The Catholic Message Board
http://forums.avemariaradio.net/

What are you reading?
http://forums.avemariaradio.net/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=78413
Page 37 of 46

Author:  Ancient Oracle [ Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What are you reading?

Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
I disagree with gherkin. :fyi: :cloud9:


That never happens!

Author:  Ancient Oracle [ Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What are you reading?

Not sure how a thread entitled What are you reading becomes a discussion on the Beatles.

Perhaps we all might find some connection with the following...

Quote:
But the fool on the hill,
Sees the sun going down,
And the eyes in his head,
See the world spinning 'round.

Author:  faithfulservant [ Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What are you reading?

Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
I disagree with gherkin. :fyi: :cloud9:


i was wondering where you have been :wink: :wave

Author:  gherkin [ Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What are you reading?

He doesn't really disagree with me, he's just saying that. :fyi:

Author:  Obi-Wan Kenobi [ Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What are you reading?

I disagree with gherkin. :fyi: :cloud9:

Author:  Obi-Wan Kenobi [ Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What are you reading?

Ancient Oracle wrote:
Not sure how a thread entitled What are you reading becomes a discussion on the Beatles.

I agree with Ancient Oracle. :fyi:

Author:  gherkin [ Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What are you reading?

Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
I disagree with gherkin. :fyi: :cloud9:

He doesn't really disagree with me, he's just saying that. :fyi:

Author:  gherkin [ Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What are you reading?

Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Ancient Oracle wrote:
Not sure how a thread entitled What are you reading becomes a discussion on the Beatles.

I agree with Ancient Oracle. :fyi:

It's very easy to make virtually any thread into a thread about the Beatles. :fyi:

Author:  gurneyhalleck1 [ Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What are you reading?

Not sure how a reading thread turns into a Beatles thread? Go back and read the posts and you'll figure out this difficult mystery! :P

And yes, any thread can turn into a Fab 4 gab fest! Perhaps we can turn the next topic into a Led Zeppelin discussion! ::):

Author:  Sinty [ Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What are you reading?

So, I'm reading Idylls of the King. I just started it (literally; I'm three stanzas into The Coming of Arthur), but I think I'll enjoy it. It's been a while since blank verse and I have met outside of the classroom. One thing is sure: this is definitely going to be more enjoyable than Le Morte d'Arthur; regardless of the antiquated words, I just didn't find the style appealing.

Author:  gurneyhalleck1 [ Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What are you reading?

I'm reading about the Beatles! ::):

Author:  Peregrinator [ Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What are you reading?

Sinty wrote:
So, I'm reading Idylls of the King. I just started it (literally; I'm three stanzas into The Coming of Arthur), but I think I'll enjoy it. It's been a while since blank verse and I have met outside of the classroom. One thing is sure: this is definitely going to be more enjoyable than Le Morte d'Arthur; regardless of the antiquated words, I just didn't find the style appealing.

Have you read The Once and Future King? Worth a look if you like Arthuriana.

Author:  GKC [ Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What are you reading?

Bagheera wrote:
Sinty wrote:
So, I'm reading Idylls of the King. I just started it (literally; I'm three stanzas into The Coming of Arthur), but I think I'll enjoy it. It's been a while since blank verse and I have met outside of the classroom. One thing is sure: this is definitely going to be more enjoyable than Le Morte d'Arthur; regardless of the antiquated words, I just didn't find the style appealing.

Have you read The Once and Future King? Worth a look if you like Arthuriana.



Concur.

Hic iacet Arthurus, rex quondam, rexque futurus.


Ah, if Highlander were only here.

GKC

Author:  gurneyhalleck1 [ Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What are you reading?

There can be only one, McCleod!!!!

GKC wrote:
Bagheera wrote:
Sinty wrote:
So, I'm reading Idylls of the King. I just started it (literally; I'm three stanzas into The Coming of Arthur), but I think I'll enjoy it. It's been a while since blank verse and I have met outside of the classroom. One thing is sure: this is definitely going to be more enjoyable than Le Morte d'Arthur; regardless of the antiquated words, I just didn't find the style appealing.

Have you read The Once and Future King? Worth a look if you like Arthuriana.



Concur.

Hic iacet Arthurus, rex quondam, rexque futurus.


Ah, if Highlander were only here.

GKC

Author:  GKC [ Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What are you reading?

gurneyhalleck1 wrote:
There can be only one, McCleod!!!!

You'll have to take that up with him.


GKC wrote:
Bagheera wrote:
Sinty wrote:
So, I'm reading Idylls of the King. I just started it (literally; I'm three stanzas into The Coming of Arthur), but I think I'll enjoy it. It's been a while since blank verse and I have met outside of the classroom. One thing is sure: this is definitely going to be more enjoyable than Le Morte d'Arthur; regardless of the antiquated words, I just didn't find the style appealing.

Have you read The Once and Future King? Worth a look if you like Arthuriana.



Concur.

Hic iacet Arthurus, rex quondam, rexque futurus.


Ah, if Highlander were only here.

GKC

Author:  gurneyhalleck1 [ Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What are you reading?

assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit

Author:  GKC [ Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What are you reading?

gurneyhalleck1 wrote:
assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit


True.

GKC

Author:  randyengland [ Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What are you reading?

Defending the Free Market: The Moral Case for a Free Economy, by Robert J Sirico

Author:  gurneyhalleck1 [ Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What are you reading?

Was the foreward on it written by Rush Limbaugh or the Koch Brothers? :P

randyengland wrote:

Author:  Sinty [ Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What are you reading?

Just finished the Idylls. Wow, "The Passing of Arthur" was great! Especially that last stanza of Arthur's. Quite a few famous quotes, and a few that should be more famous. I also liked "The Holy Grail", "Lancelot and Elaine" and "Guinevere".

Now I'm about to start The Sultan's Shadow, about a nineteenth-century Sultan of Zanzibar and his daughter who eloped with a German and converted to Christianity. Should be good; Arab culture interests me.

Page 37 of 46 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/