Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Extraordinary Form Nuptial Mass
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:51 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Religion: Catholic
So I attended a Nuptial Mass in the EF two years ago and the bride and groom knelt the entire time (even though it was a High Mass) after their vows. However, the only place I can see a rubric on this is during the Pater Noster. It says that during the Pater Noster, the bridge and groom come forward to kneel before the priest so that he can do the traditional blessing of the wife. Are the bride and groom supposed to kneel for the entire Mass or just the parts when the congregation kneels (and for the blessing of the wife)?

[The bride and groom did not kneel for the vows, but the wedding vows take place prior to the Mass in the Extraordinary Form.]

Thanks!
Joe

ETA: I know there are not prescribed rubrics for the congregation per se - though there are for communicants of course. I know the congregation's posture is a matter of custom. I just imagine that at a nuptial Mass, things may be prescribed for the bride and groom.

"Be of good heart ... you who are children of Mary. Remember that she accepts as her children all those who choose to be so. Rejoice! Why do you fear to be lost, when such a a Mother defends and protects you?" - St. Alphonsus Liguori

"Blessed Virgin Mary - Immaculate Mother of God. Crushes Satan's head in her spare time." - CCB