Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Return of the Prodigal Son
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:37 pm 
Citizen
Citizen

Religion: Catholic
In confession 2 weeks ago and my local priest, new to our parish, invited me to join, allow him to spiritual reading for my first assignment, if you will, for spiritual direction he is helping me with. After speaking with him for about an hour he asked me to read a book, in particular because of where my current mind's direction (which is amusing after 65 years of hyperlexic mind intonations) has lead my path.

I expect you folks are familiar, but I was not , with a author and priest Henri J.M. Nouwen and book entitled The Return of the Prodigal Son. Perhaps just a coincidence of faith but this is my favorite of all Christ's stories and my priest Father Cipole could not have known this.

The writing is amazing. His interactions and interpolations of the younger son, the father and the elder son are just wonderfully illuminating, far beyond the standard stuff I'd known all these years pertaining to the story. Mostly via, because of how his reaction and absolute love of Rembrandt's 2nd painting of the Prodigal Son so deeply affected him in both an artistic and spiritual concern.

I would endorse any one in here to get a copy and more fully enjoy and further learn how this great story that so fully effects ourselves in our every day lives, and how we can put these lessons for us to best use, for the love of God (The Father) through his Son in the unity of their Holy Spirit.