Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 'Face to Face with Jesus: a Former Muslim's Extraordinary...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:20 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Religion: Roman Catholic
John C Wright had mentioned this book a couple of years back.
A Muslim girl's conversion to Christianity.

It includes a few digs at the eastern Orthodox being unable to impress her with its outward piousness while the evangelical won her over with their inner warmth. She contrasts the religiosity of the Eastern Orthodox with the personal relationship with Jesus of the evangelical church.... to the slighting of the former.

But a couple of times she explicitly criticizes religion while espousing something like an evangelical approach to a personal relationship with Jesus.

Alittle taken aback that John C Wright didn't comment on this.
But that he was consigning on this book won over my interest.

There are some fantastical stories of miraculous healings in the book. Not that miracles can't happen, but I'm struggling to see what Wright saw in this book that isn't in many similar books where most would be a bit more incredulous at the written claims.

Post subject: Re: 'Face to Face with Jesus: a Former Muslim's Extraordinar
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:48 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Religion: Catholic
Many thanks for a great post. I am on my way to add this to my wish list and look for reviews. What a great act of courage and love it must have been for her to write this. I think the title is worth a great deal of thought by would-be Evangelists (ie all Christians). Many times I've tried to imagine myself being face to face with Jesus; it is a truly beautiful expression of the ultimate success in all of our efforts of Evangelism, Catechism, and Ecumenism. It seems a very strange coincidence that for a couple of weeks I have had a web search copy on my desk to remind me to find and try to understand better Scripture passages about seeing God face to face.