Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 27 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Just picked up progressive lens glasses
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:08 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Religion: Catholic
working4christ wrote:
Quote:
="MySweetLord"]I tried contacts and glasses in my 20's, but I was able to go without anything for several years, after I became a stay-at-home mom. One eye is good for distance, one for reading. At 48, however, time is catching up with me
I understand there's an adjustment period. Wish me luck!

I'm sure its just me; but I'm 68 and been wearing them for "ever" [maybe even longer than that.] And I'm still adjusting. :pray:

hang in there ::):

God Bless,
pat: working4christ

I refuse to be defeated. ::):

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:45 pm 
Potty Hollerer
Potty Hollerer

Person wrote:
I recently got my first pair of bifocals/progressive lenses. I haven't had a lot of problems adjusting, but I think the prescription is out of whack. Small print that's at arms length looks crisper, but I have to take off my glasses to small print when it's up close to my face. I thought that's what these glasses were supposed to make better . . . :scratch:.

I usually have to have mine redone 2-3 times - just a hair's difference in the height of where the lenses change
can make all the difference in the world.

L.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:06 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Linsou wrote:
Person wrote:
I recently got my first pair of bifocals/progressive lenses. I haven't had a lot of problems adjusting, but I think the prescription is out of whack. Small print that's at arms length looks crisper, but I have to take off my glasses to small print when it's up close to my face. I thought that's what these glasses were supposed to make better . . . :scratch:.

I usually have to have mine redone 2-3 times - just a hair's difference in the height of where the lenses change

L.

One of my problems is that I got lenses that are just about as small as you can go with progressives. Maybe I'd be happier if I'd got a big honkin' pair.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:24 pm 
Potty Hollerer
Potty Hollerer

MySweetLord wrote:
Linsou wrote:
Person wrote:

L.

One of my problems is that I got lenses that are just about as small as you can go with progressives. Maybe I'd be happier if I'd got a big honkin' pair.

Very true!
In fact, they never could get my last ones right in the smaller lenses - I have to get a separate pair for distance and for readers. (I had Lasik - I have monovision). The bad thing with the distance glasses is, if I use them for driving then things in the car are blurry.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:37 pm 
Handmaids of the Lord
Handmaids of the Lord

Just wait a while. I'm in the middle of cataract surgery, had one eye done, and the other will be done in 2 weeks. After which I will only have to wear readers. I'm very happy about that since I've worn glasses/contacts full time since 7th grade, quite a few years ago.

Peace,
Lnda

Roma locutus est, causa finita est.

For DCF children Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:23 pm 
Potty Hollerer
Potty Hollerer

Ah. Cataract surgery. My dh may be facing that before too long.
Hope you have success with both eyes - and get to graduate to the readers only.

L.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:42 pm 

The cost of a pair of glasses increases with age.
:shock:

PAX
:cloud9:

Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 2   [ 27 posts ]   Go to page Previous  1, 2