Login Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]   
Author Message
 Post subject: Denzinger's Enchiridion
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:37 pm 
Offline
Citizen
Citizen

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:15 am
Posts: 224
Location: Off in the hills
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: KoC, Legion of Mary
Anyone have a preferred edition or publisher for this? I am trying to figure out which copy to buy. (Also, is there a reliable run of it in German or English? I am going to learn Latin soon but right now I am limited to German and English for reading)

_________________
Fiat justitia, et pereat mundus-Ferdinand I


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Denzinger's Enchiridion
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:02 pm 
Offline
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:55 am
Posts: 78054
Location: 1.5532386636 radians
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
https://www.ignatius.com/Enchiridion-Sy ... -P543.aspx

That's the latest (and expensivest) version. If you can stand to be a little out-of-date, you can find older ones on the used market for less.

_________________
Nos autem in nomine Domini Dei nostri

Need something to read?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Denzinger's Enchiridion
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:07 pm 
Offline
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:55 am
Posts: 78054
Location: 1.5532386636 radians
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: 4th Degree KofC
AFAIK there is only one official English publisher for each edition, so it's just a matter of which one you want to pay for.

_________________
Nos autem in nomine Domini Dei nostri

Need something to read?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Denzinger's Enchiridion
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:42 pm 
Offline
Citizen
Citizen

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:15 am
Posts: 224
Location: Off in the hills
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: KoC, Legion of Mary
Aha!

Hmmmm, 70$ is a little much.. but might be worth it for a work like that.

Thanks!

_________________
Fiat justitia, et pereat mundus-Ferdinand I


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Denzinger's Enchiridion
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:12 am 
Offline
Prodigal Son of Thunder
Prodigal Son of Thunder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:54 am
Posts: 39688
Location: Ithilien
Religion: Dunedain Catholic
Church Affiliations: AWC, CSB, UIGSE-FSE (FNE)
FYI, I think Denzinger is online at the "Clerus" web site run by the Congregation for the Clergy

_________________
Formerly Bagheera

"Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the King." (1 Peter 2:17)
Federation of North-American Explorers - North Star Group - How You Can Help


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Denzinger's Enchiridion
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:01 pm 
Offline
Citizen
Citizen

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:15 am
Posts: 224
Location: Off in the hills
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: KoC, Legion of Mary
Peregrinator wrote:
FYI, I think Denzinger is online at the "Clerus" web site run by the Congregation for the Clergy


Wow!

Thanks! I do wish I was the sort that could read things online.. but especially for a work like that I think I am gonna have to get a hard copy.

_________________
Fiat justitia, et pereat mundus-Ferdinand I


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Denzinger's Enchiridion
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:05 pm 
Offline
Some Poor Bibliophile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:22 pm
Posts: 18644
Givi46 wrote:
Peregrinator wrote:
FYI, I think Denzinger is online at the "Clerus" web site run by the Congregation for the Clergy


Wow!

Thanks! I do wish I was the sort that could read things online.. but especially for a work like that I think I am gonna have to get a hard copy.


:clap:

_________________
"I tell you naught for your comfort,
Yea, naught for your desire,
Save that the sky grows darker yet
And the sea rises higher."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Denzinger's Enchiridion
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:02 pm 
Offline
Citizen
Citizen
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:13 am
Posts: 211
Location: Houston TX
Religion: Catholic
Mine was published by Catholic Book Publishing (NY). I have no idea how or where I bought it.

_________________
Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire called conscience. - George Washington


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Denzinger's Enchiridion
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:51 pm 
Offline
Citizen
Citizen

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:15 am
Posts: 224
Location: Off in the hills
Religion: Catholic
Church Affiliations: KoC, Legion of Mary
Riverboat wrote:
Mine was published by Catholic Book Publishing (NY). I have no idea how or where I bought it.


...Where do I get in on this phantom theological book appearance thing? Does one simply clear off a bookshelf and wait? ::):

_________________
Fiat justitia, et pereat mundus-Ferdinand I


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Denzinger's Enchiridion
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:05 pm 
Offline
Some Poor Bibliophile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:22 pm
Posts: 18644
Givi46 wrote:
Riverboat wrote:
Mine was published by Catholic Book Publishing (NY). I have no idea how or where I bought it.


...Where do I get in on this phantom theological book appearance thing? Does one simply clear off a bookshelf and wait? ::):



If only.

_________________
"I tell you naught for your comfort,
Yea, naught for your desire,
Save that the sky grows darker yet
And the sea rises higher."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Denzinger's Enchiridion
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:32 am 
Offline
There Can Be Only One
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:44 pm
Posts: 12105
Location: Nuevo Mexico
Religion: Catholic
GKC wrote:
Givi46 wrote:
Peregrinator wrote:
FYI, I think Denzinger is online at the "Clerus" web site run by the Congregation for the Clergy


Wow!

Thanks! I do wish I was the sort that could read things online.. but especially for a work like that I think I am gonna have to get a hard copy.


:clap:


A hard copy? Definitely two. Maybe three. Four could be considered. Five is not impossible.

For some.

_________________
Where’er the Catholic sun doth shine,
There’s music and laughter and good red wine.
At least I’ve always found it so.
Benedicamus Domino!
~Hilaire Belloc

Semper Fi!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Denzinger's Enchiridion
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:45 am 
Offline
Citizen
Citizen
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:13 am
Posts: 211
Location: Houston TX
Religion: Catholic
Givi46 wrote:
...Where do I get in on this phantom theological book appearance thing? Does one simply clear off a bookshelf and wait? ::):

Don't be silly. You have to wait for the book fairy. Simply tear out a few pages of anything by James Joyce or William Faulkner and put them under your pillow, and before you fall asleep say "Please, Book Fairy, take these incomprehensible pages away from me and replace them with something that makes SENSE!"

_________________
Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire called conscience. - George Washington


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Denzinger's Enchiridion
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:45 am 
Offline
Some Poor Bibliophile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:22 pm
Posts: 18644
Highlander wrote:
GKC wrote:
Givi46 wrote:
Peregrinator wrote:
FYI, I think Denzinger is online at the "Clerus" web site run by the Congregation for the Clergy


Wow!

Thanks! I do wish I was the sort that could read things online.. but especially for a work like that I think I am gonna have to get a hard copy.


:clap:


A hard copy? Definitely two. Maybe three. Four could be considered. Five is not impossible.

For some.


We call those "amateurs".

_________________
"I tell you naught for your comfort,
Yea, naught for your desire,
Save that the sky grows darker yet
And the sea rises higher."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]   


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Jump to: