Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rain from Heaven, A Novel About God's Mercy
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:30 pm 

Religion: Catholic
Announcing the publication of Rain from Heaven, my novel about God's mercy, available on Amazon Kindle here:

http://www.amazon.com/Rain-from-Heaven- ... B00DPO6A3E

The price is only $.99, and all net profits will be donated to charity. Here is your chance to read a story about God's mercy while also giving to a good cause.

What would you sacrifice to save the eternal soul of your enemy?

Dellan Whitcom has every reason to hate Eliat Rebysh, the man who has unleashed a deadly virus on the world. It has not only killed Dellan's parents and friends but threatens all of mankind. Rebysh also controls the only vaccine that can save everyone from certain death.

God chooses Dellan to destroy this nefarious evil, and the young man is delighted with the opportunity to exact revenge. But the more he strays from God's path of love, the more Dellan becomes like Rebysh, the object of his hatred. Before it is over, the life of the woman both men love hangs in the balance.

Only by making an extraordinary sacrifice will Dellan be able to destroy Rebysh's evil and free the world from a heinous plot that enslaves the entire population.

From one of the reviews:

I usually don't post reviews to books, but I have made an exception in this case. I not only enjoyed this book, but it has changed me for the better. So much of it spoke to me in a way I find difficult to put into words. It has touched a part of my heart that I did not know existed.

One sign of a good book for me is if I can identify with a character. No problem here; I identified with all three major characters and that is a new experience for me. These are vibrant, multi-faceted, changing people, and I found myself caring about what happens to them.

I loved the book so much that I shared it with a good friend. He said I am to blame for him staying up all night reading it and that it made him cry. How many novels make a man cry? I like the endings to the chapters - they made me want to turn the page (so to speak) and read more. Like my friend, I cried - especially at the ending (I won't say if it was because of sadness or joy or both).

You can read the prologue and the first four chapters free. Or, if you don't mind putting up with the ads that come with a free website, you can read the entire novel for free here:
http://ajavila.angelfire.com