Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 22 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: "...and became human" vs. - "...and became man."
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:41 am 
Adept
Adept

Religion: Christian
I bring discussion. Not contention.

Jesus, when he addressed the politicians said: " Render to God, that which is God's". He didnt say: Lets make a deal.
From the conversation above, I get the impression that in a number of instances the RCC is constrained in it's assignments of leadership (and its message by extension) by national / political considerations. In the example of Cardinal Marx that approach has allowed him to become a gate keeper/spiritual leader in the strongest country in the EU...and from the pulpit afforded him ... he seems to have coined a variation of the same theme (the destruction of God's family) as that of another individual of some prominence: "Hath God said" and "Thou shalt not die."

Jesus followed this axiom: "My ways are above your ways as the heavens are above the Earth." I dont see that politics (man's way) ever entered into his choice of leadership nor job assignment. By allowing politics into the mix, the current RCC approach seems to be fundamentally different from Jesus approach.

Additionally, based on Cardinal Marx's words, and Jesus ability to "look upon the heart" ... I seriously wonder if Jesus would have considered assigning him as one of those that originally took his message to the world. Jesus approach was to choose men of character and sound doctrine that focused exclusively on God's "kingdom coming and his will being done". Stephen, Paul, Phillip, James, Peter, Patrick as examples ... In each instance Jesus said expect resistance but stay focused... He never said negotiate nor allow deviation from the task based on circumstances, social norms, politics or personality.

At one point the record states that many left and quit following Jesus because of his stand. He didnt change his message nor his "ways" in order to accommodate man's ways.

God said "I do a new thing". It just seem like, from what I read in above posts that the RCC is reverting to the 'same old thing' that required a savior in the first place.

Jesus' thoughts on the subject were brief and direct: "Remember the word that I said to you, 'A slave is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also. John 15:20

But our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, our Lord Jesus Christ, Philippians 3:20

Post subject: Re: "...and became human" vs. - "...and became man."
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:45 pm 
Master
Master

Religion: Catholic
EtcumSpiri22-0 wrote:
I bring discussion. Not contention.

Jesus, when he addressed the politicians said: " Render to God, that which is God's". He didnt say: Lets make a deal.
From the conversation above, I get the impression that in a number of instances the RCC is constrained in it's assignments of leadership (and its message by extension) by national / political considerations. In the example of Cardinal Marx that approach has allowed him to become a gate keeper/spiritual leader in the strongest country in the EU...and from the pulpit afforded him ... he seems to have coined a variation of the same theme (the destruction of God's family) as that of another individual of some prominence: "Hath God said" and "Thou shalt not die."

Jesus followed this axiom: "My ways are above your ways as the heavens are above the Earth." I dont see that politics (man's way) ever entered into his choice of leadership nor job assignment. By allowing politics into the mix, the current RCC approach seems to be fundamentally different from Jesus approach.

Additionally, based on Cardinal Marx's words, and Jesus ability to "look upon the heart" ... I seriously wonder if Jesus would have considered assigning him as one of those that originally took his message to the world. Jesus approach was to choose men of character and sound doctrine that focused exclusively on God's "kingdom coming and his will being done". Stephen, Paul, Phillip, James, Peter, Patrick as examples ... In each instance Jesus said expect resistance but stay focused... He never said negotiate nor allow deviation from the task based on circumstances, social norms, politics or personality.

At one point the record states that many left and quit following Jesus because of his stand. He didnt change his message nor his "ways" in order to accommodate man's ways.

God said "I do a new thing". It just seem like, from what I read in above posts that the RCC is reverting to the 'same old thing' that required a savior in the first place.

Jesus' thoughts on the subject were brief and direct: "Remember the word that I said to you, 'A slave is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also. John 15:20

Politics has corrupted the Catholic Church just as it has corrupted many Christians, especially in the United States. One of the most diabolical aspects of the politicization of Christianity is that it robs doctrine of Charity (the Virtue as defined by the RCC, not modern definition) so that the Doctrine becomes lifeless and legalistic. This is prone to happening with fiercely conservative (distinct from Orthodox) Catholics.

The other side is the liberal Christians who have such a vague notion of Charity, that it ends up becoming no charity at all, but rather reckless permissiveness. They preach Mercy, but they don't know what they need Mercy for.

Jesus also chose Judas and a highly intelligent Catholic Scholar (Fr. John Hardon, SJ) once said, "the story of Judas is to warn us of apostate Bishops."

Absolutely.

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 22 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2