Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Changes
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:22 am 

Religion: Catholic
“As music incites to dancing, so religion would lead to images; but as dancing does not improve music to those who do not like dancing, so ceremonies do not improve religion to those who do not like ceremonies." (John Henry Newman)

After these Easter Ceremonies I can't help but still long for the old days, with Gregorian chant. As a young boy and an altar server I used to long for the Easter ceremonies even the very long ones (three hours plus) on Saturday. I realize the church must move with the times but perhaps we have lost too much.

Post subject: Re: The Changes
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:20 pm 
Corporate Minion Moderator
Corporate Minion Moderator

Religion: Finally Catholic!
Church Affiliations: Legion of Mary, SVdP
Today, we attended Mass at a little downtown San Antonio church built in the 1870's by their German community (it's one of the famous Texas "Painted Churches"). The Stations of the Cross are in English and German. Today (as they do every 4th Sunday), the parish's Liederkranz sang...in English, German, and Latin. It was wonderful! :cloud9:

Commit to the Image

formerly "ghall512"--Thanks for the idea, arkcatholic! :clap: