Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 22 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Online prescription eyeglasses
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:22 pm 
Trophy Dwarf
Trophy Dwarf

Religion: Catholic Convert
Church Affiliations: Dorothy Day Guild
MrZoom wrote:
I had my annual eye exam at Sears Optical this morning, and my eyesight is BETTER than it was last time. I ordered a new pair of specs through them, and with my insurance (which is basically a vision benefit that came with my dental insurance) I saved about $100 off a $300 pair of glasses, lenses included. Since my new prescription is not as strong I will have no problem waiting 7 to 10 days for the new pair to come in.

I've been going to Sears since 2009 for my eye exams, IIRC, and this is the second time I've surprised the optometrist with an improvement in my vision. :D He said he thought for sure I'd be in bifocals by now.

You likely could have purchased those glasses for $50 from Zenni.

ETA, my optometrist said it is normal - around age 40 - for eyesight to improve :)

Post subject: Re: Online prescription eyeglasses
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:59 pm 
Defender
Defender

Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: Knights of Columbus 4th Degree
Well, I'll be 42 in October, so I guess that fits.

As for Zenni ... I went and looked at the site, and I am not sure I would be comfortable with ordering glasses without the opportunity to try them on first. Some things I think it is worth paying more for in-person service, and this is one of them. YMMV.

For you love all things that are, and hate none of the things which you have made: for you did not appoint, or make anything hating it. Wisdom 11:25

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 22 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2