Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 26 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Since Vatican II
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:10 am 
Citizen
Citizen

Religion: Catholic
Mrs. Timmy wrote:
I know Victoria well; I used to teach in Region XIII ages ago. It's a beautiful town, even if y'all did keep electing that kook Ron Paul. But I digress.

You mean Region III? Region XIII is in Austin, but perhaps you had to saunter through on occasion. You may know it has expanded. They now have conference rooms and more offices on the former Victoria HS campus.

Ron Paul has gone a bit overboard lately. Interestingly, he was my congressman in Houston before I moved to Victoria.

The town lost its only major bookstore, leaving us with a store for used books. On the plus side, UH-Victoria keeps growing and growing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:18 am 
Corporate Minion Moderator

Religion: Finally Catholic!
Church Affiliations: Legion of Mary, SVdP
Riverboat wrote:
Mrs. Timmy wrote:
I know Victoria well; I used to teach in Region XIII ages ago. It's a beautiful town, even if y'all did keep electing that kook Ron Paul. But I digress.

You mean Region III? Region XIII is in Austin, but perhaps you had to saunter through on occasion. You may know it has expanded. They now have conference rooms and more offices on the former Victoria HS campus.

Ron Paul has gone a bit overboard lately. Interestingly, he was my congressman in Houston before I moved to Victoria.

The town lost its only major bookstore, leaving us with a store for used books. On the plus side, UH-Victoria keeps growing and growing.

I did mean Region III, sorry. I taught at Rice CISD. We went to Victoria for in-service.

Commit to the Image

formerly "ghall512"--Thanks for the idea, arkcatholic! :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:19 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Mrs. Timmy wrote:
We went to Victoria for in-service.
Rice Con, eh? Well, that's a little out of the way for in-service. Me, I would go out my way to avoid in-service.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:32 pm 

Riverboat wrote:
Mrs. Timmy wrote:
We went to Victoria for in-service.
Rice Con, eh? Well, that's a little out of the way for in-service. Me, I would go out my way to avoid in-service.

I enjoy ANY opportunity to travel at my employer's expense, rare as they are. We always had a lot of fun on those road trips. I would get irritated by the thought police at ESC, though. They were downright savage toward the men. That would always tick me off.

Commit to the Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:55 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Mrs. Timmy wrote:
I enjoy ANY opportunity to travel at my employer's expense, rare as they are. We always had a lot of fun on those road trips. I would get irritated by the thought police at ESC, though.

Oh, sure. I took any opportunity to attend something out of town. Who would pass up an opportunity to eat fabulously at company expense AND get out of the classroom?

The people at ESC - well, anybody with the temerity to tell teachers how to do their job - are a breed apart. I looked for opportunities to get even, though. Once I wrote a movie review of an in-service presentation. Anything to kill time and have fun at their expense.

Last edited by Riverboat on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:21 pm 

The matrons at Region III lost my respect when they started a two-day inservice by spending several minutes giving meticulous directions to several ladies' rooms throughout the building, then saying "Guys, we don't know where the men's rooms are, so you're on your own." Gee, talk about your warm welcome. :nooo:

Commit to the Image

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 26 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2