Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 30 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:23 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Religion: Catholic
I personally think that priests and deacons would do well to make it a point not to just mention these things and then let them go.

Of course, that only works if the priests and deacons are completely faithful to Church teaching. If they pick and choose, the laity are going to feel free to pick and choose, too.

Also, pastoral committee members need to be examples, not obstacles. That's a big problem in my parish.

Dani

During His trials Our Lord would not respond to the chief priests (Mt 14:61), or Herod (Lk 23:9) or Pilate (Jn 19:9). Words had failed. All that could penetrate those hardened hearts was the witness of divine love, the offering of His life to the Father. So also for us — when words fail the greatest way to “win” an argument is by acts of love. - Fr. Paul Scalia

There is no law about nougatine. - Chef Stephane Glacier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:44 pm 
4-H Superstar
4-H Superstar

faithfulservant wrote:
so do you think it is apathy , disobedience, or forgetfulness?

In my parish, no one bows (except for my family and a handful of others) at the Incarnation, nor before receiving Communion. It's been announced almost monthly by our deacon the bows are required, so I'm guessing it's both apathy and disobedience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:55 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
:nono: :nooo: :nono:

De Maria numquam satis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:03 pm 
4-H Superstar
4-H Superstar

I'm not surprised, considering I'm in a parish that places great value on HHS music, especially the Mass of Creation :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:06 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
is there some other alternative... cuz we sure don't know it :roll:

De Maria numquam satis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:01 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Greetings,

You said: I wish that would happen here, as it is now very few make any sign during the Incarnation.

Response: I only wish that people would know what I was talking about when I said the word 'Incarnation'. They are thinking of some instant breakfast drink.

peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:06 pm 

TP wrote:
Greetings,

You said: I wish that would happen here, as it is now very few make any sign during the Incarnation.

Response: I only wish that people would know what I was talking about when I said the word 'Incarnation'. They are thinking of some instant breakfast drink.

peace

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that one.....maybe you can work the meaning into an upcoming homily father :)

SV

“Be sober and vigilant: because your enemy the devil, like a roaring lion, is roaming around seeking whom he might devour. Strong in faith, resist him knowing that the same affliction befalls your brethren who are in the world. ” 1 Peter 5:8-9.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:57 am 
4-H Superstar
4-H Superstar

TP wrote:
Greetings,

peace

Father, I'm with SV, as I don't know whether to laugh or cry. It's the result of poor catechesis, which will continue until we have orthodox CCD teachers as well as DRE's. My parish is churning out hundreds of cafeteria Catholics every year, because of our DRE :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:13 pm 
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Greetings,

I try to explain the word on a regular basis, but it seems to go shoooooom, right over their heads. Until it becomes meaningful, they won't remember it. I am also teaching the Angelus to many different people because the incarnation is at the center of this prayer as well.

We have about 25%(on a good day) to bow for the incarnation line. Even if I announce it immediately before the prayer we will only get half of the people doing it. People just outright IGNORE. They don't sing, they don't respond, they don't bow. Sometime I wonder why they are even there.

I love HOLY DAYS of obligation because the only people who are there are the people who really want to be there. The Church is very prayerful before, during and after mass on holy days with people responding and praying and not complaining about silence. Holy Days are great. To bad we keep moving them to sundays.

peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:06 pm 

I agree...the Holy Days need to remain separate from Sunday.

SV

“Be sober and vigilant: because your enemy the devil, like a roaring lion, is roaming around seeking whom he might devour. Strong in faith, resist him knowing that the same affliction befalls your brethren who are in the world. ” 1 Peter 5:8-9.

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 30 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2