevine, the Church's "e-bay".

On occasion one hears of a Church being sold off, no word as to where the furnishings go. I have
decided to build a family chapel and would like furnishings. At a flea market I was fortunate to buy a 49inch plaster Mary statue
w/lighted halo and coronet that I restored, but I would like to shop for pews,railings,stained glass and pictures as well.

My parish has used King Richard's a number of times. Purchased prie-dieux, altar items, holy water container, vestments.

http://www.kingrichards.com/store.php

GKC

And the sea rises higher."