Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Anti-Chritian Practices
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:28 pm 

Religion: Catholic
i get the feeling that this is the board where i should have posted my earlier messages.. my posts resulted in upset replies.. my catholic training was in the 50s and 60s, and i thought the views of pope john xxiii were extreme, like changing the mass from latin to english.. as an altar boy, i worked long and hard on memorizing the latin, and he took it away, just like that.. so, my post is about anti-christian practices.. actions that appear innocent and sometimes fun, but actually violate tenets of christianity and open the door, if slightly, to allow evil access to our souls.. this isnt what i believe, this is what the church of rome says.. the following is a partial list of those (recreational) pastimes which are contradictory to church teaching and sacraments:

astrology, numerology, phrenology, palmistry, kirlian photography, astral projection, channeling, reincarnation, tarot, seances, ouija boards, satanic rituals, voodoo, santeria, fortune-telling..

im not saying those who attend these rituals are condemned. im saying the church does not condone or accept these practices as acceptable.. the point is, these rituals proclaim a higher deity than God for helping those who ask for it.. it is asking for spiritual assistance from those spirits other than those sanctioned by the church and God.. God, and those who are accepted as intercessors on man's behalf, are the only entities who may speak for man and his needs, and the only spirits man can appeal to for help.. anything else is NOT blessed of the church, and can only be steps to anti-christianity, and thereafter lies evil and hell.. the occult, supernatural and other like interests cannot benefit man but only jeopardize his descent into dark places.. i hope this doesnt include watching scary movies, or im really, really dead..

but, i could be wrong!

Post subject: Re: Anti-Chritian Practices
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:10 pm 

Remoat,

Using all caps is considered shouting. I changed it to reflect a combination of upper and lowercase. ~Mod

A modern day Shunamite woman. (2 Kgs. 4:26)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:29 pm 
Board Administrator
Board Administrator

This is the second time you have been asked to stop using all caps. Please stop now or we will put you on post moderation and just disapprove any post you make that starts that way. Thanks.

Zeno
DCF Board Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:42 pm 
Corporate Minion Moderator

Religion: Finally Catholic!
Church Affiliations: Legion of Mary, SVdP
remoat wrote:
mr. zeno, sir,

Not a good way to get on her good side. :fyi: Arguing with her (or any of our other mods, who are mostly women, btw), even less so. :nono:

remoat wrote:
but, i could be am wrong!

FTFY :wave

Commit to the Image

formerly "ghall512"--Thanks for the idea, arkcatholic! :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:43 am 
Board Administrator
Board Administrator

Clearly you don't have any intent to make a positive contribution to our community. Please find someplace else to disrupt.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:52 am 
Board Administrator
Board Administrator

And for those who might be wondering. ..what Mrs. Timmy quoted was the opening line of a rather rude rant. That is what got our friend banned.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:08 am 

Religion: Finally Catholic!
Church Affiliations: Legion of Mary, SVdP
But, I have the unshakeable feeling that remoat has felt the sting of the :banned before.

Commit to the Image

formerly "ghall512"--Thanks for the idea, arkcatholic! :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:09 am 
Sons of Thunder
Sons of Thunder

Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus, SVdP
Zeno wrote:
And for those who might be wondering. ..what Mrs. Timmy quoted was the opening line of a rather rude rant. That is what got our friend banned.

Perhaps not for the first time.

It is true that all roads to success are under construction. It is easy to say because, in this city, all roads are under construction. The real surprise is that success lies not in the road, but in the destination. If you don't go to heaven, your life is a failure!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:48 am 
Majesty
Majesty

It took me quite a while to realize caps were considered shouting. (I may be a little slow)
How did this come about? Did someone sit down one day ans say: Lets proclaim from now on that caps are rude and shouting.
Who decides?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:20 am 
Defender
Defender

I'm not sure. 2000 years ago, lower case letters did not exist.

Romans and Greeks had to write in all caps.

In any case, I heard a policeman fatally shot a deaf man for shouting.

Vietnamese - Mother's Heart Will Conquer.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:36 am 
Defender
Defender

Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus 4th Degree
MaraTom wrote:
It took me quite a while to realize caps were considered shouting. (I may be a little slow)
How did this come about? Did someone sit down one day ans say: Lets proclaim from now on that caps are rude and shouting.
Who decides?

It has been a common rule on the Internet for years, not just on DCF.

For you love all things that are, and hate none of the things which you have made: for you did not appoint, or make anything hating it. Wisdom 11:25

profile photo credit: taken by Ralf Brown at Pitt Stop Lindy Hop, November 19, 2016. Full gallery: http://ralf.zenfolio.com/dance/pittstop ... ay_evening

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:43 am 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
MaraTom wrote:
How did this come about? Did someone sit down one-day ans say: Let's proclaim from now on that caps are rude and shouting?
Who decides?

How else is one supposed to interpret all caps? Trying reading something written in all caps and see if it's possible for you to interpret it as anything other than yelling. Let me give you an example, a simple sentence.

Don't you get it? I made a joke, it's supposed to be humorous.

That doesn't seem that bad does it? Now let me write the same statement in all caps

DON'T YOU GET IT? I MADE A JOKE, IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE HUMOROUS.

Both sentences are the same, but the first one seems polite, the second one seems antagonistic and even insulting.

The only difference between the two is that the second statement is in all caps.

There's also the fact that writing in all caps can be extremely difficult to read, so writing a long paragraph in all caps is rather rude because people are going to have a hard time reading it.

It's also easier to read text which is all lower case than it is to read text which is all upper case, so if you're going to avoid switching back and forth from upper case to lower case, maybe because one is a really bad typist, then it is definitely much better to write everything in all lower case than to write it in all caps.

Therefore.....let it burn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:12 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
thank ya, thank ya very much 8-) ::):

De Maria numquam satis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:00 pm 
The Exterminator

Religion: Númenórean Catholic
I know I'm just weird, but all caps has never caused an emotional response in me. I just see it as letters either way. I can read it just as well, but I can also read upside down and backwards pretty well.

- Justice Scalia, dissent, King v. Burwell.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:18 pm 
Our Lady's Gladiator
Our Lady's Gladiator

Church Affiliations: 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus
:iws

De Maria numquam satis