The Catholic Message Board
http://forums.avemariaradio.net/

"OLD Guys and Gals - 40 plus" You have to be kidding!
http://forums.avemariaradio.net/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=139140
Page 1 of 5

Author:  The Old Medic [ Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:50 am ]
Post subject:  "OLD Guys and Gals - 40 plus" You have to be kidding!

40 is NOT old. Neither is 50. 60 doesn't have to be old.

Old is an attitude, not an age level. We have to members of our parish that are both over 90 years of age, but neither of them is OLD. They both have a great outlook on life, they enjoy themselves and they are still engaged in life to the fullest.

You can be "old" at 15 if you refuse to be a part of life.

Nobody should ever be considered "older" at 40. That is literally the prime of life. I remember when I was a teen, 40-50 seemed ancient. But, when i got to my late 30's, I was really amazed at how many really beautiful women there were in their 40's and older. How many of my friends were getting more handsome, instead of looking "old".

Please, change the listing of this forum to just "The over 40 group", and take that "older" part off. It is insulting, and it is simply wrong.

Author:  anna1978 [ Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "OLD Guys and Gals - 40 plus" You have to be kidding!

I'm 40, but don't feel 'ancient' yet :mrgreen:

Author:  Doom [ Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "OLD Guys and Gals - 40 plus" You have to be kidding!

The Old Medic wrote:
It is insulting, and it is simply wrong.



Or you could get a sense of humor and stop being so defensive and judgmental....(behaviors which, by the way, according to your definition, make you 'old').

Author:  GKC [ Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "OLD Guys and Gals - 40 plus" You have to be kidding!

My mother used to say that I was 32 at my birth. Which makes me 98, as of right now.

GKC

Author:  Doom [ Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "OLD Guys and Gals - 40 plus" You have to be kidding!

GKC wrote:
My mother used to say that I was 32 at my birth. Which makes me 98, as of right now.

GKC


Still not as old as I was at birth, I've often been told I was already a crotchety old man of about 90 even when I was born...

Author:  GKC [ Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "OLD Guys and Gals - 40 plus" You have to be kidding!

Doom wrote:
GKC wrote:
My mother used to say that I was 32 at my birth. Which makes me 98, as of right now.

GKC


Still not as old as I was at birth, I've often been told I was already a crotchety old man of about 90 even when I was born...



The crotchety part came later, for me. I was mature, dignified, restrained, and bookish, from birth.

GKC

Author:  The Old Medic [ Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "OLD Guys and Gals - 40 plus" You have to be kidding!

I have an excellent sense of humor, and and find many things amusing in life.

I do NOT however find having people telling us that 40 is "old" amusing. There is absolutely nothing "Old" about that age, unless the person claiming that it is is mentally about 6 years old.

Author:  faithfulservant [ Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "OLD Guys and Gals - 40 plus" You have to be kidding!

calm down medic.... it's just that i would imagine there are more folk on this board under 40 than over 40...so i'm pretty sure that was the reason that 40 was chosen...it ain't that bigga deal...don't sweat the small stuff :fyi: :wave

Author:  MySweetLord [ Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "OLD Guys and Gals - 40 plus" You have to be kidding!

All in good fun :)

Author:  Doom [ Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "OLD Guys and Gals - 40 plus" You have to be kidding!

The Old Medic wrote:
I have an excellent sense of humor, and and find many things amusing in life.

I do NOT however find having people telling us that 40 is "old" amusing. There is absolutely nothing "Old" about that age, unless the person claiming that it is is mentally about 6 years old.


And then you go on an even more extreme rant which shows just how little you 'get it'....let me put this as simply as I can:

Lighten up

Author:  Jakub [ Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "OLD Guys and Gals - 40 plus" You have to be kidding!

Forty was a good age...

Author:  Bombadil [ Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "OLD Guys and Gals - 40 plus" You have to be kidding!

The Old Medic wrote:
40 is NOT old. Neither is 50. 60 doesn't have to be old.

Old is an attitude, not an age level. We have to members of our parish that are both over 90 years of age, but neither of them is OLD. They both have a great outlook on life, they enjoy themselves and they are still engaged in life to the fullest.

You can be "old" at 15 if you refuse to be a part of life.

Nobody should ever be considered "older" at 40. That is literally the prime of life. I remember when I was a teen, 40-50 seemed ancient. But, when i got to my late 30's, I was really amazed at how many really beautiful women there were in their 40's and older. How many of my friends were getting more handsome, instead of looking "old".

Please, change the listing of this forum to just "The over 40 group", and take that "older" part off. It is insulting, and it is simply wrong.

Somebody's a little grouchy today. Image

Author:  faithfulservant [ Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "OLD Guys and Gals - 40 plus" You have to be kidding!

Jakub wrote:
Forty was a good age...


you can remember 40 :shock: :wave

Author:  Jakub [ Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "OLD Guys and Gals - 40 plus" You have to be kidding!

faithfulservant wrote:
Jakub wrote:
Forty was a good age...


you can remember 40 :shock: :wave


Work wise yes... :shock:

Author:  elfdream [ Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "OLD Guys and Gals - 40 plus" You have to be kidding!

My twenty year old son is already a 50 year old curmudgeon.

Author:  Person [ Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "OLD Guys and Gals - 40 plus" You have to be kidding!

I admit to feeling much older at 40 than I did at 20 or 30. Chronologically I'm in my early forties, but Dr. Oz would probably say my real body age is 102. Out of a dozen aunts and uncles only two lived over the age of sixty, so there's a good chance I'm past middle age. I belong in the cellar with the curmudgeon winoes. I've become a lot more vocal and intolerant in my old age. And I like it.

:twisted:

Author:  GKC [ Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "OLD Guys and Gals - 40 plus" You have to be kidding!

elfdream wrote:
My twenty year old son is already a 50 year old curmudgeon.


Exactly how I started out.

GKC

Author:  redlandsjames [ Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "OLD Guys and Gals - 40 plus" You have to be kidding!

I couldn't wait to turn 40. It is a good age !

Author:  lbt [ Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "OLD Guys and Gals - 40 plus" You have to be kidding!

Pope Benedict XVI is almost 85 years old. He just met Fidel Castro a few days ago, also almost 85 years old. You can watch the following video:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2 ... stro-video

Author:  SimplySadie [ Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "OLD Guys and Gals - 40 plus" You have to be kidding!

I'm 44 and crunchy old. Just ask my knees ::):

Page 1 of 5 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/