Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Parables
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:18 pm 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
So I've been reading up on the parables, and I've noticed something, despite the revival of Catholic Biblical scholars following World War II, and despite all the work being done by Catholic scholars on the Bible today, it doesn't seem that there are any Catholic books on the parables.

All I can find are liberal scholars like Joachim Jeremias who take a minimal approach to the parables and want to deny that most of them originated with Christ or evangelical scholars like Bloomberg or Snodgrass who want to interpret them all through the lens of evangelical theology.

Isn't there a single Catholic book on the parables that was written this century?

Therefore.....let it burn.

Post subject: Re: The Parables
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:35 am 

Religion: Catholic
The title is misleading: Hints of Heaven (The Parables of Jesus) by Fr George Rutler, but this may be what you are looking for. I noticed a good review on http://www.catholicexchange.com, but admit I haven't bought the book yet.

Post subject: Re: The Parables
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:46 am 
King of Cool

Religion: Anticukite Catholic
Wow, I asked for a book written this century, and you responded with a book written this year! You delivered! Thank you.

Therefore.....let it burn.