The Catholic Message Board
http://forums.avemariaradio.net/

You know your getting old when...
http://forums.avemariaradio.net/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=153081
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Jakub [ Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:19 pm ]
Post subject:  You know your getting old when...

You forgot the magazine plug was still in your Remington 870 :roll:

Author:  Mrs. Timmy [ Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You know your getting old when...

*you're*

Hopefully, you didn't find out about the mag plug the hard way... :shock:

Author:  Jakub [ Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You know your getting old when...

ghall512 wrote:
*you're*

Hopefully, you didn't find out about the mag plug the hard way... :shock:


Lucky...switching home protection protocols

Guess more coffee is needed to improve grammar...

Author:  Mrs. Timmy [ Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You know your getting old when...

More coffee is the solution to almost everything, Jakub! :cloud9:

Author:  ironlung [ Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You know your getting old when...

You know you're getting old when all the cars at the 'Classic Car Show' are cars that you saw roll out of the showroom...

Author:  flyingaway [ Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You know your getting old when...

Mrs. Timmy wrote:
More coffee is the solution to almost everything, Jakub! :cloud9:



laugh

that's my line.

they used to think coffee was unhealthy but now they are saying it has lots of good antioxidants and also, it helps w/ depression.

Author:  flyingaway [ Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You know your getting old when...

you know you are old when you can't remember whether or not you locked the door

5 minutes after doing so

and you're really old when this happens every day..

then again, maybe you are not old so much as.. distracted, absent-minded (which are signs of genius)

laugh

Author:  Speed Racer [ Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You know your getting old when...

flyingaway wrote:
you know you are old when you can't remember whether or not you locked the door

5 minutes after doing so

and you're really old when this happens every day..

then again, maybe you are not old so much as.. distracted, absent-minded (which are signs of genius)

laugh


That happens to me frequently. I lock the door. Go down to the elevator, and the thought comes to me. "Did I lock the door?" I go back, and confirm it's locked.

Usually only have to go back to confirm it once, though.

Author:  Doom [ Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You know your getting old when...

You know you're getting old when you forget your glasses at home, but this isn't a problem because you have a spare pair of glasses in your locker at work.


This is exactly what happened to me today. Yes, forgetting my glasses is something that happens so often that I actually have a contingency plan in place to deal with it. And this is not the first time I've had to use that spare pair of glasses in my locker either.

Author:  flyingaway [ Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You know your getting old when...

gh
Quote:

That happens to me frequently. I lock the door. Go down to the elevator, and the thought comes to me. "Did I lock the door?" I go back, and confirm it's locked.

Usually only have to go back to confirm it once, though.



laugh. Do you go into another room of your house/apt intent on getting some item

and 2 seconds later can't recall what you went to retrieve? And then it takes about 1/2 hour to remember. (not laugh)

:mrgreen:

Author:  CatholicFireman [ Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You know your getting old when...

I work with people who weren't even born when I started. In my last department I remember some babies being born who now work there (and their fathers are retired). :roll:

Author:  flyingaway [ Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You know your getting old when...

Doom wrote:
You know you're getting old when you forget your glasses at home, but this isn't a problem because you have a spare pair of glasses in your locker at work.

r.
you know
You are super old when you can't NOT remember your glasses

In other words, you aren't going anywhere without them because everything is a big blur

Author:  Mary Ruth [ Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You know your getting old when...

I knew that I was getting old the first time a student said "You taught my mother"!

Variations of this theme include calling a parent and discovering that the mother was a girl who had been in my class and homeroom and watching my godchild (whose mother was also a former student) walk into my classroom.

Author:  anawim [ Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: You know your getting old when...

I knew I was old when someone said, 'remember when the Berlin Wall came down?', and I said, 'I remember when it went up'.

Author:  Riverboat [ Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: You know your getting old when...

When you get to be my age, you find a lot of your stories begin with "When you get to be my age."

I turn another year older in a couple of days, and the time I spend in the schools as a sub/retired teacher, the happier I am that I'm not them.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/